Goodbye Jesus

Who The Fuck Needs God?

garrisonjj

JEEZUS godamn christ. People blindly follow their gods. Worship him for promise of a big fuckin noexistent payoff. They go through all sorts of brainwashing fuckin rituals. Where is god when you need him/ Why all the fuckin mysteries like fuckin faith? Such bullshit. I take pride in my new revelations. Have any of you felt so totally free after dumping the god concept/ thanks

JEEZUS godamn christ. People blindly follow their gods. Worship him for promise of a big fuckin noexistent payoff. They go through all sorts of brainwashing fuckin rituals. Where is god when you need him/ Why all the fuckin mysteries like fuckin faith? Such bullshit. I take pride in my new revelations. Have any of you felt so totally free after dumping the god concept/ thanks

After dumping the concept of the Abrahamic deity, the spiritual tyrant who nitpicks my every move and would send all my loved ones as well as myself to be eternally tortured, as well as committed all manner of crimes in the OT?

Yes - "free" was hardly the word for it. The happiness I slowly came to grasp was almost wordless. It's nice to know such a monster really isn't waiting for you after you die.

Of course, I have other gods. I am a religious person by nature, and being irreligious simply didn't suit me. But I have gods that make more sense now than the Abrahamic deity, gods that do not require placation nor place unnatural demands on me nor make promises that can't be kept. Gods that are far more palatable than the spiritual dictator some call Jeezus™.

I also take pride in my new revelations, and still enjoy knowing the boogeyman I used to believe in really isn't there :)

Absolutely, I really do feel free. It's like I'm seeing the world for what it really is the first time (well, I guess technically I actually am doing just that). It's great to be able to live life by my own standards and not have to worry about God punishing me for this or for that. Sometimes I still fall back on that, but over time it will go away.

"The truth will set you free." At least the Bible got something right.

It's awesome to have finally escaped the Matrix of religion.

I don't worship Jehovah, but the tone here sounds exactly like what I heard for years of "Jesus Christ, people are so blind, they need me to tell them what's what so they may be SAVED!"

I've never understood why people think they NEED to believe in god. They'll say stupid things like, "If you don't worship god, they you must worship [insert whatever they're scared of today]." "People have a god-shaped hole." Claims that worship is some sort of in-born need.

Why can't folks just grasp the concept of dealing with reality? It's not that complicated!

I figure if it works for some people, that oughta be good enough, just as long as they don't try to make me do it too. So even though it's not my bag, it's allright if someone's a deist or theist. If that internalized spirituality helps them get through the day or gives them guidance, I think that's a good thing.

I'm a believer of "your rights end at my nose." As long as they're not trying to use their spirituality to bring harm or annoyance to me, who am I to argue with them?

-Seth

Well, alot of people say that if they didn't believe in God, they would be going around stealing and killing cause there'd be no morals....

I guess for some people reality is too harsh, they need the fantasy world religion provides to compensate.

Guest HereticChick

ZOMG, I have heard the same damned thing! One poster in another group told me that without religion then there'd be no differance between good and evil. She basically said atheists had no morals! :Wendywhatever:

If people need God and the Bible to be moral and not go around and kill each other all over the place, how is it explained that humanity didn't kill itself off before Moses? Or how come 2/3:ds of the world is not Christian, and not killing each other? Or how come we don't see all atheists in prison for murder?

Guest Sal Monella

People who are trying to explain or figure out their purpose in life?

The aethists I know are nicer than the christains I know. So the theory that you need a bible to tell you right from wrong is blown to hell.

I don't need prayers. I need people.

garrison, you are my dude! i agree totally. i am so thankful to all the information, and my strong mind led to my departure from mental prison.

My take. Yes, following the path of the Old Ones was freeing for me, at least compared to Christianity. As a Christian (Catholic) I spent many hours worshipping and serving Him-- always in a pious way. I had a lot of guilt, and I always worried that I hadn't done enough to earn my salvation. I worried that I wasn't reverent enough.

As a Pagan, I know that irreverence can be the spice of a ritual. I've actually done an invocation thusly: "Comedians of the East (giggle), come join us and share some jokes!" Hey, it's allowed. You're allowed to smile in ritual. This is freeing for me. I know that it's not a matter of being saved but rather of living well, and so long as I truly seek to do good in the world and minimize the harm I do, I'm FINE. I'm okay "as is", I don't have to go through endless rounds of Reconciliation to get right with the Goddess. That takes a huge load of stress off me. Oh yeah, and not being dependent on another human for my salvation, knowing that I determine my fate-- utterly priceless.

Oh yeah, leaving Christianity behind was the right call. I'll admit I got pretty depressed at first but as I got more grounded in the Pagan ways I felt a lot of peace and joy. As I progress into a lot of mystical thought I feel even more freedom as I leave minutiae behind and get "down to brass tacks"

My take. Yes, following the path of the Old Ones was freeing for me, at least compared to Christianity. As a Christian (Catholic) I spent many hours worshipping and serving Him-- always in a pious way. I had a lot of guilt, and I always worried that I hadn't done enough to earn my salvation. I worried that I wasn't reverent enough.

As a Pagan, I know that irreverence can be the spice of a ritual. I've actually done an invocation thusly: "Comedians of the East (giggle), come join us and share some jokes!" Hey, it's allowed. You're allowed to smile in ritual. This is freeing for me. I know that it's not a matter of being saved but rather of living well, and so long as I truly seek to do good in the world and minimize the harm I do, I'm FINE. I'm okay "as is", I don't have to go through endless rounds of Reconciliation to get right with the Goddess. That takes a huge load of stress off me. Oh yeah, and not being dependent on another human for my salvation, knowing that I determine my fate-- utterly priceless.

Oh yeah, leaving Christianity behind was the right call. I'll admit I got pretty depressed at first but as I got more grounded in the Pagan ways I felt a lot of peace and joy. As I progress into a lot of mystical thought I feel even more freedom as I leave minutiae behind and get "down to brass tacks"

Yes, I have also gone from being the devout catholic to pagan/atheist happily. I know I am a good person and thats all that counts. As for fuckin imiginary beings recording my every act as a creation of their's is pure foolishness. Thanks

If you want to have fun making Christians squirm, simply go into a Christian chat room and ask them how Judas died. Point out the sections of scripture where one says he hung himself and the other says he spilled his guts on the potters field. Then just say, "Well...WHICH ONE WAS IT?!, because it is physically impossible to do both!", then just keep hammering them with it and don't let them off the mat. There area few who will try to tap dance around and say it was both but the only thing they can do is speculate and it is a big big stretch. Just hammer them on the fact you only find places where it is one or the other.

Pppht. The "It was both" is the most common rationalization for all contradictions in the bible and they have zero problem with using it right and left. I've never seen anyone squirm over it. It's not 'speculation' if one verse says he hung himself and another says he fell headlong and spilled his guts, both CLEARLY did in fact happen. One account just focused on a different detail of his death than the other account. A breaking rope as he attempted to hang himself off a cliff need not be explicitly mentioned in either account for it to be obviously true that that's what happened to join the two accounts. One focused on his attempt to hang himself, the other focus on his being found fallen and split open. Their going-in paradigm of perfect amazin glorious harmony cannot be fazed.