"god's Will" For A Wife

Madie

Okay I just had to post this one...It's just ooozing with hypocrisy:

I know this youth director in the youth group i use to attend. I've recently found out that this loser is dating. He's dating a former youth of his who just turned 21 (so it's okay)--SICK. He claims it's God's will for them. Little does he know that it was pretty obvious the SICKO had a fling going on with the broad back when she was still in the youth group. I feel sorry for the broad. She doesn't know he has brainwashed her during her most emotionally sensative years. She gave up her college dreams to be with this SICKO.

It's hard to take you seriously when you call this girl, who you claim to feel sorry for, a "broad".

That'd be a good way to get yourself slapped IRL, you know. It's a rather disrespectful (not to mention stupid and outdated) thing to say.

And I'm really not seeing the "hypocrisy", either. Or, really, how it was "sick" for him to be dating her before she was 21 *GASP!* unless he's old enough to be her father. Even then, she would have been "old enough" to be in a sexual relationship with him when she turned eighteen (last I checked, there aren't any laws against dating before you hit the age of consent, which varies from state to state. It only applies in a situation involving sexual activity, which you never mentioned happening)

If you ask me, it just sounds like you're jealous that he's dating her, and not you, what with you calling her a "broad" (who uses that term anymore, anyway? Jesus Christ, that went out of style in the 50s...) and your repeated - and capitalized - use of the word "sicko", etc...

We've had many stories told here about getting married because it was The Will Of God™.

Not too many of them were happy stories. :Hmm:

Don't mind Lady Feline. She's just another broad after all. :mellow:

*runs away*

:HaHa:

Okay I just had to post this one...It's just ooozing with hypocrisy:

I know this youth director in the youth group i use to attend. I've recently found out that this loser is dating. He's dating a former youth of his who just turned 21 (so it's okay)--SICK. He claims it's God's will for them. Little does he know that it was pretty obvious the SICKO had a fling going on with the broad back when she was still in the youth group. I feel sorry for the broad. She doesn't know he has brainwashed her during her most emotionally sensative years. She gave up her college dreams to be with this SICKO.

OK, I'll ask - how much is the age gap?

I will say this. No one should have to give up college if they previously wanted to go to college, for a wedding ring. A real man will wait. My husband and I started dating when I was in the senior year of my undergraduate study, and he waited through my grad school education to marry me. A bonus, by the time we got around to tying the knot, we knew each other fairly well.

I will say this. No one should have to give up college if they previously wanted to go to college, for a wedding ring. A real man will wait. My husband and I started dating when I was in the senior year of my undergraduate study, and he waited through my grad school education to marry me. A bonus, by the time we got around to tying the knot, we knew each other fairly well.

Far too many people jump into marriage sooner than they should. Good on them for waiting.

Let's just say he's old enough for it to look really bad. Which brings me to my next point--why would I be jelous of that?

I say this to say that as a youth director he preached that you ought not to date till you're in college. And when you do, you ought to be accountable to a spiritual leader...blah blah blah...i'm sure you all know the lingo. In any case--i don't see him practicing what he's preaching--HYPOCRICY!!

I had it. Religion has such a bind on your life and I can't live by all the legalism anymore.

sometimes i feel stupified by girls who do things like that or my mormon friend who got married at 19. But you just have to remember that they are adults and can do what they please. and suffer the consequences that could happen.

Let's just say he's old enough for it to look really bad.

And how old is that? You say she's 21 now, right? So how old is he? 29? 30? 40? Older?

In any case, what makes you think it's any of your business? No laws are being broken, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't forced into the relationship, or is being forced to stay in the relationship. It's obvious that she wants to be in it if she's carried it on this long and made sacrifices for it, so I can't see any reason at all to get so pissed off over it.

Which brings me to my next point--why would I be jelous of that?

Well, considering the fact that I've only seen your behaviour in religious zealots and jealous ex- or would-be girlfriends...

I had it. Religion has such a bind on your life and I can't live by all the legalism anymore.

So... you left the religion because a girl you knew was dating her youth group leader? Seems awfully shallow to me, and I'm an ex-Christian myself...

Lady Feline. I respect you. You are honest. But if you read my most entitled "I'm not sure what to title this..." you'll see a glimpse of what i see and why i want to leave. it's not all just this silly topic.

Let's just say he's old enough for it to look really bad. Which brings me to my next point--why would I be jelous of that?

I say this to say that as a youth director he preached that you ought not to date till you're in college. And when you do, you ought to be accountable to a spiritual leader...blah blah blah...i'm sure you all know the lingo. In any case--i don't see him practicing what he's preaching--HYPOCRICY!!

Hypocrisy, yes, you're right on with that.

As to his age being too big a gap, that's subjective and if you're not going to give us ages, then I certainly won't say an opinion on whether it seems inappropriate or not.

Personally, if the people are truly in love & good for each other, I don't care if they're 65 & 25.

This girl was in the youth group.

The man was a leader of that youth group.

I don't give a damn about age differences in this case. It just serves to make an ethical violation more titillating to the public in general.

What ethical violation?

The same one I see when the CEO of a company hits on a receptionist who works for the same company.

Can she safely turn him down if she's not interested, or would it hurt her job? :scratch:

I see this the same way.

If she had wanted to, could this girl have turned the guy down without becoming a pariah? Possibly losing the support of her friends who would blame her for his being attracted to her in the first place? Or how about just the pure uneasiness of trying to enjoy time with friends in the company of a man she'd turned down, and now the emotional embargo that could now interfere with her forming a relationship with one of her own peers because she doesn't want to hurt the leader further?

If you seek a relationship with someone who is not your equal you are taking advantage of them emotionally, intellectually, financially, or sexually....if not in all four ways at the same time.

[

If you seek a relationship with someone who is not your equal you are taking advantage of them emotionally, intellectually, financially, or sexually....if not in all four ways at the same time.

I couldn't have said it better myself. She's bait for his idea of a "perfect wife" which equals a submissive puppet that beckons to his every call--afterall---he's the head... scary. He couldn't seek someone his age because they can think for themselves....and besides he's already been brainwashing her with his ideals at her most emotionally tender years. how sad.