Goodbye Jesus

I Need Names Of Great Artist

KT45

I haven't gotten into art in a long time but I long to get back into it. Thing is that I want to be inspired by other great artist. The type of art I'd like is the type that is so realistic that it almost appears like a photograph. If you know any artist like this can you please post them. Painters, pencil, charcoal, digital, comic art etc may apply. It also doesn't have to be realistic but still very talented.

One artist I like is in the avatar of our very own pandora. Boris Vallejo. I looked more at his art once I saw it on pandora's avatar and it's very inspiring to me.

0701gv.jpg

Any artist even remotely near this guys I would love to have

Trust me, I'm no very good at all. But I just love setting goals for myself. I would love to see where I could be at in 5 or 10 years. I'll try to take classes after college to get better or start ordering books. I just do weak sketches now. When I get better I might post some.

Thanks!!!

I like Thomas Kinkade, some of his art is pretty cool. Yeah I know he's marketed towards the xian masses a lot, but he is a good artist. Don't know if he would interest you or not, but as a fellow artist keep drawing and keep practicising at your art. Don't give up. :)

I've always been in love with Gustave Moreau. It's not really "realistic" but his rendition of "Oedipus and the Sphynx" can hold me captivated for hours and is my all time favorite painting.

If you like Fantasy or Furry art, there is Golden Wolf, whome I like very much.

Here is Heise's Gallery, a very talented game artist from China.

And Tracy Butler, another video game artist from the states.

And if you want to get into digital painting, which is something I'm just starting to practice more myself, here is Photoshop Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts for Digital Painting.

Guest Cerebral Stasis

Excellent art submissions, people. It's truely inspiring how much talent some people have.

I'm a pretty big fan of Almacan, myself. His work is pretty abstract, but it enters a steampunk/grunge genre that I love, as well as being astoundingly detailed. His latest piece of work is Automation:

automatonbyalmacanqy2.jpg

One artist I love is Howard David Johnson. His level of realism is so great it's almost like a photograph. I swear I could practice constantly for 40 years and still never reach his level. He is one drawing he made from a photograph.

Grace-ooo1_copy.jpg

If you're looking for sci-fi and fantasy art, I suggest looking on the digital art sites online.

If you're looking for sci-fi and fantasy art, I suggest looking on the digital art sites online.

Such as..... :dumbo:

Here are a few names that are in the Erotic Fantasy and Pin-Up vein.

I would provide links, but since alot of this art is of an adult nature...

I'll leave the searching up to you.

Hajime Sorayama

Dorian Cleavenger

Olivia De Berardinis

Luis Royo

Carlos Cartagena

Drew Posada

Thanks Barnacle Bill!!!

here is a Luis Royo one

MPP50037-Luis-Royo~Luis-Royo-Delor-Posters.jpg

I think I like Julie Bell a little more. Although she and Boris are married, and their styles closely resemble each other, for the discerning eye of an artist (me) who is also interested in photorealism, I think she does more stuff to my liking.

Also, there is an amateur art archive called Elfwood. It's mostly fantasy and sci-fi, but you can do a specific search for just about anything within the genres you want, including photorealism.

I'm a big fan of Dali. I have a great appreciate for art, and some talent as well (ceramics) but I am not too aware of very many artists.

This is a poor quality image, but one of the Dali paintings I like. :)

http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~silver_p/Art/Dali/...int-anthony.jpg

Such as..... :dumbo:

Do you know how to use Google? I don't know all the sites out there, but Google should help you find some.

The one I submit my stuff to is called Caedes.net. It's basically a desktop background site. It is family friendly, so you're not going to find erotic stuff there, but there is some quality computer generated art, among other things.