Goodbye Jesus

[ot Maybe] Spam On Usenet

Thurisaz

Heya,

maybe it's just me... but I just have to wonder...

I currently read exactly five newsgroups out of the whole of usenet. Three of them are more or less connected with US christianity. The fourth is about the christian faith in Germany, the fifth is about the noble game of Go.

For whatever reason, whenever I encounter usenet spam of the "get rich quick" kind et al, it's always in the US christian groups. I never, literally never, find it in the other two groups.

Now, let's assume for a moment that the spammers are arseholes, but not stupid. Why would they spam US christian groups predominantly? Because they think (or know...) that US christians are more gullible than anyone else, or... why?

Inquiring minds want to know... :fdevil:

Sounds like a good reason to me... I get all sorts of "Christian debt help" in my spam, along with "Christian timeshares" and "Christian estate planning" etc... etc.... etc...

If I were a spammer, I'd target US Christians, too. Especially Protestants, because they seem to be more gullible IMO.

If I were a spammer, I'd target US Christians, too. Especially Protestants, because they seem to be more gullible IMO.

"God told me to spam you, brother/sister". The fundy recipient would probably believe it, too!

Yeah, I get a lot of Xian spam now and then. I've gotten plenty of the "Get out of debt the Xian way" emails and whatnot. As if there's somehow a system of finances explicitly stated in Scripchah™ beyond the "give 10% to the Lard or else he'll smite you or something" bull.

What does a cult that glorifies death and suffering and the passing away of the beautiful natural world and the eternal torment of sinners have to do with one's finances? And there are people who buy into this bunk. Don't people study up on anything before they dive into it?