Goodbye Jesus

To Debate Or Not To Debate

benjaburns

I personally think that debating creationists is generally a waste of time. Most are too dogmatic and stubborn to listen to the evolution supporter's side and debates just give creationists the "oxygen of respectability" that they want, as Richard Dawkins once said. However, if no one debates creationists then there's fewer people to demonstrate how creationism is wrong. How do we solve this problem?

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Depends on the forum. Debating creationisits around here is a waste of time. But the next time you're at a party and some creationist wants to spout off, there's no better time to let the truth fly. Picking your battles is of the essence.

Debating anyone who has stubborn viewpoints is tedious work at best, and maddening at worst. Even if the one you debate with doesn't budge an inch, rest assured that there can be many others who are influenced by what they see. The internet is weird like that :)

Guest Cırce

Debating anyone who has stubborn viewpoints is tedious work at best, and maddening at worst. Even if the one you debate with doesn't budge an inch, rest assured that there can be many others who are influenced by what they see. The internet is weird like that :)

My thoughts exactly.

I've just signed up after lurking around here and the main site for a while. Reading through debates helped to strengthen my viewpoint and present the apologetic tactics used. I haven't read any of the CS vs. Brains debates on here yet but no doubt many people benefit from them so it definitely isn't a waste of your time.