Goodbye Jesus

A Special Thanks, And Hello Again

wideawake42

I have only recently been posting on these forums, and I never properly introduced myself.

Those of you who have been around long enough to remember, I am the Emily who posted this plea for help nearly three years ago.

Your responses encouraged me and helped me immeasurably. I want to thank you all, and let you know that I have since found peace with my agnosticism/atheism, and have developed my very own philosophy which allows me to be ME.

(I also am now not only an "Emilyist" but also a happy Discordian - for those of you out there who may have also discovered Discordianism: Hail Eris!)

Thanks again, and I look forward to many more discussions!

Hi, I'm new here myself.

I'm glad you found happiness in finding a faith system.. I know nothing of Discordianism, but if it's a philosophy of life that makes sense to you and helps you with your depression or whatever it may be, then that's excellent. I looked it up on wikopedia, and it seems very elaborate and complicated, almost like someone was trying to invent a world so they could write a novel or something. It seems like a Dungeons and Dragons type thing at first glance with certain people that have certain powers.

Perhaps I can ask a related question. Why do you want to find a belief system?

Hi, I'm new here myself.

I'm glad you found happiness in finding a faith system.. I know nothing of Discordianism, but if it's a philosophy of life that makes sense to you and helps you with your depression or whatever it may be, then that's excellent. I looked it up on wikopedia, and it seems very elaborate and complicated, almost like someone was trying to invent a world so they could write a novel or something. It seems like a Dungeons and Dragons type thing at first glance with certain people that have certain powers.

Perhaps I can ask a related question. Why do you want to find a belief system?

Actually, Discordianism isn't really a belief system. It's commonly referred to as "a joke disguised as a religion disguised as a joke". It's a big elaborate hoax, a play on the ridiculousness of actual religion, yet it has its own strange truth.

One of the most common Discordian quotes is:

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted." - Hassan i Sabbah

I have only recently been posting on these forums, and I never properly introduced myself.

Those of you who have been around long enough to remember, I am the Emily who posted this plea for help nearly three years ago.

Your responses encouraged me and helped me immeasurably. I want to thank you all, and let you know that I have since found peace with my agnosticism/atheism, and have developed my very own philosophy which allows me to be ME.

(I also am now not only an "Emilyist" but also a happy Discordian - for those of you out there who may have also discovered Discordianism: Hail Eris!)

Thanks again, and I look forward to many more discussions!

welcom back. hope everything is going well in your life. yeah i found the discordian thing a little out there, but most of the people on here will say the bible is out there too.

That's sort of the point. Discordianism is "out there" BECAUSE the things other people believe are "out there" too. Once again, it isn't a real religion....only a sort of mock-philosophy.

For example...take the Law of Fives...a Discordian concept that says all things are related to, divisible by, add up to, or are somehow porportionate to the number 5. I can apply this to lots of things...my birthday is January 23rd, 2+3=5...9/11, 9+11=20, which is divisible by 5...etc., but the POINT is that if you LOOK for something to be there, you'll find it. There isn't really a "law of fives" governing all things...people ascribe all sorts of meaning to situations that don't really have any whatsoever.