Goodbye Jesus

Reaction To Phrases!

garrisonjj

When appropriate i like to use "godfuckingdamnit" or jeezus fucking christ quite liberally in company I know. The reaction is usually positive or neutral. Your experiences? thanks

I don't have alot of experience saying those things, it seems like you'd definitely not want to say them "at the office". :) but you know that.....but that reminds me of Marlene Winell's book where she describes when they all went around an exChristian support group circle and took turns saying "Shit". As an exChristian beginner, I can't even say that, someday I'll muster up the courage. ;) You said you got a positive or neutral reaction. What is the neutral reaction like? Does it feel liberating to use those words? I must know really uptight people because I can't imagine saying those words to anyone I know. My reply isn't helping you, and I sound like a real idiot, but I'm posting her anyway.

I tend not to swear unless I am alone. If in an office setting, I do my best to refrain from swearing simply because it's not professional. When I'm alone, I'll say whatever I goddamn please. ;)

I'm around a 2yo alot..and I work in an elementary school, so I tend not to talk that way.

However, I am learning from the 2yo..her other grandparent doesn't like me or her mother, so after she's been there, she usually pops out with "fucking bitch"... :twitch:

I'm not a prude, it generally doesn't faze me (except when the 2yo says it)..and around adults, I do let down a bit. I just have to curb the habit so as not to do so at work..

Guest earl1940
When appropriate i like to use "godfuckingdamnit" or jeezus fucking christ quite liberally in company I know. The reaction is usually positive or neutral. Your experiences? thanks

I don't say anything this strong in general. But I will use something similar around our house with good reason. To me, it's vulgar in public, and offensive to many. Maybe I'm of the 'old' generation, but I believe that civility and respect still count for a lot.

But don't get me pissed off at home! :lmao: