Goodbye Jesus

God Does Not Love

Vigile

Since no one is answering the Specious Love of God thread, here's a simple question, which should garner a simple answer:

When I'm in hell, will god remember me?

Here's some problems:

1. God is without limits, if he limits himself so that he no longer remembers me then he contradicts his own limitless attribute.

2. If god remembers me, then he does not truly love me, nor did he ever truly love me. If my loved one was in a constant state of suffering I would suffer right along with them. Is my love greater than god's?

3. If god does not remember me (see #1) then god truly never loved me. He made a conscious decision to block me from his memory so that he would not suffer along side me. This is selfish and love is not selfish (see your own book for reference).

So, what say you Christians?

Who are you to question the almighty? One should not ask such questions. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Who are you to question the almighty? One should not ask such questions. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Who am I? Who am I?!

Why I'm Just a gigolo and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing...

Who am I? Who am I?!

Why I'm Just a gigolo and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing...

Oh....sorry. I had no idea. By all means, ask away. :grin:

2. If god remembers me, then he does not truly love me, nor did he ever truly love me. If my loved one was in a constant state of suffering I would suffer right along with them. Is my love greater than god's?

I'd add-on saying that if God does indeed suffer with all the souls in hell, then he's one hell of a sado-masochistic entity.

I would contend your second and third points. Love can easily be defined as selfish under certain circumstances. If not, the term 'unconditional love' would be redundant. The depth thereof would certainly be questionable, and it would constitute a contradiction if it were to be considered perfect, as do christians, and apparently the bible itself.

Your questions don't really give any more room to widdle than Grinch's. :shrug:

I doubt that you'll get any response to this one either. :Hmm: