Goodbye Jesus

Question For The Assembled:

nivek

Informal open ended format in this question.

Would prefer a short and concise and an answer as possible.

At hacinedaFatman, Deadly Force is authorized when needed under those circumstances which would need them. Trained to do so, know the legal reasonings, and carry the resposnibility for same.

Simply put, whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the residents of the house is trained for and expected.

Why I ask for this information will come as answers fill in some blanks from our users.

kL

Whatever works or is deemed necessary at the time, including all types of aforementioned Deadly Force. My loved ones are top priority and those who wish to harm them will be given no quarter and no chance.

I'd pursue appropriate legal action, if possible.

I'd empty the clip, if necessary.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

If someone was trying to kill someone I loved I would sink my fingernails into their throat, I would gouge out their eyes with my thumbs, I would place my hands inside their frothy mouth and tear off their jaw and if there was still some fight in them I would pummel their fucking melons with their own jawbone until they ceased to move.

Nobody fucks with my tribe. Nobody.

I would not kill, mame or inflict bodily harm on anyone.

To Protect is not an excuse in my book.

Ha!.....but don't the Pooolice and other authority figures in our fine society like to use that old horseshit to get out their Ak 52's or whatever the fuck they are called and execute anyone they judge as being a threat.

Often its guns against knives...

what if you are having a 'bad day'...and believe everyone is out to get you.....what then?

Law of the jungle...phew stinks.

this reminds me of what kinda shit can go down when self righteous 'men' get hold of weapons....& blow everyone to kingdom come.

is this a trick question? cos a lot of folks will sound like they complete nutter's - terrorists!

:HaHa:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Ha!.....but don't the Pooolice and other authority figures in our fine society like to use that old horseshit to get out their Ak 52's or whatever the fuck they are called and execute anyone they judge as being a threat.

what if you are having a 'bad day'...and believe everyone is out to get you.....what then?

this reminds me of what kinda shit can go down when self righteous 'men' get hold of weapons....& blow everyone to kingdom come.

is this a trick question? cos a lot of folks will sound like they complete nutter's - terrorists!

Huh? :shrug:

What's the problem? Did I read it wrong?

don't think I did.......

I don't think the PROTECTION of loved ones etc....is an excuse to Kill...or like I said harm in anyway.

Makes sense to me.....its pacifism. Or in other words I have limits to how far I would go...but at the same time I would question my 'right' to protect anyone. Often 'protection' can been viewed as control.

Question....can you always trust 100% the perception of Threat? (yours or other's)

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

No I would not kill anyone...no matter if I was authorised.

Would you not engage in an action that had the possible outcome of killing someone if the only other option was watching them harm, perhaps to the point of death, someone you loved (or anyone, for that matter)?

Curious.

New information...

no I didn't.......don't think PROTECTION of loved ones etc....is an excuse to Kill...or like I said harm in anyway.

Why not?

Makes sense to me.....

Question....can you always trust 100% the perception of Threat?

I abhor violence, but if someone were slapping you around I'd punch them in the face. Hating violence doesn't mean you are incapable of violence when it's appropriate.

you are going to have to be a bit patient with me...i have a very slow connection.

I've added more info byway of edit in my last post.

answer....I would question my 'right' to protect anyone. Often 'protection' can been viewed as control.

Often violence is not an answer. ie. if you expose kids to a retaliation like you suggest..then it only making the world a more violent place ...to witness violence is as bad as having it in your face.

Meh...I've had a gut full of it.

Its strikes me as the similar justification for all the bad shit going down .....guard and protect! phew....people get confused very fast about what they are really protecting.

Ie....the war on terror or the war for oil.

or being pissed off because someone's has trampled on your territory...girlfriend or household effects.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

you are going to have to be a bit patient with me...i have a very slow connection.

answer....I would question my 'right' to protect anyone. Often 'protection' can been viewed as control.

Often violence is not an answer. ie. if you expose kids to a retaliation like you suggest..then it only making it a more violent place ...

Not an answer.

Question..

Would you not engage in an action that had the possible outcome of killing someone if the only other option was watching them harm, perhaps to the point of death, someone you loved (or anyone, for that matter)?

Often violence is not an answer. ie. if you expose kids to a retaliation like you suggest..

Retaliation and defense are two different animals. I haven't suggested retaliation, but defensive action. Ruminate on the difference and get back to me.

Often violence is not an answer. ie. if you expose kids to a retaliation like you suggest..then it only making it a more violent place ...

Not an answer.

Question..

Often violence is not an answer. ie. if you expose kids to a retaliation like you suggest..

Retaliation and defense are two different animals. I haven't suggested retaliation, but defensive action. Ruminate on the difference and get back to me.

Demanding little bugger aren't you....

do I sense a little defensiveness or retaliation?

perhaps a bit of provocation

or attack.

My point exactly.....I see your last example as retaliation and not defense.

I refuse to play your game - your way.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Holy smokes, she pulled the old allakazam on me. I'm left to twirl in the fine dust of dismay.

