Goodbye Jesus

Christians Love War And Death

LosingMyReligion

Long story short my mom is rejoicing about all the war going on in Israel. She thinks that the rapture is going to come, the world will end, and we'll all be happy in heaven.

Forget the fact that I would like to finish college, start my own life, and oneday see Paris, France.

I've always wanted to goto Paris, and I told her that I didn't want to die yet because of that. She just smiled and said, "Sweetie, there will be Paris in heaven." Had to leave the room to go vomit.

She just cares about going to heaven and pwaisin da lawd for all eternity.

She is so selfish and self absorbed and she can't even see it. I guess if my life had been as hellish as hers I would be hurrying death too. My older brothers, along with the rest of my family(except my uncle who is pretty agnostic), are dunderheads as well. I think my second oldest brother should get his money back for his degree. He is a fundie nut.

I guess they are unaware that the bible was written in The Middle East and war was quite common thousands of years ago. Just because Israel is at war again doesn't mean a damn thing except business as usual.

I love my mom dearly, but she is a moron.

I just had to rant about that.

Goodbye Jesus
Long story short my mom is rejoicing about all the war going on in Israel. She thinks that the rapture is going to come, the world will end, and we'll all be happy in heaven.

Oh great, so its not just my grandma who's been thinking that (an unfortuante number of relatives on the male parental unit's side of the family are crazy catholics).

Seriously, that kind of thought disgusts me. How could someone even think something like that is beyond me.

What really worries me about the war in Israel is that i see the potential for a major war we could get dragged into, if more countries get involved and the US tries to back Israel.

I'm draft age material, I think its safe to be a little nervous.

What really worries me about the war in Israel is that i see the potential for a major war we could get dragged into, if more countries get involved and the US tries to back Israel.

So do I and I think we should be careful on what we back Israel on. Selling them jet fuel is one thing (they just asked for 210 million dollars worth) but endorsing them by sending OUR troops in is another. As for the draft...I dont think we would get one if Iran got frisky with Israel, at least not at first.

And speaking of Iran...

n that incident, the military said Saturday that the ship had been struck by a radar-guided C802 missile supplied by Iran, not by a drone aircraft, as previously reported.

General Nehushtan said the missile, which was fired from the Lebanese coast, was part of a system that required direct training from Iran. “We see this attack as a very clear fingerprint of Iranian involvement,” he said.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/16/world/mi...artner=homepage

Yeah, I've gotten it here too.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Israel ended up being destroyed? I wonder what the Christians' reaction would be...

Anyway, back on topic, there's not much you can do about it. I know where you're coming from, it aggravates me too. They don't even care that this is a war.... you know, where people die... no, it's all about the prophecy and how it's being fulfilled.

It's repulsive.

Surprisingly I haven't heard anything from my ultra-fundy co-worker about this war and the Rapture. I hope it stays that way.

Anyway, back on topic, there's not much you can do about it. I know where you're coming from, it aggravates me too. They don't even care that this is a war.... you know, where people die... no, it's all about the prophecy and how it's being fulfilled.

It's repulsive.

And they call Liberals the "pro-death culture."

Wouldn't it be interesting if Israel ended up being destroyed? I wonder what the Christians' reaction would be...

Ive been watching several Christian fundie forums (they seem to keep up to the minuet on the news) and most dont care that people are dying but several have expressed concern. And we all know what Israel would do if she were losing, she nearly did it during the Arab Israeli war, she would go with her nuclear capability.

Also many christians seem to think that Damascus (in Syria) will be destroyed in this war.

This dream of a "rapture" keeps coming up, as if some of the fundies really can think they've found a way out of the "tribulation". It isn't biblical, and even most fundies consider it a heresy. But one thing the fundie movement has always seemed almost to look forward to is armegeddon, a huge middle eastern bloodbath (which, of course, just has to happen, 'cause the bibble says so). Then Jeezus can come flittering out of the clouds like Tinkerbelle and make all things right...and at last provide some proof that he is actually real. That's what scares me most about Dubya.

Would it really be that hard to pursue an agenda of peace in the middle east? Perhaps if more people were atheists, and believed that there was no "better place" awaiting after death, we would be more respectful of human beings and their right to live out their lives. Christianity and Islam are equally dangerous to humanity.

My husband and I watched TBN the other day for the hell of it, and we saw some program that encouraged viewers to send hundreds of dollars to them to "send Jews home." Apparently, there are hundreds of thousands of Jews in Russia WANTING to go to the war-torn Israel, just to help Christians hurry God up in starting Armageddon!!! These people seriously think it's their Christian duty to bring Jews out from the diaspora back to Israel , so a war can happen, so that Biblical prophecy can be fulfilled.

Ugh. People are stupid, gullible, and just plain... ugh. :HaHa:L

I'm not sure, exactly... part of it is that all the Jews supposedly have to be in Israel before the End Times occur... now when this war will occur and when Jesus is supposedly to return all depends on whether you're a post-tribulationist, pre-this, post-that, etc... etc...

