Goodbye Jesus

Anyone Know What The Fundamentalist Jew Is Up To

snookums

Whatever, douchebag. Quit defending Jesus already. Didn't you read the web address? It says ex-christian. That means we don't love your precious Jesus, so why would you come here preching about Jesus. It makes no sense. So stop it, jesusboy. Stop it now, for the sake of the children.

I would love for you to explain to me how I've defended jesus. Really.

I am completely aware of the title of this forum.

By being all jesusy, man. You know that ain't cool dude. And yeah, you may be aware of the name of the forum, but do you know what it means, man? Like, man it means we don't like your savior dude. so quit trying to shove your god down my throat, man. Like, you know what I mean?

Again: I would love for you to explain to me how I've defended Jesus. I don't even believe in Jesus, so why on earth would I defend him? Like I said, I don't care what you guys believe, I thought I would try and clarify what I thought were generalizations about fundamentalist and orthodox jews.

This is just funny now. I'm getting blasted for "defending" the Jeez and I'm not even the one who originally brought him up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• snookums

• gangstaknitta

• Crunk Bishop

• Ouroboros

There's nothing in history of Jews trying to invade, conquer or convert countries around them. Almost the opposite. They want to be left alone it seems. Have there every been a Jewish government outside Israel? :shrug:

Well, that's because they have a tough enough time holding onto that shitty piece of land, let alone conquering anyone else. I'm sure they would if history didn't show that they sucked the big one on the military side of things.

wow.

alot of you ex-christian folk sure are knee-jerk reverse fundamentalists!

just because somebody disagrees you assume they're Christians!

I would like to take this time to point out that I don't think he's a christian and i wouldn't care if he was one...it's just rude to be jumping all over someone who disagrees with you five minutes after you've joined a forum. Hell, even *I* was nice for maybe my first 10 or 20 posts here.

Zoe Grace, in all fairness, I can see your point and I can see where the "troll" cries come from.

Anyway, to get this back on topic, I think Sage is dead-on here:

Actually most forms of Orthodox Judaism charge that the nation of Israel is against Jewish doctrine, because the dogma teaches that yes, the Jews will be recollected and the nation of Israel re-established, but it will be the Messiah who will do so, not a secular government. They see the current state of Israel as a form of blasphemy, even, a paltry human attempt at doing Yahweh's work for Him.

They also read the bible very literally in a lot of instances, especially re: Israel.

This is why they will resort to violence. What's really obnoxious about this particular group is that while they fuss about humans establishing Israel, they live there! And they rely on the very government that they consider so "treyf" to support them (via public assistance, socialized healthcare, etc.)! There are unusually high unemployment rates for these Orthodox, so they beg and scam on tourists by "blessing" them...and then tell you that you should give them money for doing so. Kind of like the guy who swoops onto your car while you're sitting at a light, washes your window, demands money and then spits at you when you refuse. Not to mention the additional fundamental insult of the the entire act: they think they are holier than you, and that's why they're "qualified" to "bless" you. This seems to contradict one of the most fundamental principles in Judaism: there is no one between you and god. Which is one of the big reasons why the Jeez is such a problem in jewish theology.

But that's what's "fun" about fundies...always undermining their own arguments.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

Whatever, douchebag. Quit defending Jesus already. Didn't you read the web address? It says ex-christian. That means we don't love your precious Jesus, so why would you come here preching about Jesus. It makes no sense. So stop it, jesusboy. Stop it now, for the sake of the children.

I would love for you to explain to me how I've defended jesus. Really.

I am completely aware of the title of this forum.

By being all jesusy, man. You know that ain't cool dude. And yeah, you may be aware of the name of the forum, but do you know what it means, man? Like, man it means we don't like your savior dude. so quit trying to shove your god down my throat, man. Like, you know what I mean?

Again: I would love for you to explain to me how I've defended Jesus. I don't even believe in Jesus, so why on earth would I defend him? Like I said, I don't care what you guys believe, I thought I would try and clarify what I thought were generalizations about fundamentalist and orthodox jews.

