Problems With The Police!

AtheistMommy

A few days ago, maybe more like a month ago, I had the cops called on me for having my factory car radio up too loud in the middle of the day (about 3pm) while I was cleaning my car. This isn't the first time I've cleaned my car in the middle of the day with my car radio on. But this is the first time someone has actually called the cops on me for doing it.

The cop was sarcastic and he did some boob staring. Yes, I had a low cut shirt on but it was hot outside and I was cleaning a car. Believe me, I was nothing great to look at. But I found it annoying that this cop was staring at by breasts while he was trying to lecture me on my car stereo. I turned it down and said, "I'm sorry, if someone would have come out of their house and asked me to lower my car stereo I would have done so." To which he replied with a laugh and said, "Yeah, people call us for the stupidest things." Not very professional in my opinion.

Moving on...

A few day ago (literally) two cops come knocking at my door. My husband walks up to talk to them, I was getting ready to leave, the kids were already in the car. The cops ask why we left our kids in the car. My husband had the car on, air conditioner on, it was locked (we have two keys) and the kids were just put in there. My husband asked if it was a crime, I think he thought he was going to be arrested. One cop answered and said "No, its not a crime." By this time I was done getting ready and I needed to get by. The two cops were blocking the door way so I politely said "excuse me, I'm trying to get to my car so I can leave." They both just looked at me, so I walked toward them and they finally moved out of my way.

Obviously they don't intimidate me as much as they do my husband. They don't intimidate me because I have a few uncles who are cops (one's retired) and a few cousins also.

Moving on...

I didn't realize that they were trying to bait my husband other wise I would have stayed and debated them. They started asking him if he was on drugs. They asked him if we put our kids in the car so that we could have sex. This totally pissed me off. What in the hell do they think their doing? It sounds like they are looking for a reason to take one of us in, if not both of us.

When they first came up to the door they said they were "just in the area." Implying that no one called them on us. When I walked out the door all of our neighbors were outside staring and talking to each other. WTF!

I hate these cops to begin with. They pull you over for no good reasons. When I first bought my car one pulled me over, was pissed because I didn't stop as soon as he put his lights on, and accused me of stealing the car I was driving (while I had my kid in the car!). They pull people over in the middle of the road all the time. It's usually the turning lane, as if this is somehow less of an obstruction to traffic.

Anyway, now I'm wondering if one of my neighbors aren't calling the cops on me any chance they get. When I was cleaning my car it looked as if no one was home around me. Apparently someone was, but no cars were out there. I'd love to move but we really don't have the money right now, especially with me going to school and not working. I really don't know what I'm going to do about this. But the next cop that comes to my front door without a good reason is going to get an earfull and a door slamed in his face.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

That story has to be a lie because police "protect and serve". They never harass people or abuse their power. I suggest that you call your local precinct and apologize to the captain and then bring them so fresh homemade donuts to attone for what you did. They were obviously just trying to protect you and serve you. I love the pigs! :HaHa:

That story has to be a lie because police "protect and serve". They never harass people or abuse their power. I suggest that you call your local precinct and apologize to the captain and then bring them so fresh homemade donuts to attone for what you did. They were obviously just trying to protect you and serve you. I love the pigs! :HaHa:

:Wendywhatever: Are you a cop?

I still have to wonder, how long exactly did they sit out there and wait till they came knocking on my door (because they were in the area). I mean, we put the kids in the car, come back in to get some more stuff and were getting ready to leave. That is nothing like leaving them in the car to go shopping. Oh those fuckers get under my skin!

Am I having sex! Where is this any of their fucken business?! And why the fuck would I put my kids in the car just to have sex in my house? What kind of lame brain thinking is that shit?RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

No, those fuckers were high on surgar or something. Talking about someone breaking into our car and stealing it. Oh it's locked, someone could just break your window, FUCK YOU COPS! Why on earth would anyone want to steal a mini-van. Sure if we had an expensive sports car, sure they might want to steal it despite the kids being inside. Unless they were totally desperate, had it in for me, or just were so fucken stupid, why on earth would someone want to steal a mini-van with children inside? Maybe because these fucken dick heads had nothing better to do.

