Goodbye Jesus

Question: Are You Really A Christian?

RHEMtron

Now now... in the spirit of my OP, where in the bible did Jesus say deer meat is good :HaHa:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RHEMtron

• Mythra

• Ouroboros

• freeday

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now now... in the spirit of my OP, where in the bible did Jesus say deer meat is good :HaHa:

Right here:

Luk 7:2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was deer unto him, was sick, and ready to die.

Luk 7:3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

Luk 7:4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

Luk 7:5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

Luk 7:6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:

Luk 7:7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.

Luk 7:8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth [it].

Luk 7:9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

See how good deer is? :HaHa:

:lmao: hahahahah.... great!! if i go back to church, ill bring my own deer meat for communion. i will be saved by deer meat :grin:

• 1 year later...
God also says dont kill. He has. The example of the passover is prime. God killed many, many innocent children. According to him, that is a sin. But do sins only apply to humans? Or do they apply only to humans and Angels, seeing as Lucifer sinned? God also says "Vengeance is mine". Am I to interpret that to mean that vengeance is a sin, and if it's a sin why does God do it himself, or is it that vengeance is an instrument that only he is wise enough to wield? Is this to mean to 'do as I say and not as I do'. I believe that anyone here who has a child tries very hard not to teach that type of example to their children. We try to lead by example.

My point is, regardless of what we conisder right or wrong, good or bad, if you believe the Bible in the literal sense, then it doesn't matter, becasue the Alpha and Omega can make or break any rule which he desires, and he can also change his mind at any given point. Does this make him wrong? Then again can a supreme being make a wrong choice if he sets all the rules and knows no equal? I am not saying this to knock God, seeing as I believe in him myself. Just to question some of the scriptures written by men. I say again, not written by God, but written by men.

Isnt one of the prime tenets of christianity the whole idea that god is blameless and holy, and does no wrong? Its always taught that the reason we need salvation through christ is b/c of the irreconcilable difference between god and man, we are sinful god is not and cannot have sin in his presence because it is antipode to him.

Isnt that why god turned from christ on the cross (paradox) he had the weight of the worlds sin on him? His own rules contradict him, how can a supreme being be incapable of tolerating something.

On another point if all is created by god and nothing in existence, tangible and intangible, couldnt have been w/o him conceiving of it and implementing it why is there even such a thing as sin if it is his antithesis?

God gets angry and upset with some human behaviours, so another part of the same god has to be killed, and shed blood, in order to save humans, who then get another part of god to empower them to spread this message!!! What utter nonsense!

And it constantly alarms and exasperates me to hear christians justify the GENOCIDE in the old testament. They really have been blinded by "the god of this age" Jehovah!!!

The Doctor appears to be going for the Indiana Jones award for December 07

Fundie says:

Absolutely correct. It does not make him/her/it a man. It does however refer to God as a man, many times over, much more than it refers to possible feminine characteristics.

:Doh: DUH!

That's because the bible is a Male Chauvinistic piece of work. The moral and ethical gauges of this book is so way off. Why would such a book states that women were unclean, worth less than a man, not fit to serve as priests and to be submissive to their male counterparts (just to mention a few) would mention anything remotely close to a god with feminine characters? WHY?

Me thinks you don't think at all!

As for "god can do whatevers it pleases" is a preposterous statement. If in your own words that men wrote that book (which I agree), then it is breading grounds, as we can see daily in the news reports, for fundamentalist to reek havoc. Not limited to incest, rape, sodomy, murdering their spouses and treating women like shit.

Now the question is, if there is a God.....do the contradictions belong to him, or to the men that wrote and possibly corrupted the text? And if the contradictions do belong to him, by his sheer power alone, does this give him a right to make contradictions?

If men wrote the bible, then you are duped. You’ve been following a bunch of rag head sheep herders who more than likely had their full amounts of sun strokes.

Next! Ehe ehm If a god wrote the bible filled with contradictions, then this god is not all knowing. He/she/it is dumb as FUCK!

