Goodbye Jesus

If Xianity Was True, Would You Go Back?

Knightley

I'm just not the kind of person who believes in sucking up, nor would want to turn traitor on my loved ones, regardless of whether or not I could communicate with them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lycorth

• The Paineful Truth

• Knightley

• paloriam

Should it all turn out to be true, spending zillions upon zillions of years prostrate before a big disgusting sadist kissing his ass telling him how wonderful he is, IS my idea of sheer hell. The traditional hell of feeling my skin blister and boil eternally sounds far more interesting, at least, and I'd like to think I'd at least get a wave in to Ghandi and Einstein while I'm shrieking down there in eternal torment.

Or if the hell is the modern kinder gentler hell Christians have far more recently invented, where I'm just supposed to be devastated and hopeless because I'm separated from 'God's goodness', sign me the hell right up.

Top of the world, ma!
Then you would just become a big dick. Then nobody would like you. Then you'd get banned from ExC. And then your life would become hell.

Be careful what you wish/pray for. :scratch:

Nah, I'd just pray for universal acceptance, and no one would argue with me.

Jebus said I can!

:HaHa:

Sure, you could. If you hadn't already prayed him out of existence, that is. :Hmm:

You're not thinking this stuff through very well, Varokhar. I'm really startin' to think that maybe you are godly material. :scratch:

I don't see any problem here. If it didn't work out, we could just start a new website for ex-varokharians. :shrug:

Never. I'd probably consider it for a bit, but in the long run, I would never go back.

Honestly, I would go back just for the insurance policy. True, Bible god sucks, but if he were real I would say, "fuck it....Jesus save me."

I would take the get out of hell free card, sadly...

But I think it's cool. The majority of Christians lead "sinful" lives, and they are still going to heaven(so they say)...So why not me?

But, completely and seriously, if I knew 100% that the biblical God was real I would run back and live my life in abject terror...It is bad enough that I already suffer from acute anxiety disorder...

Never, because then it would mean that hell was real and I could never worship the being who created such a place, even if it meant being tortured there forever. I'd rather worship nothing than worship a tyrant.

... But, completely and seriously, if I knew 100% that the biblical God was real I would run back and live my life in abject terror...

Very honest answer. I think if the choice is between being a slave or suffering eternally, most of us would choose the former -- but only out of a desire to survive with a minimum of pain. It would be a horrible choice.

But, if we removed hell from the equasion and everything else about christianity were true, I wouldn't go back because I would not willingly be associated with bible god.

Wow, tough choice. My kids would be in heaven because their mother is Ms. Fundamentalist Queen of the Universe and they have next to no chance of escaping the clutches of the Bible God. So on the one hand, I would want to be with them despite my despising the Supreme Sadist. The woman that I love on the other hand would be in hell roasting for her many blasphemies as an atheist. I know I wouldn't be able to "be with her" since you're supposedly alone in hell, but I'd hate to do nothing but think about her frying while I was all cozy in heaven.

But the bottom line is this. IF it were all true, even if I WANTED to go back, I couldn't. I've committed the unpardonable sin about a thousand times over since I de-converted. And the Bible God would know my thoughts and know that I was insincere in my "worship" of him and wouldn't allow me in for that reason either. I'm just not able to logically wrap my mind around the necessity of sacrificing your only child for "mankind" and then bringing him back to life afterward. Seems not only idiotic, but ineffectual. When he "rose from the dead" why didn't that just nullify everything the "sacrifice" was supposed to have achieved? He's not dead anymore! What the fuck? My "savior" is an Injun-giver? (Sorry for the racial epithet)

So see, I'm doomed to hell whether it's true or not and whether I wanted to go back or not. I just CAN'T believe.

I WAS being honest. I'd probably end up a gibbering, begging, pathetic mess if I was told I was going to Hell by the big JC himself, but I honestly don't think heaven would ever be an option for me.

Then again, I could be wrong. Since nobody can really agree on what any of the Bible says, one thing is for sure, if Jehovah came down and proved without a doubt the Bible was true, He'd HAVE to straighten a few things out down here. Take it and put it all in plain words, no more of this parable garbage.

No gay sex. Ever. Male or female.

No blood transfusions.

