If Xianity Was True, Would You Go Back?

Knightley

Hypothetically speaking, lets say that xianity was true, and there was evidence. Would you go back? I wouldn't, not at all. I couldn't worship such a sadistic god.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• The Paineful Truth

• Knightley

• BTDT

No - according to Xianity, most of my loved ones are burning in Hell™. My brother and sister, who passed away before they were even old enough to make the choice for Jebus are in Hell™. My father will go to Hell™ because he divorced his first wife, my mother (his second) will go to Hell™ because according to Jebus she is an adulterer for marrying him, and I must therefore be a bastard, so I'm going to Hell™ too.

No one I know actually lives up to the standards of Jebus in the NT. Few believe in him with any real zeal, so they are "lukewarm" and will go to Hell™. All my ancestors who lived before the Xian era will go to Hell™ because they didn't believe in Jebus. And any ancestor who didn't do a good enough job of believing and impressing Jebus is in Hell™ too, suffering for nothing.

No, I would not go back. Jebus can go fuck himself, real or not.

If the god of Xianity was real I would not bow before him. I would defy him with every fiber of my being. I wasted enough of my life worshipping that tight-ass sadist. If he did create me then it is his fault I am the way I am. Fuck that free will shit. Let that bastard worship me.

I wouldn't go back either. I got set up to fail at christianity.

Besides, I already have dibs on the karoke machine in Hell.

If christianity were true, then I could ask for anything in prayer and get it -- no questions asked.

I would pray for the nonexistence of hell, and the nonexistence of heaven as described in the bible.

So, in short, if christianity were true, and I became a believer, the result would make christianity nonexistent.

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

If it turned out to be true I'd just repent on my deathbed and say the crappy little prayer right before I died and get that sonuvabitch on a technicality with his own legal mumbo jumbo. I don't care how boring heaven might be, it's gotta be better than anything in a lake of fire.

Something tells me that those of you who think you might stand defiantly before the monstrous god of the OT aren't really being honest with yourselves. If the whole of that world turned out to be true, regardless of the crippling dismay and disgust I'd necessarily feel, I'd also feel an inescapable survival instinct that would probably make me lick Jesus's taint to stay outta hell. I guess I'm not as tough and principled as some.

I left christianity while believing Jesus and the bible were real. So probably not. If I did go back I'd be a universalist or something since I don't believe in hell at all.

If it turned out to be true I'd just repent on my deathbed and say the crappy little prayer right before I died and get that sonuvabitch on a technicality with his own legal mumbo jumbo. I don't care how boring heaven might be, it's gotta be better than anything in a lake of fire.

Something tells me that those of you who think you might stand defiantly before the monstrous god of the OT aren't really being honest with yourselves. If the whole of that world turned out to be true, regardless of the crippling dismay and disgust I'd necessarily feel, I'd also feel an inescapable survival instinct that would probably make me lick Jesus's taint to stay outta hell. I guess I'm not as tough and principled as some.

I never bought the idea that hell was a lake of fire. I think they put that in the bible to scare the flock. The best definition of hell that I heard was from the movie "The Prophecy". In it Lucifer describes hell as having all of gods creations taken from you; in essence, being in a void. Having gods creations taken from me before used to bother me but I have changed since then. If nothing else, my mind would draw in upon itself and I would go insane and not realize where I was.

If christianity were true, then I could ask for anything in prayer and get it -- no questions asked.

I would pray for the nonexistence of hell, and the nonexistence of heaven as described in the bible.

So, in short, if christianity were true, and I became a believer, the result would make christianity nonexistent.

Good point; if Xianity were true, then I could get anything I asked for in prayer.

I'd simply pray that Hell™ be eliminated and all the souls within rehabilitated. I'd also pray my gods into existence and pray Jebus™ out of existence. Shit, I'd make myself a god, too.

Top of the world, ma!

No I like the devil and living in sin better :lmao:

Besides no one I know will be in heaven anyway everyone says the whole worlds going to hell so all that'd be there is jesus and we'd be sitting their twiddling our thumbs bored.

Shiva and JP bring up good points, what if it was true? That would suck, and I would understand if people reconverted and wanted to. Thanks for being honest guys.

Yes, the fear of Hell™ is what keeps most Xians in the fold to begin with. I can understand people saying they'd suck up to Jebus if faced with a fiery lake - that thought kept me (kinda sorta) in line for a little while.

But I'd rather suffer with my loved ones than turn traitor on them and suck Jebus' cock.

