Goodbye Jesus

How Can There Be A God?

Guest illogical_logic

Guest illogical_logic

I was raised in a christian home. I believed in god like any young naieve child would. And i even believed in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus. Even those things never made sense to me but my mind still not having developed thinking skills I could not think out why i did not believe those things. But as I grew older I developed the thinking skills to realize why the Tooth fairy and Santa Clause were not real. But yet I still wanted to believe that christianity's god was real. I believed in god for so long. But yet my life sucked. I was over weight and relentlessly teased. I had no friends growing up and still dont have any. I am unlucking in love and have always been. i went to college but have yet to find a job in my field. The fundamentalist christians told me one of three things. Either I lack faith in god. yet I read my bible, gave money, prayed and jumped through all the same hoops they did. yet when they got good jobs had money and nice things, had really great boyfriends/girlfriends. Or they said that god wanted to heal me from the wounds of my past and I was not alllowing him to, or god would not work in my life because I had unconfessed sin in my life. (SUUUUUURE!) Or it was some test of god for character building purposes.If this god they said loved me and wanted the best for me why did I have such a hard time with all aspets of my life. Then i strated thinking god's exsistance out and even the bible's validity out and many other things. Thanks to the internet i realized that god is nothing more than a sham. Something man made. No god who loved me would ever give me such a fate. I still dont understand why i was dealt thses cards by fate but its easer knowing that christianity is not there to make me feel even worse about it all.

Welcome! I hope you continue to learn more about the fraud that is Christianity (not that everyone in on it does it on purpose) and I wish you the best in your spiritual journey. Mine eventually led me to agnosticism. :)

welcome to the forums! no worries man. you have friends in us :grin:

Good to have you here IL.

You'll have friends here.

Fear not, you are among friends. We are in all stages here, from just barely deconverted to those like me who have been away from church for years. We come in many flavors from atheist and agnostic to various Pagan sorts to occasional eastern philosophies.

So dig in, there is a lot of material here that helps you to think about the issues at hand.

I still dont understand why i was dealt thses cards by fate but its easer knowing that christianity is not there to make me feel even worse about it all.

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your story and I completely agree. I can't think of a more unhealthy, self-destructive method of coping with the hard realities we face than that which Christianity imbued us with.

I am a far less bitter person, recognizing 'shit just happens.' It's not some god's will for me, and it's not my fault. Or occasionally maybe it is my fault, and not some 'plan' a supernatural being willed for me, and I can darn well recognize it and change it if and when I so desire.

Glad you're here!

Welcome, glad to see you. Good to hear you've escaped from witch mountain. Now you can finally know that troubles in your life are not the result of your 'sin' or the 'sins' of your fathers but rather just the fact that the world is complex and nature is apathetic. It seems a bit harsh at first, but in the end, it's fantastic knowing that you control your own fate, and even if life deals you lemons, you can make lemonade if you wish.

Welcome. Yes, you are in control of your own life. You can't depend on a a god that is man made. Now that you finally "see the light", you'll be able to jump the hurdles that life deals you, walk the milestones, and run the race. The shackles that have bound your feet have finally been unloosed.

Please bury and burn all that negative thinking and mind control christianity has brainwashed you with.

You'll go a long way with simple positive thinking and a good spirit!

oh yes, and don't forget "common sense" --

positive thinking, good spirit, and common sense --none of which christianity offers or condones.

Welcome to the forum, IL.

Kick your shoes off, and stay a while. :grin:

Hi, welcome to exc! Yeah its amazing the shit that xianity puts you through. Nobody knows the truth, anyone who insists they do is a fucking asshole. Well now you can live your life like you want to, instead of how organized religion wants you to. We've all been through shit, just don't give up on yourself and on your life. I know it kind of sucks sometimes, but other times it can be great. Hope to see you more on the forums. :)

Guest spawned

How many of us have sat in the back of a church, begging God to help us, and he never did.

Christians say, "God answered you, but you weren't listening" which is another way to blame you or me for not getting an answer. Then they default to God said no, which doesn't work either, because "no answer" is not "no".

It's just not being answered.

So, if God doesn't give verbal responses, then anything that happens is an answer. Which of course goes back to being randomness, which means anything is possible, which means there was no answer from any god.

I got tired of talking to walls.

Hey there illogic, welcome aboard!

Do have a look around at other peoples' experiences, perhaps you can identify and draw strength from them. Do join us in our ramblings and debates, they can be helpful in forming your new viewpoints on life etc.

Anyway, good to have you, best of luck with your exdoctrination.

How many of us have sat in the back of a church, begging God to help us, and he never did.

I hear ya spawned.

When you really start to look at things with an open mind, you just have to come to a conclusion that all those things people were saying were just excuses as to why God never answered your prayers. They give all those excuses, but they forget one of the main things and that's God's grace. God's grace is supposed to cover all things,and makes all those excuses a crock of shit.

I guess one of the big things for me is seeing that myself and my first sister chose to follow God the best that we could, while my youngest sister chose to reject Christianity. Me and my first sister have never had things easy. Always had to struggle financially, never had the breaks, while my youngest sister was living it up, getting all these great opportunities and travelling around the world and making a lot of money. If God was really who he says he is, it would be myself and my older sister getting all the blessings, while my youngest one gets nowhere. It just didn't seem to me like God was playing fair.

I'm now of the opinion the God set a lot of processes in place and pretty much leaves us to our own devices.