This is just funny now. I'm getting blasted for "defending" the Jeez and I'm not even the one who originally brought him up.

Whatever, jesuslover.

wow.

alot of you ex-christian folk sure are knee-jerk reverse fundamentalists!

just because somebody disagrees you assume they're Christians!

Maybe you love jesus, too! Yes, I can smell it. YOU LOVE HIM SO MUCH!

i think what you're smelling there is the jeez on your upper lip!

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

i think what you're smelling there is the jeez on your upper lip!

I've got Jesus love all over my face if you must know. It's dripping from my chin. My cop moustache is sticky with it. What's your fuggin point, godboy?

fair enough gangsta. It just annoyed me that you just leaped on my "valley girl" sounding phrase it's not like I say "like this and like that" all the freaking time.

I was an asshole, and I apologize.

To be truthful, i wasn't referring to "every jew" or "most jews" but the fact of the matter is, it's normally the "far out there" people of any group that are the loudest and call the most attention to themselves.

Very true. Thanks for putting your earlier thoughts in context.

The leaders and military don't always represent the people. I do get annoyed that so many support the actions of the state of israel no matter what they do. It's as if they are above reproach...whether this is because the majority of the western world is Christian and support the jews reclaiming this land as part of some kind of prophecy or whether it's because anyone who isn't for the state of israel is often seen as an anti-semite (despite the fact that the people the Israelis are fighting against are themselves a semitic people)...again...who knows?

This irriates me to no end. If you're going to support one side or another, at least do it because you have a well-reasoned opinion, not because of a knee-jerk religious action.

...and really wish people would just leave them to their own devices.

Word. But this will never happen because too many world powers have had their fingers in the pie that is the middle east for too long, and have too much bullshit invested in it.

Whatever, jesuslover.

:lmao:

my point is that some people who don't know anything about the history of Judaism since the times of Jesus or about the modern state of Israel often conflate modern Judaism and Israel with what they read in the "Old Testament" or what they heard in some silly conspiracy theory. then they argue ad hominem because they have no facts to fall back on.

Zoe....said...

But I DO get tired of having to qualify every single statement on this topic, because it feels like I'm having to be "overly politically correct."

Funny bout that..... :Hmm:

For me thou'...when I feel that ...I think there is some kind of shit happening....or that I'm being forced to comply to some 'rule'...

Fuck that...!

So Gansta/Crunk are you here to 'teach' the correct version of Judism ..while providing all the correct and right references?

Hands up...who is Jewish here?

or is that a 'rude' question?

:HaHa:

I'm glad that someone has accepted the term 'fundie' as a part of Judism...all I've heard is...there is no such thing as a fundy Jew...

and "orthodox' just doesn't ring my bell....

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

my point is that some people who don't know anything about the history of Judaism since the times of Jesus or about the modern state of Israel often conflate modern Judaism and Israel with what they read in the "Old Testament" or what they heard in some silly conspiracy theory. then they argue ad hominem because they have no facts to fall back on.

That's what the liberal, jew-run media wants you to think. Zionist shill! To the pork mines with you, and no sack lunch!

Mmmmm......interesting 'fact'....guys!

Yes..and I said 'fact'...okay....indisputabubble.....

http://factsofisrael.com/en/stats.shtml

Population - Israel

Let's start with a breakdown of the total population for Israel proper (not including the West Bank and Gaza, see the history page for details), by religion. We will include the numbers for 1948 and September 2001, we have:

:

Religion Population Population

Jewish 646,000 80.1% 5,240,000 81.3%

Muslim 160,000 19.9% 980,000 15.2%

Christian N/A N/A 130,000 2.1%

Druze N/A N/A 110,000 1.6%

Total 806,000 100% 6.46 Million 100%

Figures taken from Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics and here. For more details check this page.

You'll see that 81% mark the box "jewish'...........explain please.? or do a large part of the 81% lie to their govenment....or the state of Israel don't believe in adding a box marked 'other'....?

Here's another earlier.. 'resource for those who are adament that to be Jewish ethnically is not the same as being "jewish' religously speaking....is that just another statisical booboo..?

