Goodbye Jesus

The Barbarian Starts Reading The Koran

Thurisaz

Well, well. The subject says it all. I finally got to seriously working my way through the koran.

Today I reached Sura 8 of over a hundred. Kind of interesting read (and considering that I sometimes butt heads with islamist numbnuts over at christianforums.com, of some use for me). I have to admit that some of the details I read so far are definitely better than what the wholly babble says. The stuff can still be abused easily, but at least the mentioning of how divorces should be handled are better than the babblical view that there must never be a divorce yadda blah yadda. Anyway, I can understand very well how a fanatic who's unhappy with jebus cult doctrine could think that it's a good idea to join islam. The details are better...

Of course, much to the chagrin of any fanatic muslims possibly reading this, the main points remain just as bullshitty as those of the babble... "allah is omnipotent+omniscient+omnibenevolent+omniwhathaveyou, but hell still awaits for those who don't believe without any reason" et al.

But at least I'm coming closer and closer to the point where I can justly say "I know what I'm talking about" when verbally bitchslapping islamist nutcases :wicked:

Well, well. The subject says it all. I finally got to seriously working my way through the koran.

Today I reached Sura 8 of over a hundred. Kind of interesting read (and considering that I sometimes butt heads with islamist numbnuts over at christianforums.com, of some use for me). I have to admit that some of the details I read so far are definitely better than what the wholly babble says. The stuff can still be abused easily, but at least the mentioning of how divorces should be handled are better than the babblical view that there must never be a divorce yadda blah yadda. Anyway, I can understand very well how a fanatic who's unhappy with jebus cult doctrine could think that it's a good idea to join islam. The details are better...

Of course, much to the chagrin of any fanatic muslims possibly reading this, the main points remain just as bullshitty as those of the babble... "allah is omnipotent+omniscient+omnibenevolent+omniwhathaveyou, but hell still awaits for those who don't believe without any reason" et al.

But at least I'm coming closer and closer to the point where I can justly say "I know what I'm talking about" when verbally bitchslapping islamist nutcases :wicked:

The Koran corrects the NT with mistakes of its own, as the NT completes the OT with mistakes of its own, as the OT informs the world of ideas that some guy named Pete came up with in his tent, once upon a time, long, long ago tending sheep in his village trying to image how it all began before his sheep were there. ;)

In your experience with the Muslims over at CF, do you find that they are much Science Deniers as the xtian fundis are, or are they willing to admit the problem may lay with how they read their sacred literature? Just wondering if there is any level of humility there that seems to be absent in our exposure to fundis on this side of the fence?

In your experience with the Muslims over at CF, do you find that they are much Science Deniers as the xtian fundis are, or are they willing to admit the problem may lay with how they read their sacred literature? Just wondering if there is any level of humility there that seems to be absent in our exposure to fundis on this side of the fence?

For obvious reasons, there aren't as many muslim nutcases there as jebus idiots... but those who are there are definitely every bit as braindead as the biblidolatrists.

It's kind of funny to watch the neverending shitflinging in the non-christian religions forum between the jebus gang and the mohamed gang. Aaaah, the sweet irony to see them try and fight each other using the exact same bullcrap they blame the other side of using... :lmao:

The image is so damn fitting, I regularly use it over there...

mygodcan.gif

• 5 months later...

...cut...

This post dates back five months, Thurisaz, so no need to answer. But I'm wondering if you have finished the Qur'an and what your overall views are. In fact, I started a thread on the Qur'an in the General Theological Issues strand just the other day.

If you get a chance, I'd be interested in hearing the outcome of your dancing with the Qur'an, and your overall views.

Thanks.

CC in MA

...considering that I sometimes butt heads with islamist numbnuts over at christianforums.com, of some use for me)...

I visited that forum once. This exchristian forum has a much better layout and design, more user-friendly seems to me. I'll give the CF another chance, but just now looking it over I wasn't impressed. Too much color and blinking stuff going on. But let me not prejudge it. Interesting screen names over there: raptureman, neoscribe, thankful75. Very different group, there. :HaHa:

Noticed they have a "Christians Only" section. Hmmm....let's see what that's all about and why they are excluding non-christians!! :Doh:

-CC in MA

You have my endorsement in this endeavor. :grin:

This post dates back five months, Thurisaz, so no need to answer. But I'm wondering if you have finished the Qur'an and what your overall views are. In fact, I started a thread on the Qur'an in the General Theological Issues strand just the other day.

If you get a chance, I'd be interested in hearing the outcome of your dancing with the Qur'an, and your overall views.

Well, well. I still concede that some details are an advancement from the bible... but overall the whole thing is just as absurd as that other book, and much more open about it. The threats about hellfire are much more frequent and drastic as far as I can tell.

In other words, the same shit, just a slightly different color.

Well, well. I still concede that some details are an advancement from the bible... but overall the whole thing is just as absurd as that other book, and much more open about it. The threats about hellfire are much more frequent and drastic as far as I can tell.

In other words, the same shit, just a slightly different color.

Thank you, Thurisaz. While one can do away with hellfire as a Christian, it would be very hard to do that as a Muslim. The images in the Qur'an are, as you say, too frequent, too vivid, too obviously literal.

-CC in MA