When we left they were blocking the enterence to the street with their fucken police car, talking to one of our neighbors (in the street) and laughing as they watched us drive away. WTF?! Is this the new "SUPER TROOPERS?"

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

:Wendywhatever: Are you a cop?

I still have to wonder, how long exactly did they sit out there and wait till they came knocking on my door (because they were in the area). I mean, we put the kids in the car, come back in to get some more stuff and were getting ready to leave. That is nothing like leaving them in the car to go shopping. Oh those fuckers get under my skin!

Am I having sex! Where is this any of their fucken business?! And why the fuck would I put my kids in the car just to have sex in my house? What kind of lame brain thinking is that shit?RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

No, those fuckers were high on surgar or something.

In case you couldn't tell, I was kidding. I know there are plenty of good cops, there have to be, but I haven't met any, nor have I ever heard a friend of mine tell me a story about how they were helped by a cop. Just the opposite.

It takes a certain kind of person to desire the kind of power that the police have in the moment without possessing the slightest degree of wisdom, or talent, or intelligence or ability that might make you actually worthy of such power. Just about any jackass who dreamed of being a storm trooper when he was a kid can be a cop, carry a gun and basically own your ass. Yeah, I know, people become cops because they want to help out their fellow man. Do you really buy that shit?

The police are the law. Period. They decide, from moment to moment, which laws are enforced and which are not. They can shoot you for trying to hand them your wallet and they will never go to jail.

If it ever comes down to your word against theirs in a court of law, who do you think will be believed? When they have you in their custody, are they driven to be ethical when they know that no one important is watching, in my experience, they are not (some not all).

Of course, we have to have the police, but the nature of the position is too corrupting. I'm happy to avoid the cops in everything I do. Those aren't my kind of people.

Maybe because you are involved in a free-thinking group it is a government conspiracy! I'm kind of kidding...but that stuff is scary to think about. They could just kill people that don't agree with them...

But that won't happen to you I'm sure!!

It's probably just pissed off neighbors.

In case you couldn't tell, I was kidding. I know there are plenty of good cops, there have to be, but I haven't met any, nor have I ever heard a friend of mine tell me a story about how they were helped by a cop. Just the opposite.

It takes a certain kind of person to desire the kind of power that the police have in the moment without possessing the slightest degree of wisdom, or talent, or intelligence or ability that might make you actually worthy of such power. Just about any jackass who dreamed of being a storm trooper when he was a kid can be a cop, carry a gun and basically own your ass. Yeah, I know, people become cops because they want to help out their fellow man. Do you really buy that shit?

The police are the law. Period. They decide, from moment to moment which laws are enforced and which are not. They can shoot you for trying to hand them your wallet and they will never go to jail.

If it ever comes down to your word against their in a court of law, who do you think will be believed? When they have you in their custody, are they driven to be ethical when they no that no one important is watching, in my experience, they are not (some not all).

Of course, we have to have the police, but the nature of the position is too corrupting. I'm happy to avoid the cops in everything I do. Those aren't my kind of people.

LOL, yes I know you were just kidding. I'm just still pissed over this shit.

See, coming from California where the cops are subject to laws because they've acted like sexist assholes in the past, doesn't help. These redneck fuckers think they can run right over everyone. I'm not going to back down just because they have a gun and a badge. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid. However, after interacting with quite a few cops here I'm pretty sure I'm smarter.

Its ashame that we can't rely on them to protect us.

Maybe because you are involved in a free-thinking group it is a government conspiracy! I'm kind of kidding...but that stuff is scary to think about. They could just kill people that don't agree with them...

But that won't happen to you I'm sure!!

It's probably just pissed off neighbors.

