Goodbye Jesus

Misleading Job Ads

Amethyst

Due to the fact that I'm being laid off this week, I"m looking for jobs. Well, one particular ad had an administrative opening, but they did not say where to forward the resume to, so I had to call them. Turns out it's for a Christian publishing company. That was not listed in the ad. I'm planning on calling and canceling the interview later, but it's still really annoying. I want that 5 minutes of my life back.

:ugh:

I hate searching for a new job... especially on the internet... sifting through all the bogus job ads is a full time job in itself. :ugh:

Ooh that sucks, especially when you need a job!

I am so paranoid that I would actually take it.

Ooh that sucks, especially when you need a job!

I am so paranoid that I would actually take it.

Well, I need a job, but I'm confident that I can find one at a company that I actually would be interested in working at. Or at least, ambivalent about it.

One word: Sabotage.

Just kidding. Hope all goes well with your search Am

I've been doing my best to do just that to Wal-Mart since I've been employed here. I've also been doing it to crappy worthless music. Example:

"Do you have that Pussycat Dolls CD?"

"Nope, sure don't. I don't even think it's in print anymore. How 'bout some Sheryl Crow instead?"

I've been doing my best to do just that to Wal-Mart since I've been employed here. I've also been doing it to crappy worthless music. Example:

"Do you have that Pussycat Dolls CD?"

"Nope, sure don't. I don't even think it's in print anymore. How 'bout some Sheryl Crow instead?"

LMAO! :lmao:

gawd at least that way you are introducing them to real music. I'm only 25 and i already think a lot of music today sucks. A lot of it just seems pointless. Like that song about having a photo album spread out on the bedroom floor, it's like, I get what they'r e trying to say but do they have to be such shitty songwriters? I dislike when people who are experiencing something try to write, and their writing is all unpoetic and people ooh and ahh over it because 'it has an important message' buti t really don't even tell the whole message it's just a socially acceptable part of the message and it's not written like a good lyric or riff that punches to the gut.

And then weird songs about LADY LUMPS???? EW!@!!! I don' like the word lady, Ijust don't, I know it's supposed to be elegant but it just reminds me of plastic floral showercaps with a rubber, annoyingly frilled edge from the dollar store and skin colored pantyhose and grandmas who live alone. So when I hear about lady lumps.... even if they were called Goddess Lumps... I'd think of breast cancer. And the Dontcha? It's like what is wrong with music with a melody that doesn't sound like it's written by a vapid 20 year old girl who is willfully unaware of anything not on tv?

There's good contemporary stuff out there by Ani DiFranco for example (who I saw recently YAY!), EXCELLENT songwriter, Sarah Maclachlan's stuff about 5 years ago was abso-fucking-lutely DIVINE. I hear Tool is good and System of a Down and that's almost thrash metal, right? (I could be very wrong) It's not the genre it's just .... no, people want to hear about lady lumps. I remember Ed the Sock (it's a Canadian thing) said, while critiquing the Dont'cha video as the chorus went "Don'tcha wish your girlfriend was hot like me" and he said, "no, I wish my girlfriend had second sex characteristics" and I thought, TOUCHE!!!

Ah, Cheryl Crow, that's the stuff. Can't beat Tuesday Night Music club.

I totally agree with Luck Mermaid. Music nowadays generally sucks (just my opinion, though). I very rarely buy cds anymore from new artists (however, I did like "She Wants Revenge" which came out not too long ago). A majority of it sounds the same and isn't original or truly inspired. It feels like it is coming off a music assembly line.

I mainly listen to groups that originated in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. To me nothing beats David Bowie, Pink Floyd, or KMFDM. I remember growing up to CCR, Queen, and Johny Cash (the only country artist I like).

To all future musicians:

Please make music I haven't already heard a million times before! I know for a fact that there are intelligent and creative musicians out there that can.

Sorry for drifting off topic and thank you for listening.