Goodbye Jesus

St Jude's Children's Hospital

xrayman7040

There is nothing more heartbreaking than watching that hour St. Jude fundraiser program hosted by Marlo Thomas. Kid's with cancer are earth's greatest tragedy. I was watching this story of a baby with a terminal brain tumor. It was just beyond heartbreaking. The thing that struk me as totally absurd was the fact that the father of this child was giving such great thanks to God. What the fuck !!!!!!!!!!!! A child was literaly tortured by a brain tumor and died before age two, and the father is giving thanks to God.

How do people get in these mindsets? Can anyone explain? The whole reason we need a place like St. Judes is proof beyond a resonable doubt that there is not a God, or at least one who gives a shit.

St. Jude's is the best mortal man can do for kids with cancer and it's a wonderful place. Each year they learn a bit more, and the suvival rate increases little by little. There is no hand of God working with the doctors I am sorry to say, just the minds of brilliant men and women.

If this God is what people say he is, he would do a fly by and cure every kid with cancer tomorrow. wouldn't you think?

If this God is what people say he is, he would do a fly by and cure every kid with cancer tomorrow. wouldn't you think?

Absolutely. It would be contrary to the character of an all-powerful and all-good god to do otherwise.

St. Jude's is indeed a wonderful institution, even proof that Xianity can spawn something actually useful and good for the world, but the funny thing is the institution is nobler than the god most of its staff and patients believe in...

There is nothing more heartbreaking than watching that hour St. Jude fundraiser program hosted by Marlo Thomas. Kid's with cancer are earth's greatest tragedy. I was watching this story of a baby with a terminal brain tumor. It was just beyond heartbreaking. The thing that struk me as totally absurd was the fact that the father of this child was giving such great thanks to God. What the fuck !!!!!!!!!!!! A child was literaly tortured by a brain tumor and died before age two, and the father is giving thanks to God.

How do people get in these mindsets? Can anyone explain? The whole reason we need a place like St. Judes is proof beyond a resonable doubt that there is not a God, or at least one who gives a shit.

St. Jude's is the best mortal man can do for kids with cancer and it's a wonderful place. Each year they learn a bit more, and the suvival rate increases little by little. There is no hand of God working with the doctors I am sorry to say, just the minds of brilliant men and women.

Yes, I would think so.

But with the parent and his mindset...I'm guessing he was giving thanks to Jehovah for what little time he got with his child. Cancer is such a cold, vicious, and non-sensical killer. I'm guessing giving thanks is the only way he could solidify and justify the short amount of time he got with his baby because to think otherwise would make him want to tear his heart out of his chest from grief. It's easier to believe in a god's hand in something like this than to just believe you got the shitty luck of the draw and there is nothing you can do about it.

Let people thank whom they wish. It's really none of your business if it's not hurting you.

This guy had a very short time to live with his own child and has to deal with the grieving process and this is his way of doing so. Who are any of us to step in and say, "Well guess what, you SHOULDN'T be thankful for the time you spent together, you should be PISSED!" Is that really the kind of world we want to create?

He's not thanking anyone for killing his daughter. If he was obviously I would have a problem with it. All he has now are the memories and at least he can be happy with them. It would be wrong for us to say, "No, you shouldn't be glad that you got to spend at least some time together, you should be angry that you didn't get more."

I think you missed my point completely. I think it was wonderful that this father was able to appreciate the little time he had with his son, but to give thanks to God was so ironic, a God who is supposed to be so mighty and powerful, who has performed miracles in the past. I would be a little pissed if I belived in this God.

I guess I am very jealous of the way a religious person is able to make the best of a tragic situation by trusting in God, or believing it is God's will that a terrible disease has happened to a child. I know a very dear Christian woman who lost a 15 year old son in a tragic accident, and she totally is totally at peace because of her fatih. Oh how I wish I could buy into that mindset, but unfortunately I know the real truth.