Oh I'm very sure it has something to do with one of our neighbors. Which one, I am not sure of. The neigbor to the right of us has a pot smoking daughter who left her bowl out one day. My son found it playing over there with her kids. I refuse to let him play with them over there again. The neighbor to the left of us got into an argument with my husband about the lawn (long story, not to meantion stupid story). The neigbor across the street is some wanna be biker guy who has "I love Jesus" tattoos. So yea, could be any one of them.

Athiestmommy,

There is some recourse you have. What they are doing is harrassment. First thing you do the next time those cops come to the door or approach you is ask them, "have I broken some law?", if they say no, then ask them "what gave you probable cause to want to come and check this palce out?" Note, the term "probable cause" is a legal term. If they say none, then ask them not to bother you again or you will consider filing suit. Look them point blank in the eye. Also, do file a complaint on the cops. Even if they are cleared of the complaint, it follows them where ever they go. Do consult a civilrights attorney for sure. If they want to search your house, by FEDERAL LAW, they MUST have a warrant. DO NOT take any crap from them.....

Thank you for the advice. I will do that. I told my husband I wasn't going to let them get away with this shit.

Don't invite them into the house if they don't have a warrant. By letting them in, you let them search (in sight) for anything that can cause suspicion.

A few days ago, maybe more like a month ago, I had the cops called on me for having my factory car radio up too loud in the middle of the day (about 3pm) while I was cleaning my car. This isn't the first time I've cleaned my car in the middle of the day with my car radio on. But this is the first time someone has actually called the cops on me for doing it.

The cop was sarcastic and he did some boob staring. Yes, I had a low cut shirt on but it was hot outside and I was cleaning a car. Believe me, I was nothing great to look at. But I found it annoying that this cop was staring at by breasts while he was trying to lecture me on my car stereo.

Wow. Sexual harrassment, anyone?

Seeing as men in the workplace can be smacked with that charge for just about anything under the sun by a petty/vengeful woman (as well as--and deservedly so--by those with legitimate cause), I don't see any reason why that shouldn't apply to an on-duty "public servant" who is obviously and openly leering at your breasts.

Burnedout gives some good advice. You're already not going to let these fuckers push you around, now show them that you're willing to push back.

Wow. Sexual harrassment, anyone?

Seeing as men in the workplace can be smacked with that charge for just about anything under the sun by a petty/vengeful woman (as well as--and deservedly so--by those with legitimate cause), I don't see any reason why that shouldn't apply to an on-duty "public servant" who is obviously and openly leering at your breasts.

Burnedout gives some good advice. You're already not going to let these fuckers push you around, now show them that you're willing to push back.

Oh, I've been kicking myself for not getting their info. If I made a stink about it now I'd most likely be ignored. I have no names or numbers. But believe me, as soon as one of these fuckers come back I'm getting all that an more. I'm not about to let them get away with this shit.

Funny or not, I find it more offensive that they had the nerve to ask my husband if we were having sex than I do that one cop staring at my breasts. Either way, you're right. They need to know that they are here to enforce the law, be example citizens, but they are not above the law.

LOL I feel your pain... when we still lived in our house in the ghetto and it was on the market, a cop showed up at my door "just checking in" and wanting to know if we were having any luck selling it. He obviously was looking to make sure we weren't running a drug house or some such thing. He tried to peer over my shoulder, but I kept the door open only a couple inches so he couldn't.

Cops are annoying, and I really have not ever had one help me. I've only gotten harrassed because I was a white girl in a black neighborhood... I MUST have been looking for drugs, after all! (A cop who pulled me over near my old house for no reason said that to me... for real... he said, "Why are you here? The only reason white people come here is to look for drugs.")

Athiestmommy,

Something I forgot to mention earlier, but legally, you do not have to allow the police on your property unless they have a warrant. One thing you can do is to put a "NO TRESPASSING" sign on the property that even says "No Trespassing, including police without a warrant." If they ignore that sign without a warrant, you can sue the shit out of them. I know a fellow who has done that twice. If you are standing on the edge of your property and the police want to come on and act as if they are coming, just stand there with your arms folded and do not even act as if you are moving out of their way. If they bump into you, you can sue them. The only way they can come onto your property is if they see a crime being committed from off your property or have a warrant. That is it period, end of discussion. I have been the kind of fellow the cops don't like to mess with in my town. If they say they have evidence of a crime, ask them to produce it, and if they say they do not have to, then use these words exactly..."I will file a motion for discovery!" That is a legal term that means the courts will compel them to produce evidence and if they cannot, sue them for civilrights abuses and fraud.

