Goodbye Jesus

Why Are Christians Able To Get Away With This Treasonous Bs

Alexandrian

Today I was out grabbing lunch and I happened upon a man who was wearing a shirt that parodied our nation's founding document with "Declaration of Dependence" The shirt then had right under that statement an American Flag, except with the Stars in the blue part of the flag taken off of it and desecrated with an ugly yellow cross put there in it's place.

Now, can you imagine the outrage if a Moslem were to a piece of clothing that had the stars taken off of the flag and a Moslem crescent put on top of it? They same type of people who would wear that shirt would be outrage and saying the Muslims wanted to take over our country.

Of course, they'd be right to be offended. Our nation was founded on the liberty of man rather then on a religious doctine as other states had. They chose to avoid putting any religious symbol on the flag at a time when it was very common to do so. For a religious group to put their symbol on top of the flag would be a claim of supremacy over us- which America was founded not to have.

Ah well, I guess it's good for people to be reminded of the religious right's contempt for American ideals and their desire for a theocracy...

I think I read this wrong, when I first read the description of the shirt, I thought it was being sarcastic. Maybe I've been on ExC too long.

I'll take your word for it. If it wasn't sarcastic, yeah, that is REALLY offensive. Our country is getting too stupid to survive anymore.

Yellow cross on a blue background? Sounds like a Swede to me. :)

Nationaldagen_flagga.jpg

Why can they get away with this... in a country where (so it seems to me!) it's perfectly normal to see the national flag next to the altar in the standard church? :scratch:

Yes I'm feeling cynical again. Or maybe it's just the Vodka. Anyway... :shrug:

No, I'm aftraid it's quite real. Its the flag of American Reconstructionism. I just hope the Shrub doesn't enable them to become powerful enough to start making big differences.

Let's just hope it's a very clever satire. It's sad how ignorant so many people are.

I somehow doubt it is satire, or at least that it is meant that way.

"Self Proclaimed Target"

That is all.. Return back to your normal programming..

kL