Ethnic composition, language, religion

ethnic groups: Jewish 79%; Arab 19%

languages: Hebrew (Ivrit) [official]; Arabic, English

religious affiliation: Judaism 79%; Muslim (mostly Sunnî) 14,9%; Christian 2,9%; Druze 1,7%

From this 1995 breakdown ..you can see that 79% of Israelis identify themselves as 'jews' in the religious sense...as well as an 'ethnic' group.....(that's another misinformed notion....)

So now tell me that the state of "Israel' and any current conflict is not...in any way influenced by religion - the faith practised by the Jews.........or that they are completely 'secular'....

:woohoo:

so what if I'm Jewish? Even T.S. Eliot said that a few Jews of the right kind were good for society...

"orthodox" is not "fundamentalist" because the only belief orthodox Jews have to hold is monotheism... all the rest of the religion is about doing the correctly prescribed practices (and half of that is gone because there hasn't been a Temple for 2000 yrs.) and the Hebrew language. Orthodox Jews are nothing like the fundamentalists some of us used to be... biblical literalists, eschatological, missionary,

have you even met an Israeli?

So Gansta/Crunk are you here to 'teach' the correct version of Judism ..while providing all the correct and right references?

Nowhere have I implied that there is a "correct" version of Judaism. In fact, I have never thought such a thing in my life. The whole point of my post was to point out the variety in Jewish thought, so if you think I'm stupid enough to assume uniformity after making a claim like that, you have sorely underestimated me. There is no "correct" form of Judaism. Although I do think there are less desirable forms, as there are for any person in any religion. but that's just personal opinion, which I think both YOU and Zoe made clear are a-okay in this forum.

Not rude at all. I'm Jewish. It's not like you "outed" me. Awwww...you won! Hope that helps you sleep better tonight, you found another Jew.

I mistook Zoe's comments as generalizing, and I think that's been made pretty clear and I've apologized to her for that.

I'm glad that someone has accepted the term 'fundie' as a part of Judism...all I've heard is...there is no such thing as a fundy Jew...

I see what CB is saying, but in all honesty, does anyone have a better term? I've yet to find one. There are "fundy" Jews. There are "fundies" in any group that has a "following"--be it a religion, or even Trekkies. I know you can't really pin down a term that will work for all religions, but I think "fundy" will do just fine for now.

So now tell me that the state of "Israel' and any current conflict is not...in any way influenced by religion - the faith practised by the Jews.........or that they are completely 'secular'....

Who on this thread made the claim that the situation is NOT motivated by religion, at least in part? All I did was say that not all Jews feel this way. How is your claim a challenge, since I agree with you? Are you just trying to pick fights? And since we've already discussed the situation of Judaism being having a cultural and religious component, it's just silly to assume that everyone who checks the "jew" box is a fundy or even orthodox. Do you seriously think everyone who checks "Catholic" on a census goes to mass every Sunday? Or that everyone who checks "Caucasian" on a census is 100% white?

Nowhere have I implied that there is a "correct" version of Judaism. In fact, I have never thought such a thing in my life. The whole point of my post was to point out the variety in Jewish thought, so if you think I'm stupid enough to assume uniformity after making a claim like that, you have sorely underestimated me. There is no "correct" form of Judaism. Although I do think there are less desirable forms, as there are for any person in any religion. but that's just personal opinion, which I think both YOU and Zoe made clear are a-okay in this forum.

Not rude at all. I'm Jewish. It's not like you "outed" me. Awwww...you won! Hope that helps you sleep better tonight, you found another Jew.

I mistook Zoe's comments as generalizing, and I think that's been made pretty clear and I've apologized to her for that.

I see what CB is saying, but in all honesty, does anyone have a better term? I've yet to find one. There are "fundy" Jews. There are "fundies" in any group that has a "following"--be it a religion, or even Trekkies. I know you can't really pin down a term that will work for all religions, but I think "fundy" will do just fine for now.