See, now I wish you were here when they pulled that shit. Thank you.

LOL I feel your pain... when we still lived in our house in the ghetto and it was on the market, a cop showed up at my door "just checking in" and wanting to know if we were having any luck selling it. He obviously was looking to make sure we weren't running a drug house or some such thing. He tried to peer over my shoulder, but I kept the door open only a couple inches so he couldn't.

Cops are annoying, and I really have not ever had one help me. I've only gotten harrassed because I was a white girl in a black neighborhood... I MUST have been looking for drugs, after all! (A cop who pulled me over near my old house for no reason said that to me... for real... he said, "Why are you here? The only reason white people come here is to look for drugs.")

Yeah, tell me about it. They are just looking for any little thing they can get you on. Most of them are such dumbasses.

Most of them are such dumbasses

Jesus fucking christ I get extremely sick of hearing misguided ignorant opinions like this. So you had a bad experience with the cops. Wahhh wahhhhh. Cry me a river. There are degenerates on every job. Personally, I've had worse experiences with doctors than I have with the police. I don't trust doctors. Not one single bit. They're playing with your life while the whole time they're in it for the money. Doctors don't give a shit about their patients. Diagnose your illness in the most expensive, general way possible, prescibe you as many useless drugs as possible, then kill you before you can file malpractice.

See? we've all had bad experiences with 'professionals' of different stripes. The more responsible the position, the more the potential for abuse.

Most police officers are not dumbasses. Most police officers do the job that's assigned to them, like it or not. the 10% that are dumbasses make the rest look bad.

I like to do my share of illegal things. If I get busted, I won't blame the cops for it. I can only blame my own stupidity in letting myself get caught, and the lawmakers who made the damn law that I broke in the first place. The police don't make laws. The police don't make policy.

Place the blame where it belongs, on the lawmakers and police administrators, OK? the cops on the street are doing the job that's assigned to them and it's a damn difficult one. The cop that's telling you to turn down your music now was probably 5 minutes ago booking some drunken foul-mouthed redneck who beat up his wife, so cut him some slack.

No, I'm not pro-police or anything. But be fair. If you have a problem with one cop, that's one thing. But you can't go and say they're all dumbasses. That just makes you sound like a dumbass.

Doctors don't give a shit about they're patients

Yeah, I hate when people make blanket statments like this too. However I totally understand when the comment is made out of anger.

That was my point. I realize most doctors would poop out of medical school if they were just in it for the money, but some bad eggs do make it through. And when they do, they hurt people.

It's the power and visibility that makes police so uniquely despicable when they abuse that power.

However, I can't emphasize enough: put the blame where it belongs, on the lawmakers, police administrators, hell, even the damn judges. You don't see them as often, but they're 10 times more to blame for what the police do than are the police themselves.

And I have to sheepishly admit I lost my temper a bit on that last post. It's hot as hell here in Shanghai. Humid too.

That was my point. I realize most doctors would poop out of medical school if they were just in it for the money, but some bad eggs do make it through. And when they do, they hurt people.

It's the power and visibility that makes police so uniquely despicable when they abuse that power.

However, I can't emphasize enough: put the blame where it belongs, on the lawmakers, police administrators, hell, even the damn judges. You don't see them as often, but they're 10 times more to blame for what the police do than are the police themselves.

And I have to sheepishly admit I lost my temper a bit on that last post. It's hot as hell here in Shanghai. Humid too.

I agree. I was being serious with my last comment.

Here's a handy thing for everyone - it tells your rights when it comes to the cops and other law enforcement agents:

know_your_rights_pamphlet___english.pdf

It's a PDF file - download and print it.