Ive been watching the "rapture ready" forums...these people are unbelievable! Some of the crap they think will happen... for any who want a good laugh the addy is raptureready.com (then just click on message boards in the blue box in the middle) its scary. *WARNING* Vieing of said forums may induce severe sickness and reality withdrawal symptoms, if these arise consult this site imedeately

I'm not sure, exactly... part of it is that all the Jews supposedly have to be in Israel before the End Times occur... now when this war will occur and when Jesus is supposedly to return all depends on whether you're a post-tribulationist, pre-this, post-that, etc... etc...

A fundy that I work with told me that the temple on the mount must be rebuilt before the end times, so his group has been raising money to help with that goal and he also said something about red cows? or maybe it was red heifers? I didn't know what he was talking about and did not want to get him started. He did say that there is someone here in the states breeding the "perfect red heifer" to speed things up!?! :shrug:

They are some scary folks, they want a war to start in the middle east. :eek:

A self fulfilling prophecy, they hope.

Unfortunately for them, anyone a little bit older than a teenager, or who has been exposed to the thinnest sliver of middle east history, (including me) will remember that this sort of stuff has been going on for a very long time, from the Yom Kippur war of 1972 to the crusades of the middle ages, to the Maccabean wars of pre-Jesus times. So far this incident looks pretty tame by comparison.

Incidentally, my fundy friend at work is looking forward to watching Isreal kick some Moslem ass. (sigh)

Guest sinistral

This dream of a "rapture" keeps coming up, as if some of the fundies really can think they've found a way out of the "tribulation". It isn't biblical, and even most fundies consider it a heresy. But one thing the fundie movement has always seemed almost to look forward to is armegeddon, a huge middle eastern bloodbath (which, of course, just has to happen, 'cause the bibble says so). Then Jeezus can come flittering out of the clouds like Tinkerbelle and make all things right...and at last provide some proof that he is actually real. That's what scares me most about Dubya.

Would it really be that hard to pursue an agenda of peace in the middle east? Perhaps if more people were atheists, and believed that there was no "better place" awaiting after death, we would be more respectful of human beings and their right to live out their lives. Christianity and Islam are equally dangerous to humanity.

My thoughts exactly. It is so easy to sit back and wait for an invisible friend in the sky to wisk them away to a better place. Would it not be better to try to make the here and now a better place to live. Never mind the dead bodies with intestines hanging out, or the suffering, or missing. xian compassion and love never ceases to amaze me. :ugh:

Forget the fact that I would like to finish college, start my own life, and oneday see Paris, France.

I've always wanted to goto Paris, and I told her that I didn't want to die yet because of that. She just smiled and said, "Sweetie, there will be Paris in heaven." Had to leave the room to go vomit.

She just cares about going to heaven and pwaisin da lawd for all eternity.

She is so selfish and self absorbed and she can't even see it. I guess if my life had been as hellish as hers I would be hurrying death too. My older brothers, along with the rest of my family(except my uncle who is pretty agnostic), are dunderheads as well. I think my second oldest brother should get his money back for his degree. He is a fundie nut.

I guess they are unaware that the bible was written in The Middle East and war was quite common thousands of years ago. Just because Israel is at war again doesn't mean a damn thing except business as usual.

I love my mom dearly, but she is a moron.

I just had to rant about that.

Dude, I'm so sorry. Even when I was a xian, I didn't want jesus to come, I didn't want the world to end, and I would say it to xians and they would just look at me weird and say that I wasn't being faithful enough. Ugh. My mom is a xian, so I feel your pain. When I tell my mom that I don't believe in it, she says "don't say that, don't say anything negative, you don't want to anger god." All I can do is just ignore it and move on with my life, parents are parents. What can you do? I do my best to just avoid this topic with her as much as possible.

Yeah... i'd avoid the subject too. But when judgement day doesnt come, i'd say "HA! In yo face sucka!!"

Yeah... i'd avoid the subject too. But when judgement day doesnt come, i'd say "HA! In yo face sucka!!"

Yea but then they would just say that it is comming eventually...despite whatever evidence you could come up with to the contrary.

then all one can do is laugh in their head thinking, "yeah... jesus and paul thought that it would eventually come in their generation too...."

My father rejoices everytime he gets to send someone to Hell (during every football game he sends at least one ref and a few players, coaches and commentators there)...and ooohhhh boy!, does he love it when there's wars and rumors of wars, 'cause he just knows, he's about to be sittin' right where all them sinners have sat through his whole life... Up on the high chairs, eating an ice cream cone, and laughing at everybody who isn't just like him (are there any?).

Sometimes, when I'm in a less-than-holy state of mind, I think of things like sending him a fictitious article that shows the Rapture will take place today or tomorrow...then let him know that I and my children don't believe in Jesus anymore.

But, then, compassion gets hold of me, and I spare myself and him.