Goodbye Jesus

The Matrix Is A System

Guest earl1940

Guest earl1940

Hello from Amsterdam. I saw the "signature" or tag line of Dra_Mucd_Uha in his/her post to Angel, the woman with a difficult pregnancy and situation. I hope this is the appropriate forum and beginning a new thread is also appropriate. And then, what I talk about here is mostly political, but for me, has enormous religious ramifications. I was going to reply in a PM to Dra_Mucd_Uha, but decided to post it instead. Hope this is also appropriate.

I'm a new member here at xtian net, but online in politics and blogging for some years now. Regarding your "signature" or tag line: "The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. Many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependant on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

-Morpheus, The Matrix

I have no idea if you have read Richard K. Moore, but he wrote an essay "Escaping the Matrix" on the politics of the Matrix several years ago and recently wrote a book incorporating an expanded version of that. But in his essay, he talks of the Matrix, what it is and how it is used politically. I cannot recommend this essay strongly enough, for it also has a great deal to do with religion and the uses of it by the controlling elite through out history, even though Moore doesn't talk about religion in this essay.

http://quaylargo.com/rkm/WE/jun00Matrix.shtml

For now, I'm keeping a low profile here at xtian.net, but perhaps will post my story as well, if I can write it; it's complex and long. I'm 65 years old, been raised in strict Calvinism, and began my journey of weening away only a few years ago. It has been, and remains, an arduous and lonely task, with much flak from my fundamentalistic American family, who don't know really what I feel or believe. I moved to Amsterdam 17 years ago, and only the last few years have pulled away from the religion, and am still doing so, with many mixed feelings. I've been though a difficult divorce from a marriage of 21 years, but this is even more difficult.

But this essay "Escaping the Matrix" has been a big help to me, and I see how it works in politics. And politics uses religion as one major tool of the Matrix.

Perhaps it could be recommended reading for people here on xtian.net as well, but a new member is perhaps a bit too forward in recommending something like that so soon.

Greetings from Amsterdam

earl1940

"Watch what is done, not what is said."

Looks long but I'll try to give it a read through

I read it, and can't say I disagreed with much, if any of it. But, as you say, religion is the mechanism by which government/s can facilitate their Matrix.

How can one man tell another to do something...without some higher power (whether that be his bigger muscles, bigger guns, a troop of thugs, or "God's gonna getcha!") to threaten with?

Thanks for the post.

I don't know what's more awesome -- the concept of the Matrix, or the fact that a 65 year old knows about it and understands it, somewhat. :grin:

Very cool. :HaHa:

Welcome to the forum.

I'll take a look at your link, too.

Guest earl1940
I don't know what's more awesome -- the concept of the Matrix, or the fact that a 65 year old knows about it and understands it, somewhat. :grin:

Very cool. :HaHa:

Welcome to the forum.

I'll take a look at your link, too.

Thanks for the response to all of you. For me, what got me 'over the final hump' in leaving Christianity is my insights into politics, although I'm still in the process of leaving. Richard Moore's article helped jell a lot for me, and proof-reading his book adding that much more. If you go to the link in my personal info, you will see another link on that page towards the top. That second link is my real politics blog; note the links to sources on the left there. Besides these, I have others and am owner/moderator in two Yahoo political clubs as well. I'm also doing a lot of reading in history by some very good authors as well lately, and that strenthens the case against religion even more.

Having been a very active Christian for some 47 years, and for many years afterward remaining in the church, this has been a heavy trip for me, but one I'm gladly making. I am getting closer to reality, which is my motive. Glimpses of reality, from whichever the perspective, all help enormously.

Now if I can only get my 88 year old mother off my back, and two of my fundamentalistic kids to get our their little boxes, I'll be happier. :ugh: Another subject for another post.

BTW, I have found that age is an advantage in my case, and feel that I'm really just beginning to learn about life. And I'm having a ball on internet.