I just wanted to say thank you for posting that. It does help out a lot. :grin:

The cop was sarcastic and he did some boob staring. Yes, I had a low cut shirt on but it was hot outside and I was cleaning a car. Believe me, I was nothing great to look at. But I found it annoying that this cop was staring at by breasts while he was trying to lecture me on my car stereo. I turned it down and said, "I'm sorry, if someone would have come out of their house and asked me to lower my car stereo I would have done so." To which he replied with a laugh and said, "Yeah, people call us for the stupidest things." Not very professional in my opinion.

Moving on...

A few day ago (literally) two cops come knocking at my door. My husband walks up to talk to them, I was getting ready to leave, the kids were already in the car. The cops ask why we left our kids in the car. My husband had the car on, air conditioner on, it was locked (we have two keys) and the kids were just put in there. My husband asked if it was a crime, I think he thought he was going to be arrested. One cop answered and said "No, its not a crime." By this time I was done getting ready and I needed to get by. The two cops were blocking the door way so I politely said "excuse me, I'm trying to get to my car so I can leave." They both just looked at me, so I walked toward them and they finally moved out of my way.

Obviously they don't intimidate me as much as they do my husband. They don't intimidate me because I have a few uncles who are cops (one's retired) and a few cousins also.

Moving on...

I didn't realize that they were trying to bait my husband other wise I would have stayed and debated them. They started asking him if he was on drugs. They asked him if we put our kids in the car so that we could have sex. This totally pissed me off. What in the hell do they think their doing? It sounds like they are looking for a reason to take one of us in, if not both of us.

When they first came up to the door they said they were "just in the area." Implying that no one called them on us. When I walked out the door all of our neighbors were outside staring and talking to each other. WTF!

I hate these cops to begin with. They pull you over for no good reasons. When I first bought my car one pulled me over, was pissed because I didn't stop as soon as he put his lights on, and accused me of stealing the car I was driving (while I had my kid in the car!). They pull people over in the middle of the road all the time. It's usually the turning lane, as if this is somehow less of an obstruction to traffic.

Anyway, now I'm wondering if one of my neighbors aren't calling the cops on me any chance they get. When I was cleaning my car it looked as if no one was home around me. Apparently someone was, but no cars were out there. I'd love to move but we really don't have the money right now, especially with me going to school and not working. I really don't know what I'm going to do about this. But the next cop that comes to my front door without a good reason is going to get an earfull and a door slamed in his face.

JEEEEEZUS FUCKING CHRIST! Why don't they go out and pursue the real fuckin scumbags in town? Do you think you wre profiled because of being a freethinker? Good luck mom.

AtheistMommy, just be glad the neighbors didn't call DCFS on you.

If they show up, DO NOT let them in. They will try coercion and threats. Don't try to "explain" anything either. They will twist it and use it against you.

An example: If you say you have a glass of wine with dinner, they will have you labelled "alcoholic" and start setting up rehab for it.

Seriously..I fear those fools more than any cop.

Huaidan,

"Just doing my job" is no substitute for a conscience.

If their authority over other people can come from nowhere, so can mine. So please don't blame me for hating cops. I'm just doing my job -enforcing the Law of Reciprocity. It's hard enough doing that without you bitching and moaning about it every step of the way.

Society needs anti-cops too.

A few days ago, .....

In my home town we have a joke about police. It goes something like:

Q: Why do police hang around in groups of thee (3)?

A: One the can read, one that can write and one to control two dangerous intellectuals.

Like most police and police departments all over the world, the cheapest of the best are chosen to "serve!"

No matter where I have lived, no matter what country, no matter what state, it has always been the same.

Sorry you went through this. Thy're assholes.

Sparrow

Wait until you come across SMALL TOWN police.....they're corrupted like a whale carcass rotting on the beach in the middle of humid July.

