Goodbye Jesus

Oneness

scitsofreaky

GGGAGAARRRRRARARARARRAAGHAHGAGAHHHARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

I want to castrate myself.

:Hmm:

OK .... would you care to explain ... in English please ....????

Just wondering - what you mean????? :shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... I can't believe I missed this thread!

I hope there is still more interest here! :ohmy:

It has all been so interesting, this concept of oneness! All of you have posted some amazing things!

I would like to contribute another obvious perspective, and other theories of some of the mental disorders mentioned here.

Just the study of life shows we are all at one. The whole ecosystem shows the earth is not full of organisms but organs that make up the organism earth, IMO. The earth seems like a body on a much grander scale. The body has different 'aspects' that acknowledge and respect its individual boundaries and duties... yet, all parts are dependent and interrelated some way, and there is one pervasive consciousness. I think this is how the earth is also.

As far as schitzophrenia, that seems to be a break with reality... yet may be because of a denial of self. They have audio and visual hallucinations and delusions. This condition hears voices from outside their head that is speaking to them, telling them messages or to do something. These people can be the true psychopaths and can use the argument of mentally insane in a court of law. It is like the Son of Sam said the dog next door was telling him to do all those murders. They can not distinguish reality and do not know what they are doing is wrong. The two schitsophrenics I've encountered had sexual abuse at a very young age and were told by adults that it was not true and they were making it up, or discounted it! Wow... think of the implications of that!

The sociopath has the ability to 'know' what is wrong, however seems to lack a conscience. I think this is formed because they had a critical time in their life where they were abused. They are often taught that the only one that cares about themself is themself. Further, to cope with the abuse, they disociate from it and pretend it didn't happen. They don't allow them self to feel the pain, they become numb. If they classically condition them self where they can't feel their own pain, how can they have empathy for others? Also they have an inner sense of justice, and if society hasn't been fair to them... why should they be fair to society. Hence, people like Charles Manson.

My experience with multiple personalities is interesting too. I once met someone that was once charted as having over 200 personalities! Rather than feel any pain, even stub their toe, they subconsciously learn to create an alter to embody the pain for them, or to create an alter so they can cope with their pervasive isolation. What is very interesting about MPD, is that they create this highly detailed and consistent world inside their head. These alters are continually having a dialogue in their head, even while the 'host' is the one 'out' in the world. Another incredible aspect to this condition is that an alter can even be an animal, such as a dog, or even a tree!

The seminary I attended tried to reach out to financially desperate people that knew they had a problem and could not gain access to help. We tried to find resources for them, or just do the best we could. However, many of these kind of conditions need a professional team and facility to deal with such complicated dynamics. It was often very sad for us to see these things, then sometimes we were able to accomplish attaining a very effective resource for them and were able to see them get better.