Goodbye Jesus

Biblical Errancy EXPOSED!

Fweethawt

I don't know how old this article is.

It's just something that I had here

in my personal archives. :twitch:

A Lesson In Taking the Bible Too Literally

by Bernard Katz

A man who cut off his hand because he thought it was possessed by the devil and then refused to allow surgeons to reattach it, is suing the hospital and doctors over the loss of the hand.

Thomas W. Passmore claims doctors at the Sentara Norfolk General Hospital in Virginia should have taken action to overrule his decision.

According to the lawsuit, the 32-year-old construction worker while on the job thought he saw the number "666" on his hand and believed it to be the sign of the devil. Obeying the biblical instruction "If thy right hand offend thee, cut it off," Passmore sliced off his hand with a circular saw.

At the hospital, he told doctors not to reattach it. His suit contends that he also told them he had mental problems and argues that they should have overruled his wishes.

It's a wonder he's not also suing the construction company for having the saw there in the first place!

Well no shit he's got mental problems. Looks like Christianity may be a part of it. Oooh, I know, maybe he should pray to get it regenerated. Oh, wait, that doesn't work, I forgot.

To quote my mother: If you're stupid, you pay for it.

Natural selection in action.

Perhaps next time his penis will cause him to sin and ......

• 5 weeks later...

ROFL

What an idiot.

Natural selection in action.

Perhaps next time his penis will cause him to sin and ......

Heck, I'm already wondering if he severed his "dominant" hand.....

If so, there won't be much he can do about his naughty penis without a partner! :HaHa:

Could Christians please make up their minds? Are they in favor of civil rights or not?!

Sorry pally. Civil rights are too important, and when you decided that you didn't want your hand, you exercised your right to refusal. We're not going to open the door to have doctors override patient decisions.

Bet in a few years he'll be running for first place for the Darwin award. :wacko:

This level of stupidity or mental disease or mental weakness or any combination of these deserves our...

...decision to remain in the fight against an institution that promotes the teachings from a book that would recommend such garbage as the plucking out of the eye which looks in the "wrong" direction or the cutting off of the hand which did a "naughty" thing!!!

I have to say that stupidity really offends me but good grief!!! Surely God would know that stupid people take nearly everything literally. How could he have ever "inspired" the Holy Scriptures which forgot to take this into account?

Wasn't there a movie made about this already? Some fool in a mask with a chainsaw?

Da Grate Proffit Bugs Bunny siad it best: "Whadddamaroon!!!!"

n