Then again, what chances do any of us have of being the 144,000 the NT says will be saved? Couple that with the basic Xian teaching that most of the world is doomed anyway, and we might as well just get used to the fact that if Xianity were true (and we couldn't pray our way out of it like Fwee posited) we're going to have one warm afterlife to look forward to.

Might as well just spit in Jebus' eye and be honest about that.

Top of the world, ma!
Then you would just become a big dick. Then nobody would like you. Then you'd get banned from ExC. And then your life would become hell.

Be careful what you wish/pray for. :scratch:

Top of the world, ma!
Then you would just become a big dick. Then nobody would like you. Then you'd get banned from ExC. And then your life would become hell.

Nah, I'd just pray for universal acceptance, and no one would argue with me.

Jebus said I can!

:HaHa:

Top of the world, ma!

Nah, I'd just pray for universal acceptance, and no one would argue with me.

Jebus said I can!

Sure, you could. If you hadn't already prayed him out of existence, that is. :Hmm:

You're not thinking this stuff through very well, Varokhar. I'm really startin' to think that maybe you are godly material. :scratch:

Hell no, I wouldn't go back. I'd be burning in hell alongside the Dalai Lama and Gandhi and all the other righteous unbelievers. Screw you, Jeebus!

Sure, you could. If you hadn't already prayed him out of existence, that is. :Hmm:

Well, duh :HaHa:

You're not thinking this stuff through very well, Varokhar. I'm really startin' to think that maybe you are godly material. :scratch:

Um, ok :close:

Hypothetically speaking, lets say that xianity was true, and there was evidence.

The answer: I really don't know. I'd be inclined to say no, b/c anything as horrible as mainstream Christianity cannot possibly be real. The idea that such a sadistic deity could exist is unrealistic, IMO.

My question for you: Which denomination????? There is a world of difference b/w the many branches of Christianity.

Hypothetically speaking, lets say that xianity was true, and there was evidence. Would you go back? I wouldn't, not at all. I couldn't worship such a sadistic god.

The problem here would be to define xtianity - I defy anyone to fully explain the whole thing, since the bible is such a mish-mash of contradictions. If it were all true, what would we be looking at? :shrug:

But if you define it as simply 'turn or burn', then that's pretty simple. You either suck up to big G or fry. :ugh:

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

It's all well and good and chivalrous to say you'd burn with your family, but that implies a belief that hell will allow you any communication with the ones you love. Seems counterproductive to me. If indeed the bible is true, then there is no real morality, it's all just an illusion based on the necessity of continued breathing. If god revealed to me that the bible was true and that Jesus was his son, whatelse can you do but bow down to your creator? I have often said that if god were to undeniably reveal himself to me someday he'd have no more ardent supporter as long as I lived. This question is totally moot because none of us here, even amy marie, freeday and that other chode, really believes that the bible could ever really be true. We all know there is no hell. Some of us pretend that we believe in the touchy feely parts of the bible because it quiets the part of our brain that really wants a nice orange capped mushroom, and not a litany of mundane dogmas.

Jesus christ save me! I'm fuckin doomed to hell!

If Christianity was true, I would have discovered it and know it much better, and wouldn't have left it in the first place. The problem was that I discovered that it wasn't true. So the only way it could be true, and I'm certain it is not, is if I'm completely out of my mind right now, and I don't think I am, since I can function on a high level in interaction with my family, people around me and at work, and no one has so far told me I'm crazy. So I can't even see how it would be possible. It's like saying "this statement s false." It's an unsolvable paradox.

-edit-

But let's say that I am crazy, and Christianity is true, and I can't see it because I'm loopy, then still it wouldn't change anything, since I'm to fruity in my head to conceive it anymore. So in such case I probably wouldn't go back of the reason of mental defect.

Yeah, ditto that. An eternity is an eternity and I'd rather live through Groundhog Day than Dante's Inferno any time.

If I did go back I'd be a universalist or something since I don't believe in hell at all.

Ditto. I've been scared off of the Judeo-Christian religions (along with Islam) for the rest of my life, but if I ever did go back, Universalism sounds like the best bet.

But if that wasn't an option...then no. And I do have a few reasons for it:

# I'm bisexual.

# My best friend is Wiccan, and I'm not averse to dipping my toes in that particular pool every now and again.

# I'm a sceptic by nature, in that I believe barely a third of what I hear and two-thirds of what I see.

# I am extremely proud of my gutter mouth.

# I refuse to allow myself to be walked on by anyone, be they male or female - I value my pride too much for that.

If I did reconvert, I'd have to give up all that. And after six years out of the cult, the idea of having to relinquish my sexual, mental and psychological freedom is too frightening to even consider.