Who on this thread made the claim that the situation is NOT motivated by religion, at least in part? All I did was say that not all Jews feel this way. How is your claim a challenge, since I agree with you? Are you just trying to pick fights? And since we've already discussed the situation of Judaism being having a cultural and religious component, it's just silly to assume that everyone who checks the "jew" box is a fundy or even orthodox. Do you seriously think everyone who checks "Catholic" on a census goes to mass every Sunday? Or that everyone who checks "Caucasian" on a census is 100% white?

Lookie here....

i agree with sage.

"Fundy" Jews have hardly any political pull in Israel. The invasion of Lebanon happened for fully secular reasons. To me, when people suggest some religious conspiracy behind Israeli politics or US-Israeli relations.... i'm just wondering when the world-wide Zionist Occupationist Government and the Protocol of the Elders of Zion crap comes next.

and, pretty much the bulk of important academic literature published on "fundamentalism" since the early 1980's (Martin Marty's "Fundamentalism Project" and its spin-offs like Karen Armstrong's Battle for God and Scott Appleby's Strong Religion) has suggested that the term is "fundamentally" flawed. "Enlightened" religious types or atheists feel more comfortable when they can marginalize the opinions of "cranks" they don't agree with.

I was speaking generally - addressing no one in particular.

I don't like conflicts much...but I don't like to feel a certain bias coming out of posts ....both Crank and yourself could have been more open in stating your affiliations. Your call thou'...

I don't think its good enough to discredit the census data like the way you have...unless you are falling into the same kind of mistake you have accused Zoe and myself of.....generalising and not providing adequate resources. However...I don't mind an opinion....and I read that in yours...the census data is silly..okay - best you not refer to any of it yourself..or any kind of survey or research. Okaay. *grins*

Personally thou'....I don't accept the chrisitian as being an 'authority' of christianity...so I'm treating you the same way...as jews.

other than that...I don't have a problem

just curious.....why come on a 'ex christian' site?...I've also read here that you or Crank identify as a Baptist...........?

what the fuck is that...?

so what if I'm Jewish? Even T.S. Eliot said that a few Jews of the right kind were good for society...

"orthodox" is not "fundamentalist" because the only belief orthodox Jews have to hold is monotheism... all the rest of the religion is about doing the correctly prescribed practices (and half of that is gone because there hasn't been a Temple for 2000 yrs.) and the Hebrew language. Orthodox Jews are nothing like the fundamentalists some of us used to be... biblical literalists, eschatological, missionary,

have you even met an Israeli?

What gives..?.

QUOTE(Crunk Bishop @ Aug 17 2006, 04:29 PM)

it took me about two years to fully stop having those sorts of doubts about being wrong in leaving Christianity and i was conditioned to thinking in such a fundy way. It's just everywhere and there is alot of social pressure. i flirted with "liberal" christianity for awhile, but eventually dropped the whole thing as a historical sham.

:scratch:click here

I don't believe anyone can own land either. I believe it's entirely a fucking hoax, propagated and part of the borg collectivist mentality that says everybody's gotta be owning shit. Now don't get me wrong i'm not a communist, i'm not against private ownership...but DIRT? That's just fucked up. Paying money for LAND, something you cannot move, or take with you anywhere, In my opinion is retarded, of course i'll jump on the land ownership bandwagon cause you can't just squat anywhere, you either gots to rent or buy. Thems the rules.

Okay well if you move the dirt is it land anymore? If you quarry it out for minerals or building materials is it land anymore? It's not the same after you plow it up and erect buildings and stuff on it. That's where the property rights thing comes in. You own the land like you own your car, you have a right to use your car however way you need to. You have a right to own the land and do it with it what you see fit.

In the case of the Israelis, they fought and won a war for that land. So they established the their own government to rule over that land and provided equal protection of rights to everyone. Which is why Israel is the best country in the region, it's alot freer and respects the rights of it's people. Israel has been attacked by basically everyone in the region and has won every war. The territories that it occupies are basically territories that they won in those wars and the agreements afterward. Like Snookums said, the Jews just want Israel, and giving the fact that ever single one of their neigbors (beside Saudi Arabia I think) has attacked them, they have a good reason to be very defensive with those terroritories and what little land they actually do have.

