Goodbye Jesus

Another Name For 'god'

padhyde

Rejecting religion still leaves us with determining our attitude and belief about the source and sustainer of what we perceive as life or existence. Some people who reject religion still call this God. Most famously, Thomas Paine claimed he believed in God whose message could be seen in all we observe but he utterly rejected the notion that God had anything to do with christianity or any organised religion. He saw himself as a Deist. Personally for me the word God implies a conscious being who is responsible for creation indelibly linked with religions. I wonder what other word best describes what I call the source and sustainer of our existence? I variously call it 'life' or 'nature' Whatever it is, I think it is wonderful, terrible, unjust, indiscriminate, beautiful, awesome, cruel, violent, peaceful (sometimes) agony.....................................................................................

What word do you think best descibes that which created our universe?

What word do you think best descibes that which created our universe?

Enigma

Universe

It.

huh?

Muahaha!

Big Dawg.

Life.

I don't

Universe

Ditto that - I am inclined to think the Universe is the womb of all things and life - including any gods that might be.

A phenomenon with sufficient intelligence and power to create a universe.