Goodbye Jesus

My Trip To Ocean City

SilentLoner

I just got back from Ocean City, MD. Went with the family for a short vacation.

Even tho I'm not really a beach person, it turned out really fun (aside from a nasty sunburn). Nice beach town, tons of shops along the boardwalk and good surf waves.

But to get to the point:

So I'm walking along the boardwalk with my mom and brother one afternoon, and guess what some people with clearly too much time on their hands had decided to do? Built four of those sand sculptures (four mounds of sand, with scenes sculpted on the front) right on the sand by the boardwalk, all biblical stuff.

First one: Scene with Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, and on top the words: WISE MEN STILL SEEK HIM

Second one: Crucified jesus, with the words: THANK YOU JESUS on the side

Third: A scene form Noah's ark.

Don't quite remeber the fourth, but JESUS SAVES was the message written (you guys get the idea).

What an eyesore. Not to mention the bible verse on signs in front of the sculptures.

So these kind of people can just come up and put this kind of stuff on a public beach? :ugh:

It's freedom of speech, but it's still annouying.

I agree. It is freedom of speech, and to ask them to remove it would only further their persecution complex. Better to leave well enough alone. But it is annoying.

I was actually at Ocean City MD a few weeks ago and I saw the exact same sand statues you did. They're there every year. It's a thing a local church group sponsors.

Well I guess I could appreciate the beauty of the art for sure. It could be a lot worse, because in my little town in Michigan there is this fundy asshole who stands on street corners with a big sign with a photo of an aborted fetus. He has been a menace in our town for many years. I only wish this guy would get into sand sculpting.

My wife and I did OC for Christmas one year. It was cool. Completely deserted. The hotel had an indoor pool and the view of the stormy sea from the balcony was very nice.

Wasn't Ocean City the home of Aquaman? When are they gonna get around to doing a movie about him?