Hello from Amsterdam. I saw the "signature" or tag line of Dra_Mucd_Uha in his/her post to Angel, the woman with a difficult pregnancy and situation. I hope this is the appropriate forum and beginning a new thread is also appropriate. And then, what I talk about here is mostly political, but for me, has enormous religious ramifications. I was going to reply in a PM to Dra_Mucd_Uha, but decided to post it instead. Hope this is also appropriate.

I'm a new member here at xtian net, but online in politics and blogging for some years now. Regarding your "signature" or tag line: "The Matrix is a system, Neo, and that system is our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. Many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependant on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

-Morpheus, The Matrix

I have no idea if you have read Richard K. Moore, but he wrote an essay "Escaping the Matrix" on the politics of the Matrix several years ago and recently wrote a book incorporating an expanded version of that. But in his essay, he talks of the Matrix, what it is and how it is used politically. I cannot recommend this essay strongly enough, for it also has a great deal to do with religion and the uses of it by the controlling elite through out history, even though Moore doesn't talk about religion in this essay.

Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm not as active here as I would like to be. This really is a great forum, a great amount of advice can be found here. I have just been busy trying to get my own life back in order after deconverting.

Thanks for the link. With it being 12:00 at night here, I will have to hold off and read it tomorrow, if you don't mind.

I've always enjoyed comparing the Matrix to other religions and philosophies. I bought a book a few months back entitled The Philosophy of the Matrix. In it is a collection of essays written by many people (don't remember who exactly, but it was a specific group of philosophers, I believe) about their individual opinions and comparison of the Matrix to various philosophies and religions. It was a good read, I enjoyed it.

For now, I'm keeping a low profile here at xtian.net, but perhaps will post my story as well, if I can write it; it's complex and long. I'm 65 years old, been raised in strict Calvinism, and began my journey of weening away only a few years ago. It has been, and remains, an arduous and lonely task, with much flak from my fundamentalistic American family, who don't know really what I feel or believe. I moved to Amsterdam 17 years ago, and only the last few years have pulled away from the religion, and am still doing so, with many mixed feelings. I've been though a difficult divorce from a marriage of 21 years, but this is even more difficult.

It's good to hear you were able to free your mind. I'm one of the lucky ones, I realized the falsehood of Christianity at age 16 (I still am 16). I left Christianity a few months ago, and have been doing just fine since. It's been a bumpy road... but I'm getting there.

Congratulations to you, and I hope everything goes well with your family. Thanks again for the essay.

Guest earl1940

-Morpheus, The Matrix

Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply. I'm not as active here as I would like to be. This really is a great forum, a great amount of advice can be found here. I have just been busy trying to get my own life back in order after deconverting.

Thanks for the link. With it being 12:00 at night here, I will have to hold off and read it tomorrow, if you don't mind.

I've always enjoyed comparing the Matrix to other religions and philosophies. I bought a book a few months back entitled The Philosophy of the Matrix. In it is a collection of essays written by many people (don't remember who exactly, but it was a specific group of philosophers, I believe) about their individual opinions and comparison of the Matrix to various philosophies and religions. It was a good read, I enjoyed it.

It's good to hear you were able to free your mind. I'm one of the lucky ones, I realized the falsehood of Christianity at age 16 (I still am 16). I left Christianity a few months ago, and have been doing just fine since. It's been a bumpy road... but I'm getting there.

Congratulations to you, and I hope everything goes well with your family. Thanks again for the essay.

Isn't this great? An old fart and a young person talking on a meanful level! And the old fart is enjoying the young person's views.

We all can learn from each other. And I'm living proof that old dogs DO learn new tricks.

And I made a just as big a change politically as well. I am convinced our purpose here is to learn and to pass that on.

• 2 weeks later...
Isn't this great? An old fart and a young person talking on a meanful level! And the old fart is enjoying the young person's views.

We all can learn from each other. And I'm living proof that old dogs DO learn new tricks.

And I made a just as big a change politically as well. I am convinced our purpose here is to learn and to pass that on.

Yeah this is a great place to learn from one another. It's difficult to find good, productive conversation these days. But you can find it here.

Sorry for the delayed response... again. I've been away on vacation.