Goodbye Jesus

Corruption

thomas

Hey

I want to know if any of you have studied the Jewish Faith, and if so, what conclusions you have reached. I am quite sure, that Christianity is corrupted right form the beginning. The first Christians deliberately misused the Jewish scriptures to show, that there new Faith were the fulfillment of Jewish exceptations.

But how about Judaism on its own terms, is it just as corrupted as Christianity, or ???

I think the OT presents an abominable God. It promotes genocide. All the pogroms and genocide against Jews in modern times followed the very principles that they themselves are represented in the OT as carrying out against other groups. The claim that God gave a specific tract of land to a particular group, and that they can expel or enslave anyone else living there, is corrupt. I also think the heavy admixture of random taboos is corrupt. Religionists can say that this or that taboo was an ancient health measure - but really, why is mixing two kinds of thread, or trimming the edges of your beard, etc. unhealthy? The point of the taboos is to create a feeling of "we" as over against "they," who don't observe the taboo. God makes a special relationship with "us" who do stuff that no other group does, so we feel we're special. I think that also is corrupt.

Then take the way texts are used. Deuteronomy was supposedly "found" in the temple. Yeah, right. It's more likely some priest/s wrote it and then passed it off as a new word from God.

That's my opinion.

...., why is mixing two kinds of thread, or trimming the edges of your beard, etc. unhealthy?  The point of the taboos is to create a feeling of "we" as over against "they," who don't observe the taboo.  God makes a special relationship with "us" who do stuff that no other group does, so we feel we're special.  I think that also is corrupt.

You got a good point there and I agree, it is deeply corrupt.

I think Christianity does exactly the same. When obeying the Christian rules you are not able to have a normal healty relationship to non Christians. Some versions of Christianity are worse then others, but they all do it.

It often begins when then new Christian is told to be a witness to his/her old friends. The new Christian is not likely to have success in that assignment, som the real purpose must be to separate the Christians from friends oputside the box.

.... the Talmud allows a girl of THREE YEARS OLD to be taken in marriage.  Makes me sick and these are the people who the OT is handed down by?  It says what it says and as with Christian apologetics they try and accuse people of ripping things out of context.  How can this be ripped "out of context"....I pulled these from the link above from the site "Come and Hear: An Education Forum for the Examination of Religious Truth and Religios Tolerance"

Thanks, I had no idea, that parts of Judaism contain such corrupt elements. It is so extreme, that it - in my opinion - puts all of Judaism in a very bad light.

As I read the responses here, I begin to think, that Christianity in some sense is very close to judaism. Of course, the content of the Christian teachings is not consistent with the Jewish Faith, but the basic style of manipulation and presenting sickening teachings as holy truth, seems very similar.

:vent:

• 3 weeks later...
Post quoted

What gets me about Christians is that they totally left out major parts of Judaism like the Talmud and broke various Jewish laws. I am an atheist but they did everything without adherence to Jewish law. And, if I had to convert to any religion, it would be Judaism. Sure, it's not true, but hey, seems ok to me. :lmao:

Hey

I want to know if any of you have studied the Jewish Faith, and if so, what conclusions you have reached. I am quite sure, that Christianity is corrupted right form the beginning. The first Christians deliberately misused the Jewish scriptures to show, that there new Faith were the fulfillment of Jewish exceptations.

But how about Judaism on its own terms, is it just as corrupted as Christianity, or ???

My opinion will be in a different light, then some here. While I was looking for answers and trying to understand reality and fear (or to discern them) that had been instilled in me for years by the xtin Fanatics I must say that Jewish teachings helped me immensely.

I began to understand things more from a Jewish Perspective (Which encourages the individual to find God on their own no beliving or anything like that required) as opposed to a doctrine. I was seriously at one point considering converting.

Even understanding things such as political stances became clearer to me.

First thing I learned was most is not to be taken literally out of the Bible. (One thing that Christians do)

Jewish Stance on abortion for example, is allowable, because they don't believe life begins at conception, but it begins with the first breath of life (Such as Adams life began with breath, not with the creation part If one believes the story) Of course you will find Jewish people that will disagree.. and that's another thing I learned from Jewish teachings. There is no "right way" their are two paths one yours one mine. Debate and arguing about what each feels is right is not only allowed but encouraged. Perplexing questions are asked and debated openly.

Also, there is no Hell, demons or anything as such. Afterlife is another debate completely, but I read somewhere (Forget where? Maybe it was over on Aish?) You see yourself truly and all illusions are removed, all your failures as well as all your strengths, it's suppose to draw you closer to god, Reincarnation is also another possibility after this learning phase. It was interesting anyway.

I use to attend different classes on line (Voice classes thru Paltalk), and it was a sort of therapy session for me. I would just go to listen to the different teachings or debates, not so much participate.

You'll also find that a strong sect of Orthodox Jews refuse to support Israel, I found that very interesting.

There are so many branches of Judaism, it's hard to explain them all. Some sects Refuse to recognize other sects and so on.

Thru my own trying to find answers, I've arrived at my own conclusion to question if god exists or not. I choose neither to believe nor Disbelieve but to keep an open mind if something comes up.

As far as Judaism, I can't thank rabbis and some of the Jewish people I know and met in my life, I can't thank them enough for being there when I was in serious need of deprogramming.

Also, One more thing I admire about them, They are all responsible for their own actions, sins and misdeeds, in order to obtain forgiveness they first have to fix the situation with the person they wronged (If a person is involved) Then they have to pray, fast, and be contrite to God. In other words, each sin you make, you have to make right by yourself. *** Sin in only defined as breaking an actual Mitzvah (Commandment)**** you could curse out your fellow Jew and it wouldn't be considered a "sin" Unlike the Christian mindset where just about everything is a "sin" if its not for or about God.