Holy smokes, she pulled the old allakazam on me. I'm left to twirl in the fine dust of dismay.

:lmao:

the dust is mighter than the swoord...!

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

One "o", sweetheart,

e....the war on terror or the war for oil.

or being pissed off because someone's has trampled on your territory...girlfriend or household effects.

Holy shitnickel, did you just suggest that there is a connection between any goddamned word said on this board an the war on terror? Sleep it off, honey.

Kudos for consistency, snookums. I'm both impressed and baffled at the same time. I met a genuine pacifist once- AND he was also a christian, strangely enough... he was a real good guy, but tha drugs had taken their toll.

To answer the OP: whatever it takes, up to an including deadly force with whatever weapon or tool is at hand. And there's no such thing as fighting fair.

I've often waffled back and forth. I prefer to think of myself as a nonviolant person. I'm also self deluded on that point, because I know me and my reactions when shit goes down.

As when the three hundred pound drugdealer jerk went after my 17yo, 120 pound daughter with a crow bar..My reaction, upon hearing it, was to go after the sonofabitch immediately.

Police refused to do anything, because ddj was also a narc..he told them she had a gun in the mailbox..(this took place in the street, in front of the mailbox).

In the end..another wacko (truly mental dude) smashed every window of his jeeptype vehicle in the middle of the night. Which then led to three of four tires (at $175 each) of my husband's van being icepicked..

And on and on it went. Daughter's window was smashed while at school.

Husband got involved at that point. Told dude if one more act of destruction followed, his days were over, ended, finis...

As I said, police refused to assist or even make a report. Even when DH told them "I'm going to kill the bastard."

It ended..after DH told the jerk his days were numbered.

So, how far would I go?

Retaliation? In general, no. As its occurring? You betcha. As far as needed to stop the motherfucker messing with mine.

I don't know.

I am not going to even pretend that I would transform into some army comando out for blood against someone...

The only time I KNOW I would have the capacity to kill someone is if they were going to kill me first...Then I would have no choice.

And what if you go after revenge and get killed in the process....Now that would be fucked up. You would both be dead.

I know I would be pissed off, and I would definitely raise a stink with the law and go through the court systems and etc...As much as I love some of my family, in the end would it be worth it?

I don't know.

don't think I did.......

I don't think the PROTECTION of loved ones etc....is an excuse to Kill...or like I said harm in anyway.

Makes sense to me.....its pacifism. Or in other words I have limits to how far I would go...but at the same time I would question my 'right' to protect anyone. Often 'protection' can been viewed as control.

Question....can you always trust 100% the perception of Threat? (yours or other's)

Let me give this a try, snookums... since some folks can't ask a question without flaming.

Let's say that someone you love is in danger- your kid, parent, s.o., whomever. Let's say that a feller is trying to cut their throat for whatever reason... and there's a good chance that your loved one will be dead in a very few minutes- long before any police can or will show. Let's further say that you have a gun laying in front of you. Are you telling me that you wouldn't shoot that knife-wielder? You'd let your loved one die? WHY???

I'm not saying I'm a steven-segal-style badass... but I'd sure as hell do what I could to put a stop to it. Killing the guy would be a good solution.

Anybody so much as looks at my mother or dogs the wrong way, I will maim them on the spot.

My brother, depends. We were real close as kids but now he's just determined to live as a selfish however polite brat. I guess in certain instances I'd save him and in others I wouldn't.

Raise a hand to my father and I'll laugh at him while you beat the shit out. But then again my father isn't a "LOVED one".......

Oh I think I misunderstood the question. Now, if someone were trying to kill my mother in front of me oh hell yes I would fight them...I would get the butcher knife and stab them a whole bunch of times...Screw that turn the other cheek shit.

I would have to duel.

After talking to nevik several months ago, via email, I have just purchased my second handgun. (I haven't owned one for more than 20 years) I have applied for my concealed weapons permit. Hope to get it soon.

I am not a vengeful person. I used to be, but the testosterone has diminished over the past few years (thank you Jesus). I no longer stick my middle finger up at people in traffic. I don't want to hurt anyone. But I have just decided that I will do my best to protect myself and mine. A loaded gun is always by my bed and as soon as I am legal, one will be on my person when I leave home.

I don't like feeling like I have to live that way, but I guess it is just the smart thing to do.

I am willing to use deadly force if I had no other option. But I think part of me would die along with having to do it.

I honestly don't like to think about what I'd do if someone was attacking a loved one. I'd probably go all sick-house, and end up stabbing them repeatedly with a screwdriver or something. :twitch:

whatever it takes bro, I'd do anything for my family and anyone else that I loved. My parents put me in Karate for some time, until I quit, and I'm pretty strong for a girl although of course not stronger than a guy, but you do what you can with what you do have. Plus my parents have encouraged me to do whatever is necessary to protect oneself. Yeah my mom even said to go as far as impaling someone in the eyes if it was necessary.