And you see the concept of land ownership is a very good thing. It's usually decided on things like contracts between people that the courts and governments enforce. Without this anyone can come on your land and kill you and take it, and you would get chaos. Land ownership protects you from crazy people like that. :grin:

And it's far far from a collectivist mentality. The Soviets had a collectivist mentality about property rights and land ownership and look where that got them.

snookums,

yeah, i converted to judaism a couple of years ago.

what business is that of yours???? i'm sure i was a better christian than you, too. at least a brighter one.

so yeah, i met a jew or two. i also read a couple of books along the way. i've even been to Israel.

and i get sick when i see people talkin' shit about "the Jews" and their so-called Zionist conspiracies about occupying "the land." Most Jews in Israel don't even believe in God, much less this "promised land."

In two days it'll be three years that I've been a member of Ex-C, and in that time I've done battle so many times, here, alongside very few others, against what seems to me to be an inexplicable animosity against Jews, Judaism, Israel.

I've tried to guess why there's such pronounced Jew-hatred here. Is it because Judaism is seen to be, and blamed for being, the parent of the death-based religion of xianity -- even though the also-death-based religion of Islam reviles its Jewish parent for "loving life too much"? Is it because Judaism has not, as a body, rejected xianity as being the devil-child that sprung, unbidden, from its hapless loins? Not screamed from every promontory that xianity has killed its parent in nearly every form, every land, every century, since xianity's beginning?

What's in it for those among us who've suffered through our lives as xians to bludgeon a people/religion/nation which has also, maybe more stoically than any one of us, suffered at the hands of xians? Sure, Jews and Israel have done wrong and wrong-headed things, but what people or nation that's more than one hour old hasn't? Why are the attacks so out of proportion when compared to our outrage at other wrongs in the world?

What is the wellspring of this insatiable battering -- here -- of all places?

Seriously, pitchu. Where have you seen hatred for jews in this thread?

Shiva, I think your question misses my point, which was broader than any particular statement by any particular person on this particular thread, though I think this thread also carries some of what I mention below.

Imo, one doesn't have to link to Nazi poster-art of hook-nosed rats racing through the sewers of Berlin in order to display a disproportionate animosity to Jews/Judaism/Israel (though, as you know, links to holocaust-denial sites have been posted previously, in order to support what I'm referring to as "Jew-hatred").

Special targeting, with snideness, smugness, presumption, cliqueishness, dismissiveness, hyper-defensiveness, selective memory, selective quoting, thinly-disguised fear, and/or heightened emotionalism, among other things, are elements I've seen recur, for three years, in the Jewish-oriented threads on this site, the number of which threads must outweigh, by far, threads on all other real or imagined, historical or contemporary, outrages of peoples against peoples.

Do I think this adds up to "hatred"? I can't think of a better word or phrase to describe it, but I'll take your cue. Maybe "sinister preoccupation" or "desperate vengefulness" or "hair-trigger band-wagoning" whatever -- it's something unique to matters Jewish.

And my post asks, "Why here? Why, when Jews and Ex-C'ers share and have shared so much at the hands of a common oppressor?"

That's what the liberal, jew-run media wants you to think. Zionist shill! To the pork mines with you, and no sack lunch!

Contrary to popular belief, Jews only run 80% of the media.

Contrary to popular belief, Jews only run 80% of the media.

:scratch: (I think it was tongue-in-cheek comments from both of you, but I still want to open this can of worms)

There's a difference between running a corporation and owning it. Almost all of the media corporations a publicly owned (on the stock market, like NASDAQ, NYSE etc.) Except for the companies the Moonies own, and they're not Jews, but wacko Christians.

The biggest owners of corporations are multi-billion-dollar mutual funds, and run by agnostics, atheists, jews, christians, etc..., and they that don't care about who runs the company they invest in, as long as it show nice numbers on the charts. And most of the time the people that run the companies are not owners of the same companies.

Is there any way of getting true numbers on claims like this? Any links to some trustworthy data? I don't think that information really exists, because it is based on beliefs just like religion, and not rational thinking.

