Fundies Attack Oprah...

Of course they do. She is a woman. Wammi. She is a black woman. Double wammi. She is a very successful black woman. Triple Wammi. She is a unmarried, extremely successful black woman. All out of wammies.

The whole website is derranged as well.

It sure is!....I've checked it out before. Unbloodybelievable! :HaHa:

but speaking of Oprah....wouldn't the fundies love to have her (money) on the team....rather than her being an 'ENEMY OF GOD'...

Fundies love women ( the right women)...not all must keep shtoong!

ive always had a whole lotta respect for her. now to hear fundies dont like her... man... i love her!!

i can now use her as a perfect example of a recognized person who performs many great humanitarian acts, and is not christian. thank you oprah and bill gates.

Man, that website used to scare me so much when i was a christian. It brought me to tears and in fact brought me to the bible itself. My god this evil shit needs to come off the net.

You can see in the video Oprah can see the wrong in the ideology, that punishes unbelievers. Yet that women in her ignoarance says: jesus wont come back until the gospel is preached to all corners of the globe. What a dipshit, she totally ignores Oprahs comment. She ignores that until that happens people will live and die during this time, which is just wrong.

I want to just absoloutly destory that websites and websites like it, it makes me so mad because of the fear it instigates. P.S i think Oprahs awesome haha

I'm just surprised they waited this long to attack her. Fundies generally attack anyone who isn't Just Like Them .

Dammit, it's playing but I'm not getting any sound from either the site or after saving it to my comp. :(

That Oprah footage looks really old. Her studio hasn't been that dowdy in a long, long time.

So it's probably nothing new. Just sayin'.

When I was in grade 10 or 11, I remember hearing about a fundy in her audience arguing with her during a commercial break about how homosexuals can't be Christians. Sadly, at the time, I was proud of the audience member for standing up for her beliefs.

Heh.

Then a few months later I started down the path of liberal Christianity, which eventually led to my deconversion.

Anyway. Oprah's cool. :D

One self-important (f/t)ool screaming at another self-important (f/t)ool.

Nothing to see here, folks.

Ugh... at the end when Oprah says to the Jebus Freaks who believe that every gentle soul who has never heard of Jebus is going to hell that she's 'not going to argue religion' with them, the dowdy freak lady exclaims, "It's not religion!"

Shudder. I'm going to have nightmares tonight, I just know it.

Ugh... at the end when Oprah says to the Jebus Freaks who believe that every gentle soul who has never heard of Jebus is going to hell that she's 'not going to argue religion' with them, the dowdy freak lady exclaims, "It's not religion!"

LOL. I know, eh?

But, you know, it's not a religion, it's a relationship!

Ugh.

I used to say that too.

I remember a friend of mine back in high school once said, "I hate the word 'religion.' I'm not religious, I'm a Christian!"

*headdesk*

Ok, I got it to work. Man, the absolute surity of Fundy whacko is skin crawling and gag inducing. I think Oprah handled it with aplomb. You can't reason with nutjobs.

Guest sinistral

I like how the woman sitting in the audience tells Oprah that she is intellectualizing everything. Soooo... you cannot use your intellect to believe in jeebus. wow

That website is a total page of hate filled images and words. I cannot believe how horrible it is. :eek: I think I need to go rinse my eyes and stare at an image of a serene waterfall for about 2 hours.

I asked someone about this before and he said that God would probably see this person as an innocent life, which I have yet to find any biblical evidence for.

I did find evidence somewhere (I don't remember where, but I think it's something Paul wrote) that people who have never heard the gospel still have the holy spirit and they have no excuse [to sin].

LOL. I know, eh?

But, you know, it's not a religion, it's a relationship!

Ugh.

I used to say that too.

I remember a friend of mine back in high school once said, "I hate the word 'religion.' I'm not religious, I'm a Christian!"

*headdesk*

This was something Clayton King was talking about:

"Religious people start wars in the Middle East; religious people destroy buildings; religious people blow up abortion clinics! I'm not calling people to religion, I'm calling people to follow and worship Jesus Christ!

That sounds a lot like a religion I've heard of...

Yeah, apparently eyes are evil. :shrug:

I asked someone about this before and he said that God would probably see this person as an innocent life, which I have yet to find any biblical evidence for.

I did find evidence somewhere (I don't remember where, but I think it's something Paul wrote) that people who have never heard the gospel still have the holy spirit and they have no excuse [to sin].

There is no biblical support for the idea of 'innocent ignorance' that I know of either. It's a very modern revision for people who would otherwise dismiss Christianity for the gross injustice of it, if they got to thinking too long and hard about it. But there are those like the fundy freak on Oprah show who have absolutely no problem with the idea. Horrific Injustice = "Perfect Justice" on her planet. Chilling.

Of course for those who like the kinder gentler version where God just 'looks at the heart' of those who have not heard about Jebus - pretty much demolishes the whole 'the entire human race is damned by original sin' idea that Christianity hinges on, and the need for Jebus entirely, if you admit that God is perfectly capable and willing to just evaluate who is good at heart when he darn well feels like it.

There is a 'without excuse' doctrine that I know of in Romans; God's invisible attributes are clearly visible in his creation, so by virtue of the fact that nature exists, everyone is without excuse for believing in and worshipping Paul's God, the Jesus doctrine, whatever Paul says, etc. :twitch:

Not eyes! NOT EYES! Eyes are clearly the work of the Debil. Is it just me, or does that blue swirl look like the Jesus fish in the second shot? :scratch:

My favorite part: "Notice the three cleverly hidden 6's in "Walt Disney." Notice the wizard, Mickey Mouse" :lmao::loser:

Not related to Oprah or anything, but oh well, it made me laugh: http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Rel...chcraft/666.htm

There is no biblical support for the idea of 'innocent ignorance' that I know of either. It's a very modern revision for people who would otherwise dismiss Christianity for the gross injustice of it, if they got to thinking too long and hard about it. But there are those like the fundy freak on Oprah show who have absolutely no problem with the idea. Horrific Injustice = "Perfect Justice" on her planet. Chilling.

Of course for those who like the kinder gentler version where God just 'looks at the heart' of those who have not heard about Jebus - pretty much demolishes the whole 'the entire human race is damned by original sin' idea that Christianity hinges on, and the need for Jebus entirely, if you admit that God is perfectly capable and willing to just evaluate who is good at heart when he darn well feels like it.

If the "innocent ignorance" theory is true, then by spreading the gospel you are condemning to death millions who otherwise would have gone to heaven in their ignorance.

Missionary: "...and so that is why Jesus died for your sins. Now that you know this, you are responsible for the information and will go to hell if you do not accept it."

Tribesman: "You mean, if I had never heard of your so-called gospel, I would have made it into your God's heaven anyway?"

Missionary: "Yes, God's mercy and the blood of Jesus would have covered you, even though you didn't know about it."

Tribesman: (A great grumble arises from his throat) "Then why the FUCK did you tell me; I had it made! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!" (Hurls spear at fleeing missionary).