Goodbye Jesus

Question For The Assembled:

nivek

I immediately thought of my twin when I read the question. Nothing pisses me off more in this world than the instances where I felt my sister was being fucked with. If I find myself in dangerous situations - I tend to freeze. But even the slightest sense that someone's giving her trouble, I'm trembling with rage. It's in me, but I can't honestly say what I'd do. So many different ways things pan out.

I will do whatever is necessary to protect my pets, my mother and my brother. I will not do the same for my father, however, because he has threatened to kill me in the past - he no longer has my respect.

There is a drawerful of soup pots and frypans in my kitchen, along with quite a few sharp knives, and quite a lot of caustic cleaning products. I can easily wield all of them. Do the math.

I would not think twice about using deadly force to protect myself or family against someone in a life threatening circumstance.

I'm pretty strong for a girl although of course not stronger than a guy

I don't know, you could probably kick my butt. I'm a pretty big wuss. :shrug:

:lmao:Set out the cheese and wait for the meeces...

My ideal strategy is one of prevention; to do everything I can to make sure such a situation never develops in the first place. If/when that isn't feasible, however, I like to believe I would do whatever I deemed the situation warranted as necessary.

Beyond that, I really can't say. I've never been in such a situation and thus have no idea how I might react to it.

Honestly, if I were walking down the street and saw a complete stranger kicking some dude's ass, I'd probably try to break it up. And I'm a girl. I'd probably get my ass kicked. But my compassion doesn't just extend to my loved ones. I am a firm believer in "PLAY NICE!" and damn you, if you won't, then I won't.

Heh, I'm a Libertarian. You do the math. Although, living where I do, I will probably have to do without bullets. That's alright. I'm probably more comfortable wielding a blade (not that I've ever actually used one to hurt before, but I am even less familiar with guns).

I'm also a big believer in ounces of prevention-- that means, I'd rather avoid the conflict in the first place. The front door is festooned with things that make it almost impossible to break into. We have motion lights. And don't get me started on the extensive magickal protections around here...

Anyone even looks at my mother wrong, or so much as lays a malicious hand on one of her or the boys' animals, and they're going to lose more than just an eye - much more. I can say that much.

That's assuming, of course, that 5-foot-eleven-inches of fury doesn't reduce them to a pile of ashes, first... or that her big, stupid gelding doesn't stomp them to a pulp, himself. I swear, that horse is a better guard dog than, well... a guard dog...

Brothers? They can handle themselves. But if they need help, I'll be there for them - even if "being there" means spilling blood.

Dad? HAH! I can't stand that stinking, condescending, arrogant, sexist pig's-ass. I've been tempted to cut his brakes myself. If he gets into trouble, he's on his fucking OWN.

And if you're going to threaten me or my friends, you'd better be prepared for a three-way beatdown, because one (or two) psychos with knives are no match for three people armed with long-reaching blunt metal objects, two pellet guns (those little fucking things HURT), and a canesword.

Ooooh. A life threat to my loved ones....... I will happily use whatever means necessary. They won't have a nice day.

They won't have a next day either.

In the world-at-large I will go far, far out of my way to avoid finding myself in a dangerous situation. I do this because the best way to win a fight is to avoid it.

How... ever...

... One billionth of a micron inside the doors of Astrejurhof, all hostile parties come subject to the Law of Retreat. I don't care who's intruding, or why... I will use lethal force to stop them. If they're in my personal space, posing even a slight threat to me and my family, I'll cheerfully take my chances with the jury.

Ooooh. A life threat to my loved ones....... I will happily use whatever means necessary. They won't have a nice day.

They won't have a next day either.

That's pretty much the way I see it.

You fuck with my kid, my husband, my mother, my brother, or my dad? You won't live to talk about it. Hell, you won't live long enough to tell anyone else who to avoid.

Of course, my thought, post-beat-down, is to place the offender's head on a pike, right outside my gate, as a warning to anyone else who might even THINK of fucking with me or mine.

I don't own a gun, but I've been thinking about getting one. Or maybe a shotgun. Just for protection. Could be useful when the girls gets old enough to start dating.

If someone would threaten my family, I might very well go into a wild rage and kill them with whatever I have available. A pencil will do, or a golfclub.

Maybe that's why I shouldn't get that gun?

My daughter is my number one prriority, far above anyone else in my life, and I've found that there are more ways than one to "protect" her. When her father started playing silly-buggers with her I had to put myself in some really uncomfortable situations, to make things pleasant for her AND to conform to the Court's expectations but in the end it paid dividends because I now have sole custody of her, her egotistical father is out of the picture and she has grown to be the most fabulous individual it's been my pleasure to meet.

However, if someone put her in danger, I have no doubt that my instinct would take over and that person would be history; if not then severely maimed. Maybe violence isn't the answer but I somehow don't think my mind would be mulling over the benefits of pacifism if my daughter's wellbeing were threatened.

I will protect my loved ones by any means necessary. Deadly force is definately on the menu. While I may not be able to protect the ones I love and care about at all times, I will do what I can and bring what resources to bear.

I am willing to die for those I love, but more importantly, I am willing to live for them as well.