Goodbye Jesus

Expansion On Phrases That Make You Gag!

Johnny Smith

There are so many I don't know where to start. But this is one that I really dislike:

" God will provide " :repuke:

Yeah, I hate that one too.

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.

"It was Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden, not Adam and Steve!"

I hate this one, too. They think they're being clever when they say this. Maybe some of these vile-mouthed homophobic Christians should step in the shoes of a gay man/woman and and see just how bad they have it sometimes.

"God bless America"-Apparently, this country is the only country worthy enough of God's blessings.

"Support President Bush and our troops"

"Thank God for Jesus!" (used as a car sticker)

"There's a god shaped hole you're trying to fill."

fucking pretension, assuming bastards...

Guest Lost in Translation

I just got a call out of the blue from my best friend in college who lead me to the lord. We lost touch after I attended her wedding where - even as a Christian - I thought she went overboard with her fundamentalism (not wanting dancing for example - her heathen mother insisted on a DJ).

Anyway she ended our reacquaintance after 13 years by saying,

"One more thing I wanted to ask you....Do you have a church home and are you still walking with Jesus?"

(there's two)

And when I said no, I didn't and that I wasn't a Christian anymore,

"Remember that Jesus loves you still and has never forgotten you even if you have forgotten him".

UGH!!

Some others:

Via this best friend all those years ago: "As a Christian, you shouldn't be getting so depressed anymore". :nono: I also remember feeling that Christians were almost visibly repulsed by people who did have real emotional (as well as other) struggles. They couldn't understand why.

"Lord, I pray for the angels to surround this (person, car, house, event)..."

"Satan (or evil spirit), I bind you in the name of Jesus".

"Lord, may you GROW (her or him) in your light (way, truth, etc.)"

"I rebuke these evil thoughts in the name of Jesus".

Or to a fellow human that has pissed off the Christian, "I rebuke you" (it's like the Christian f-you)

"I have a picture" (a vision on some random thing, like an apple, which somehow applies to the prayer subject

"I feel the Lord is telling me..."

"I was spiritually attacked". How many people did *you* know in charismatic circles that were attacked spiritually?

"Confusion is not from the Lord". Said to any depressed Christian in emotional turmoil along with "I'll pray for you". Therefore anytime you're confused you're under spiritual attack.

I am so glad I have seen the true light and am freed from this evil cult. :Wendywhatever:

I really hate...

"Thank you god for this food..."

Look, I am the one who busted my ass earning this measly pay check so I could put food on the table...

Thank me for the goddamn food!