Here's a link to a graphical presentation of the Big Ten of media: http://www.thenation.com/special/bigten.html

Can someone give me that name of the company/companies that is owned and run by Jews? I'm seriously curious.

And while we're at it, I'd like to get the names of the Banks that are owned and run by Jews too, because I'd like to dig into those companies and see who the majority owners are.

I don't believe in "land ownership" either. Either way, we get screwed, though.....

Because in the US, if you live in one of these shiny plastic new housing developments that spread suburbia like a cancer ever further into the shrinking natural landscape (like the shit suburbs I was brought up in), the builders and developers really fuck you over on your lot.

First of all, you don't "own" your land, at least not as much as you think you do. It's actually owned by the corporation (everybody's favorite American rapists). They will, however, charge you for the land anyway. Their first step is to totally peel off any good soil on the land. This, besides doing wonders for the enviroment, not only depletes the land's value but gives them thousands of bags of nice rich topsoil to sell to nurseries, who will then sell it to you when you move in and need it. For a markup, of course. Then you have to agree with contract that if you find any miraculous oil (Texas tea), gold, minerals, or other such valuable material on "your" land, it belongs to the corporation to exploit.

So land ownership is just a pain in the ass. I don't believe "owning" land by either person or corporation should be supported.

Not that I don't believe in privacy or pretty English gardens. I think if you build a fence so graffiti artists and Jehovah's Witnesses leave you alone, you're in the clear. I don't believe in digging up some farmer's carefully furrowed fields because you want to put a pool in. It's just that right now, we have air rights - air rights!! - which proves that this whole natural-resource-ownership thing is going just a teeny-weeny bit too far.

For that matter, I can't understand why I'm charged for using water. IMO, water should be free, since it is a resource no human can live without. My government, instead of providing itself with taxes to build weapons of mass destruction in order to intimidate other countries into not doing the same, should be spending them on providing free water for its citizens.

And you know what? How about free food, too. The government could take all the money it spends on the military and use it to give every American healthy, basic food, like bread, oranges, apples, broccoli, etc. If we want Cheetos or powdered donuts, that should come out of our own pockets. That would prove that the government does, in fact, feel that the health and well-being of its citizens is important, and further, make bad-for-you food more expensive, rather than the direct opposite, which is, quite obviously, what we have now.

THANK YOU PITCHU!!!

I don't understand it either. Being against Israel politically is fine, but people often equate Israel with "the Jews" and then confuse the Jews with some "Old Testament" narrative that maybe only 10% of Jews actually still believe.

But I also get the feeling that many people in this forum have equated any form or kind of religion with fundamentalism or "legalism," so maybe it's not as "anti-Jewish" as it seems and is simply anti-religion or anti-tradition.

BTW

For those of you out there who doubt my "ex christian credibility" or have questions about my religious identity... read my testimony.

There's a difference between running a corporation and owning it. Almost all of the media corporations a publicly owned (on the stock market, like NASDAQ, NYSE etc.) Except for the companies the Moonies own, and they're not Jews, but wacko Christians.

The biggest owners of corporations are multi-billion-dollar mutual funds, and run by agnostics, atheists, jews, christians, etc..., and they that don't care about who runs the company they invest in, as long as it show nice numbers on the charts. And most of the time the people that run the companies are not owners of the same companies.

Is there any way of getting true numbers on claims like this? Any links to some trustworthy data? I don't think that information really exists, because it is based on beliefs just like religion, and not rational thinking.

Here's a link to a graphical presentation of the Big Ten of media: http://www.thenation.com/special/bigten.html

Can someone give me that name of the company/companies that is owned and run by Jews? I'm seriously curious.

And while we're at it, I'd like to get the names of the Banks that are owned and run by Jews too, because I'd like to dig into those companies and see who the majority owners are.

Hans, I have to dispute this a bit. Yes corporations are legally owned by stock holders, but this does not mean that the power is still not held in the hands of but a few, or that the media has only an agenda of making money. Leaving the Jewish question aside for a moment, as it has no relevance here, this video outlines well how the media does in fact have an agenda: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=19...tions&hl=en