Goodbye Jesus

Baptism In The School Yard

snookums

Check this out...baptizehaley5_3.jpg

Are the baptists - & evangelicals getting so desperate to set up a make shift pool in the middle of a play ground of a school?

How is that possible...do the schools allow this - who is protecting the children? Does this guy get permission from the parents to 'fully immerse'...

jeesusholycrap!

Btw..while this guy isn't dunking school kids, he's online blogging his wittle heart out ...'fishing for christ'...http://markdroberts.typepad.com/markdroberts/

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Every kid would rather be frolicking in a pool than listening to Ms. Crabtree whine about hygeine. Religion is a great excuse for the streetwise kid to skip class. Don't take that away from our youngsters..

Every kid would rather be frolicking in a pool than listening to Ms. Crabtree whine about hygeine. Religion is a great excuse for the streetwise kid to skip class. Don't take that away from our youngsters..

:lmao:

Okay...I can now log off and be calm...knowing all is well within the world today.

:lmao: I enjoyed that!

Ahppy Independence day!

Are the baptists - & evangelicals getting so desperate to set up a make shift pool in the middle of a play ground of a school?

How is that possible...do the schools allow this - who is protecting the children? Does this guy get permission from the parents to 'fully immerse'...

jeesusholycrap!

Btw..while this guy isn't dunking school kids, he's online blogging his wittle heart out ...'fishing for christ'...http://markdroberts.typepad.com/markdroberts/

JEEEEEEEZus fucking christ! Cum and save me from these fuckin fundie assholes!

And he's a Presbyterian, too! I thought they were more reasonable than some others.... craziness.

And he's a Presbyterian, too! I thought they were more reasonable than some others.... craziness.

I actually find Presbyterians to tend to the nuttier side. But then people say that Lutherans are "moderate" and I know from experience.....they ain't!

To me, a "moderate" Christian church is like the church of England.

Nah, my grandmother is a fundy Presbyterian, and I rank them as marginally loonier than some other denoms.

:lmao: This baptism didn't take. The guy's knees aren't under. As any good CoC Christian would know, baptism is by immersion. Dipping a couple of body parts isn't good enough for God who is a stickler for the details.

This poor s.o.b. is going to hell, and doesn't even know it. :lmao:

:lmao: This baptism didn't take. The guy's knees aren't under. As any good CoC Christian would know, baptism is by immersion. Dipping a couple of body parts isn't good enough for God who is a stickler for the details.

Well spotted!....the girls knees and elbows will "fall into darkness and perish forever." "everlasting elbow and knee torment'....... :HaHa:

I didn't notice the pestor is a Presbyterian - Pandora - The Sage

so I had to take a further peek into the man's blog..

Your're right on the nut...Kurari - but he recon's they are just 'confused'..

this guy is proudly going 'forth'...to make sure nobody is confused again... :lmao: .

-

quotes...mark

I've found that the "Presbyterian" label is sometimes more of a minus than a plus for outreach. People "out there" tend to think of the Presbyterian church as confused, liberal, and dying, largely because we make headlines that confirm these perceptions. Why would anybody want to come to Irvine Presbyterian Church if it's confused, liberal, and dying? So I find myself in the position of having to explain that thought we might be confused sometimes, we aren't liberal and we're in fact growing..... we do not approve of gay ordination, some of these folks have been willing to give us a try.

confusing...are people so proud to be a fundy! ?

Well spotted!....the girls knees and elbows will "fall into darkness and perish forever." "everlasting elbow and knee torment'....... :HaHa:

Yeah, well, her backside will be right up there with the saints, so she can join in their derision of us sinners by mooning us from her perch in heaven. For we all know that one of the greatest joys promised to fundies is that in the afterlife they get to look down on hell and mock the sinners' cries of torment. Now, that's entertainment!

It depends on which flavor of Presbyterian you get. PC(USA) are fairly liberal. PCA are very conservative, as are Associate Reformed (ARP). The "Free Presbyterians" are the real loonies.

Isn't it odd that those churches with "free" in the name are often just the opposite? I think of "Freewill Baptists" as a classic oxymoron.

According to the blog where you got that picture, this is just a plain-old baptism. It doesn't say where it occurs, but seems to indicate it was after a church service.....not at a school playground.....

I remember when I was little kids in school use to get "saved" solely for the Baptism...They just want to play in the water and say they got dunked.

Trashy..He is the pastor of a chruch... unless he's a complete exhibitionist and is going about performing a baptism in the parking lot. - out on the asphault (you can see that ...there are other's standing in the background - I'd say he's an exhibitionist - fer sure)

What makes you think he is not setting up a make shift paddling pool in a school yard.?

http://www.markdroberts.com/htmfiles/dossier1.htm

with a large staff....

Irvine Presbyterian Church

4445 Alton Parkway

Irvine, CA 92604

Voice (949) 786-9627

Fax (949) 786-4312

Worship Services

Saturday 5:30 pm

(Fellowship Hall)

Sunday 8:30 & 10:00 am

(Sanctuary)

Veritas

Sunday 11:30 am

(Fellowship Hall)

Rev. Dr. Mark Roberts,

Senior Pastor

Mark's Websites: www.markdroberts.com www.thedailypsalm.com

(he's is also a part time teacher)

Oh...yeah...I've read recently that Mormon missionaries are going around the world - playing with kids....(sarcasm) by 'inviting them to play in the pool'...

It depends on which flavor of Presbyterian you get. PC(USA) are fairly liberal. PCA are very conservative, as are Associate Reformed (ARP). The "Free Presbyterians" are the real loonies.

Isn't it odd that those churches with "free" in the name are often just the opposite? I think of "Freewill Baptists" as a classic oxymoron.

Yes..

Weird..how religous denominations do that....all that 'splitting' - political rangling.. Doesn't it give the 'liberals' a way out..so they can feel like 'saints' and blame all the bad shit on there poor unfortunates .....I don't know what to call them?....Fellow Presbyterian's!

No one gets to take responsibilty for anything.

Clean hands = liberal label

and all is well with the world

and the individual who happens to be tied into that game.