~ This said god cannot even re-write the 10 commandments the way it was in the first set~

Yep! god is dumb.

End of story!

I just realized how old this thread is, but hey.

The highest place allotted to a female is Mary, and that's just because she was a virgin who gave birth, which can scarcely be said to be celebrating femininity.

Yeah, Once again, rub it in god! Women are for the taking. Here, as the story goes, this woman was supposedly engaged to man, but god, who can do whatever it pleases, banged her up. To top it off, this said god couldn’t even do it itself, but sends a ghost - enjoy, aim, shoot! ‘cause there won’t be another one like good ‘ole MARY.

The Doctor appears to be going for the Indiana Jones award for December 07

eh? what you say?

Come now, Time Lord, make some cultural links for early 21st century Western Pop culture... what did Indiana Jones do?

Come now, Time Lord, make some cultural links for early 21st century Western Pop culture... what did Indiana Jones do?

Kill nazis?

Wear a hat?

Whip it good?

Rescue Sean Connery?

Hit the bottle?

Not sure im making the link you are, ya done stumped the Time Lord.. :shrug:

Dug shit up... ye gods...

Dug shit up... ye gods...

Oh yeah...i knew you meant that the whole time...of course! Feel free to call me Dense Indie Gramps :)

ok, i admit, i had to look it up too. that is to funny, poor little achan's kids. you speak as if you were best friends with them. they stole some devoted things. which at first may seem harsh, until you look at the meaning of it. The Hebrew term refers to the irrevocable giving over of things or persons to the LORD. you can't indian give to the Lord, especially in that culture and time of age. The Lord comanded thier obediance, he wasn't just joking around. Plus, their violation led to the dirrect result of loss of soldiers lives. i won't lose any sleep over achan's kids tonight. and i just ate a muffin and drank a latte, so i don't think i am sick to my stomach after reading it.
So, if I converted to Judaism and you stole some "devoted things", does that mean you give me the right to stone you and your family to death in the name of the Lord for stealing? After all, it's freedom of religion, right?

I am way behind in this conversation but I noticed where Amy Marie(i think) reffered to Messianic Jews..

Baby, I hate to burst your bubble but there is NO SUCH THING as messianic Jews..Thats like having satanic christians who dont believe in Jesus..

You are either a jew or you are not a jew. If you believe that Jesus is the messiah then you are NOT a jew. YOU WOULD BE A CHRISTIAN!

If you dont believe that Jesus is the messiah then you are NOT a christian..

And after reading some of these passages, especially the one about Askans(sp?) children, I really want to shake a christian and say, are you that fucking stupid?

I am way behind in this conversation but I noticed where Amy Marie(i think) reffered to Messianic Jews..

Baby, I hate to burst your bubble but there is NO SUCH THING as messianic Jews..Thats like having satanic christians who dont believe in Jesus..

You are either a jew or you are not a jew. If you believe that Jesus is the messiah then you are NOT a jew. YOU WOULD BE A CHRISTIAN!

If you dont believe that Jesus is the messiah then you are NOT a christian..

I don't agree with that. There are several interpretations of what a Messianic Jew is.

One is what you're saying there, like a Jew who believes in Jesus as the Messiah, and they do exist. At least they call themselves "Messianic Jews", and they believe in Jesus but they follow the Jewish laws and traditions.

The word "Messiah" is a word that exists in the Old Testament and only means annointed. There are several "Messiah's" in the Old Testament. Anyone who was a prophet or "annointed" with oil was a messiah.

From what I understand in the time before Jesus there were a group of Jews who believed a new leader like Joshua would come and save them from the Romans. But I'm not sure how true that is. And I've been told they were part of a Messianic movement, i.e. Messianic Jews.

Jewish is different from Christianity in that it's not only a relgion but a cultural and ethnic identity. So, yes, you can still be Jewish AND a Christian or even an atheist. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite blogs is Jewish Atheist