No caffine. Coffee is decaf from now on.

No birth control. You get pregnant for whatever reason, you have it.

No murder. Not even in self defense or war unless you get a memo from on high.

No sex before marriage. Ever.

No shrimp.

Etc.

Then again, after a few thousand years in hell, would you even feel the flames? You'd be so used to it you probably wouldn't even notice it after awhile.

After a couple million years, it would seem normal for everything to be on fire. :shrug:

The real question to ask is which xtianity?

The real question to ask is which xtianity?

Too true :HaHa:

Hypothetically speaking, lets say that xianity was true, and there was evidence. Would you go back? I wouldn't, not at all. I couldn't worship such a sadistic god.

Nah...I don't like christian's .......or the music.

:grin:

or the food, .....or the way christian's fuck! I mean look at Jebuss....what a wanker he was. I'd happily go to a place (hell) where there were NO chrisitian's around.

Don't you love the way chrisitans love to fight over which denomination is the 'true' Chruch.?

I think if ya want to be worshipped....go over to India and go "MoooMoo"

I think if ya want to be worshipped....go over to India and go "MoooMoo"

You mean if you want to get killed right? :Doh:

Guest droskey

I guess that I probably would go back. There is a good case to be made against worshiping a god that throws people in hell. I would have to acknowledge God as being God. However, I don't know that I could love him. If I was required to love God to get into heaven, then I probably couldn't get into heaven.

I often wonder how many Christians are still Christian just to avoid going to hell?

if I were God I would be insulted...That is like buying your friends with money.

I'm dedicated to the Truth, so if Christianity somehow turned out to be true, I'd have to go with it.

But that's not as scarry as it sounds.

For Christianity to be true, it would have to make reasonable sense. Given that about 95% of the Bible contradicts itself, and that there's no evidence for any supernatural event since the Big Bag, rationality's an impossibility as would be any divinely inspired revelation. God would also have to es'plain what this little exercise is all about. If everything is manipulated by God, then we don't have free will, and he could have skipped the last 13 billion years and gone straight to the answers without all our pointless suffering and dying.

Now if God appeared to the whole world at once, gave us a sign like a copy of next week's Wall Street Journal, said that this was the first time He'd ever interfered, that Jesus had most of it right and forget the rest of the Bible except Job, THEN I might consider it--if He blew up the Vatican, the 700 Club and every damn mosque in the world.

Also, He'd have to identify Paul as the anti-Christ.

I'm sorry...I can't even imagine that what the literalists of Christianity say is true, can be true. There is no way it's true. God is not a moron. :-}

I could never go back and worship the bible god again..no way. Like someone else (can't remember who) I have committed the unpardonable sin and it would be impossible for me to come back to christianity for that reason.

I just hope and pray (well not really) that hell does not exist.

I often wonder how many Christians are still Christian just to avoid going to hell?

if I were God I would be insulted...That is like buying your friends with money.

No worse. It's like taking kids money by punching them or threaten them.

God is the school's play-ground bully.

I've come to the conclusion that even if there is some sort of heaven there is still no hell. God, being omnipotent and all those other omni-s would have to listen to all that wailing and gnashing of teeth throughout eternity. How could you relax. No, I think even Hitler was just flushed down the toilet of oblivion--at his own request, after being placed in the undeniable light of Truth..

Hell is the invention of the manipulator priests. Seems like cattle prods were invented long before Ben Franklin discovered electricity.

What is a way you could know it was true?

No Fucking way would I go back. :angry: The church leaders today are the same as the pharises were in the bible.

I could never go back and worship the bible god again..no way. Like someone else (can't remember who) I have committed the unpardonable sin and it would be impossible for me to come back to christianity for that reason.

That's what I hate about the bible, there are these little loopholes and conditions to meet. I had a friend who tried so hard to believe, he really did, and just couldn't. Its just one of those things, so what do you do in a situation like that?! No matter what you do the bible god just can't be pleased. Even as a xian I just had a hard time believing that I was going to heaven even though I had gone through the motions and said the prayers.

I know its hard, we've been there, try not to stress yourself out about hell, you don't want to live in fear for the rest of your life. Hopefully you can stick around over here and if you need help, we're here. :)