Goodbye Jesus

Witnessing

Guest barb

Wanted to share a funny story. My sister, a NBC (never been christian), was visited by sis #2's (a VERY fundamentalist crew) family for a birthday party. Unbeknownst to sister, sis #2's 15 yr old daughter preached to sister's 13 yr old granddaughter for an HOUR, about how the entire family was going to HELL. Sister found this out when, as Sis's family drove away, granddaughter said, "Ok grandma, want some news? You and grandpa are going to hell."

I said, you have GOT to call Sis #2, and tell her that's not acceptable. THE HUBRIS!!!

And then I talked to bro, who is also an exchristian, and he said, "if the daughter had approached my boys, I would have called sis #2 and said, "hey, I want your permission to show your boys my back issues of Playboy." And, as he says, he has given her the opportunity to refuse sharing his values.... as, goddamit, we should all expect. Incredible, appaling, my sis #2 is in glee because of her daughter's efforts, when it's been completely adverse to their cause. Aaaaaaagh.

Shortly after I became a very enlightened atheist, a Jahovas Witness knocked at my door. Back in the gold old days I would have either slammed the door in his face, or politely declined, depending on my mood.

I welcomed this guy into my home and told him flat out that I was a hard core atheist but I was more than willing to listen to what he had to say. This old guy just laughed. He didn't even try to sell me his stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows if these folks are taught not to debate, because I was ready for some serious discussion and debate, and her gave me none.