My best friend lives in a town over in Illinois, who last year found a guy growing pot in his backyard. They duly arrested him and put the pot in a police shed for "evidence". Two weeks later the pot disappears. The evidence points to the COPS taking a freebie from work themselves, but they just grabbed a kid at the local high school, fingered him as the "thief" (without any evidence whatsoever) and carted him off to prison.

Around here in a small town on the other side of the river, cops mostly just frequent houses of prostitution and hand out tickets to innocent commuters out of boredom, while running red lights themselves.

To anybody thinking of moving to the suburbs/small town: It ain't Mayberry.

JEEEEEZUS FUCKING CHRIST! Why don't they go out and pursue the real fuckin scumbags in town? Do you think you wre profiled because of being a freethinker? Good luck mom.

Yeah, that is exactly the way I felt after the fact. I don't know if the police are targeting me for being a freethinker but I think someone here in my neighborhood is. I wouldn't be surprised if I got a brick though my window with a nasty message, the way things have been going around here.

AtheistMommy, just be glad the neighbors didn't call DCFS on you.

If they show up, DO NOT let them in. They will try coercion and threats. Don't try to "explain" anything either. They will twist it and use it against you.

An example: If you say you have a glass of wine with dinner, they will have you labelled "alcoholic" and start setting up rehab for it.

Seriously..I fear those fools more than any cop.

What is DCFS? I think you're talking about CPS but I'm not sure. Either way, I've been there done that. When I was about 13 my little sister picked up a nice hot cup of coffee (she was about 9months old) and burn the crap out of her little arms. It was horrible. The next day CPS was at my school, they didn't let me talk to my mom, took me and my other sister to some half way house. For two weeks we stayed there in this over crowed building that had locks on every door. It was like kiddy jail.

They asked me what happened (I actually saw the whole thing) and a week later they let us go. My mom told me about how they came in the house and took the baby. No questions asked, they just took us away and did an investigation.

Now, mind you, the burns were only about a two degree injury. The baby was fine. They wouldn't let me see her though. She was in the same building. And yes, I was pissed off. I asked a million questions. For the most part they ignored me. But I had another sister to tend to, so I tried to keep calm.

I understand that they want to protect children from people who will harm them. But I thought in this country it was innocent until proven guilty not the other way around. If I were in my mom's place I would have gotten a lawyer.

She was just happy to finally have us back.

A few days ago, .....

In my home town we have a joke about police. It goes something like:

Q: Why do police hang around in groups of thee (3)?

A: One the can read, one that can write and one to control two dangerous intellectuals.

Like most police and police departments all over the world, the cheapest of the best are chosen to "serve!"

No matter where I have lived, no matter what country, no matter what state, it has always been the same.

Sorry you went through this. Thy're assholes.

Sparrow

LOL! I noticed that they were hanging out at the beach in groups of three. Just sitting there doing nothing, some of them not even directing trafic. They didn't have bikes or anything. I'm thinking, why exacly are they there if they aren't doing anything?

Thank you for the joke :lmao:

Wait until you come across SMALL TOWN police.....they're corrupted like a whale carcass rotting on the beach in the middle of humid July.

My best friend lives in a town over in Illinois, who last year found a guy growing pot in his backyard. They duly arrested him and put the pot in a police shed for "evidence". Two weeks later the pot disappears. The evidence points to the COPS taking a freebie from work themselves, but they just grabbed a kid at the local high school, fingered him as the "thief" (without any evidence whatsoever) and carted him off to prison.

Around here in a small town on the other side of the river, cops mostly just frequent houses of prostitution and hand out tickets to innocent commuters out of boredom, while running red lights themselves.

To anybody thinking of moving to the suburbs/small town: It ain't Mayberry.

These cops are so much like small town police. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that we live in bible town. Only they are wannabe California cops so they all look like they've been working out. Maybe that's why they seem so dumb, all the drugs their doing has shrunk their penis and their brains.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

The kind of person that chooses law enforcement as a profession, either that are extraordinarily eleemosynary, or they like power, howerer thay can get it. I don't trust cops because I wonder about the kind of person who wants to be a cop. I wonder. :scratch: