Goodbye Jesus

Hitler Was Not A Christian!

Warrior_of_god

As for the Horst Wessel Song I also have a translation wich doesn't match yours even remotly.

The translator I used probably screwed up...id translate it myself but i know about 5 words of German.

That being said have you ever heard of Hitler's Children? Women were encouraged to breed with memebers of the SS and some were even rewarded medals.

Yes yes yes, but Himmler rescinded that order after the SS men and their wives gave him hell.

Since christianity is based upon being "saved by grace through faith, not of works", then your actions have NOTHING to do with your faith.

Of course actions affect faith. So your saying a Christian can go out, murder someone, and still be a good Christian?

And Hitler clearly referred to the biblegod and Jesus in a positive light in Mein Kampf. Let's see....Hitler burned down synagogues, but left christian churches open and even went to a few of them.

Have you read nothing of what i have said so far? Mein Kamph was a public statement, not just a book. He HAD to appeal to the German masses and one good way of doing that is to appeal to their religion. What did the Christians do when they saw the Pagen Germans worshiping trees? They assymilated the idea and said "Look! We do it too!."

It may well have been that Hitler was far too powerful for the Catholic Church to consider such a bold move against him.

Yes he was and dont forget, he had Italy too, thus the Chruch was surrounded. He also had a bunch of Bishops and Cardinals sympathetic to his cause: ODESSA.

Sources of that song and many more:

http://www.trinitysem.edu/journal/4-3/3_Sc...NS_%20FINAL.htm

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/imt/nca/nca-06/nca-06-3751-ps <----- is a document translated from the DIARY OFTHE GERMAN MINISTER OF JUSTICE

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/imt/tgmwc/tgmwc...14-138-09.shtml <------ Excerpt: Will you agree that your people were singing it (the song) in 1933, 1934 and 1935 to the extent that, when clerics objected, they were prosecuted by authorities for interfering and criticising? That is how important it was.

I don't know that it's necessarily true the Vatican would have excommunicated him for any less-than-blatantly-obvious heresy. It may well have been that Hitler was far too powerful for the Catholic Church to consider such a bold move against him.

I think that most problems with the Catholic Church rise from what they don't do rather than what they do. When I was looking for data in the discussion in the other thread, I found plenty of complaints against the RCC to have been inactive or not outspoken about things like wars, genocide etc.

That said, I agree with you and the others who have posted here in saying that it's ridiculous to make a positive assertion either way on the state of Hitler's personal belief in and adherence to Christianity. An individual's beliefs are ultimately personal, something only they can know and others can only speculate about.

Exactly. We can't say if someone was this or that because of what they did. Like I said in the other thread: if he wasn't Christian because he was evil, well then he wasn't anything else either because of the same reason. So we end up with Hitler being everything and nothing. Maybe he didn't exist?

From this discussion I think I know a little more what Hitler did though. I suspect that he was Christian at first, and slowly mixed in more and more of other beliefs. And in the end he was against Christianity. I suspect this happened of the same reasons that he hated the Jews. He blamed others for problems and conflicts in the world. After he killed so many Jews and started to lose the war, he probably felt even God was against him. He thought God and Nature would be on his side when he killed the Jews, and realized that it wasn't like that. Then he probably started to blame next group he could find, the Christians and his own childhood faith. I suspect he was extremely paranoid. Especially after all those assassination attempts. And paranoid people always blame everyone else for their own failures.

He brought food and respect back to Germany...unfortunately he also had his own agenda...

Oh well, my grandparents indeed were better off for a while after the bastard rose to power. Too bad that it was all based on drowning the nation in debts. Well, either that or steal the bucks you need from your neighbors.

Wait a moment. :scratch:

I suspect he was extremely paranoid.

Indeed he was, he had people killed without any proof of their guilt of doing anything wrong.

I suspect he was extremely paranoid.

Indeed he was, he had people killed without any proof of their guilt of doing anything wrong.

Yup. Like many rulers before him. Saddam Hussein was doing the same. And Constantine killed his wife and child from similar suspicious nature (IIRC).