Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

The point is that you can't prove God. God is unprovable. I state this plainly. I do not intend to prove the existence of God.

BTW - I understand Atheistm quite well. I also understand that Atheists prefer to define Atheism to their own liking. The only commonality among Atheists is that they believe that there is no God. This is a negative belief. You cannot build upon a negative belief and therefore are required to belief nothing or anything you want.

Athesits can have morals if they want, or not have morals if they don't want. They can believe in evolution or believe they came from aliens. Atheism doesn't constrain you to hold to any other positions. That is why it is a position for the weak. You aren't required to defend what you believe becaue you aren't constrained to believe anything.

This board is about attacking and mocking people who believe in something so don't give me the lecture about serious discussion. Mocking God and the Bible and people who believe something doesn't qualify as serious discussion.

BTW... some say the Truth needs no defense... as it defends itself.

Defend it against mocking? LOL. If it comes under any actual attack let me know.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Religious people are lazy, because they can't think for themselves, but need a book and teachers to know what to do, think and believe.

Religious people are lazy, because they can't think for themselves, but need a book and teachers to know what to do, think and believe.

So not reponding to your tripe = lazy. I acan see where this is going. I assumed the reason you didn't repond to my points was because you didn't understand them.

Atheist logic:

Athiests mock God;

Therefore there is no God.

Now that requires a lot of thought.

I don't mock God, but I do mock people living in the delusion of such a belief.

And your logic is faulty.

No one has ever claimed

P1) Atheists mock God

C) Therefor God doesn't exist.

It's missing at least one more premise.

It's not a complete syllogism, it needs either one major or one minor premise, or the inference can't be made.

Hmm... (Inspecto) *------------------|______________________|-----------------* (the point)

The big gap in the middle? Yeah, that's where you stepped off the edge of "logic" and took a nosedive...

...Wait, you're just here to make the Christians look like idiots, aren't you?

Lady says-

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah you're and idiot blahblahblahblahblah.

Good point. I hear name calling is prized highly in the Atheistic debating tactics. :)

Good point. I hear name calling is prized highly in the Atheistic debating tactics. :)

Except I never specifically called you an idiot.

Hooray for trying to lie when my words are right above yours, though. Nice try.

Hey Hans-

You think that God doesn't exist because you mock Him and think my logic is faulty. :rollin

Now that's precious.

Just a quick note. You say atheist don't have a leg to stand on cause they believe in nothing concerning gods or god or goddess. They merely believe it doesn't exist. Now if I as an atheist don't believe that there is a god and you come up to me saying there is a god, then to me you are defending nothing as well. let me explain

If you say "I believe in God"

and I personally believe god=nothing

then all you are saying to me is "I believe in nothing"

To me you are defending nothing just as I am defending nothing.

You can say my logic is flawed but let me ask you this. Do you believe Allah is the one true god?

If not then you believe that

Allah=nothing

So if someone comes up to u and says "I believe in Allah"

All you hear is "I believe in something that is fake and not true"

therefore you use the same logic as us. If you debate a person who believes in a different god then you and you reject it because in your mind it doesn't exist.

We are all atheist. I just take it one god further than you.

I hope you stick around with an open mind.

:eek:

Hold on a minute... what if I don't want InspectoGeneral to stick around with me. :lmao:

so because some people propose a belief, base it all on assumption, then devote their lives to it they're strong. and anyone who rejects its absurd conclusion is weak.

i dont think you poeple get it that we know your level of consciousness, but you havent yet seen ours. grow up. oh wait you cant because you still put yourself in shackels of someone else baseless proposition. and then defend it to death, for what.

you came to the concept of bible god because someone told you about it, in some way shape or form . you accepted without question like all of us at one time, but you have yet to entertain the idea that its not true. you cant prove it...either way. you have this faith complex, and never ask yourself the hard questions; am i simply afraid, am i proving something to myself for this unrelenting faith....am i just that arrogant to think i couldnt be wrong. remember tool you reject tons of gods. define a god and a reasonable person will clearly show you you're wrong.

its clear once you step out of infancy to the cold harsh reality that you dont know shit about shit. that take courage. you deserved to be mocked, your a grown man that believes stories barely more feasable than santa claus.

i guess you like wallowing in shit though. why dont you search for truth instead of salvation from an illlusion of persectution.

you have a disease, like an alcoholic once you understand this you can begin to recover.

(yeah i realise my post is repetative and pointless, i cant help myself..its just soo fun)

Seems like so many other fundies who have come to this forum mistakenly thinking this is atheists.org, rather than exchristian.net, and it is evident that since they can't read very well, they don't do a lot of it. Otherwise, they would have read enough here to understand that the majority of board members once believed the same twaddle they profess.

The difference is we actually read the bible and studied it very carefully, and we did not limit our research to one-sided apologists but also took into account the history and socio-political culture that affected what went into the bible over the centuries it was created. People like IG don't want to debate -- they merely come here to hurl a few insults and thereby show off their christian luv™ -- because they know they can't stand up to having their beliefs challenged in the light of educated research and rational thought.

Not that I'm saying fundies are stupid; I prefer to let the facts speak for themselves.

Making huge assumptions about people they've never met seems to be a highly prized debating tactic amongst the literalist fundametalists that come in here.

So far ... you're on track with the majority of fundys....

Interesting assumption about someone you've never met.

BTW - I have met enough Athesits to know their modus operandi. Of course generalizations rarely apply to Atheist as there is no underlying belief.

Here is what you are missing, in your ignorance and bliss: Atheists do not have a belief in any god(s). If you don't see the difference, well that just makes you ordinary. And that's a compliment.

Maybe the Atheist community could get together and decide what they are. They all have a diffent definition, as though they can't even agree what an Atheist is.

It's not an assumption when it's right under our noses.

BTW - I have met enough Athesits to know their modus operandi. Of course generalizations rarely apply to Atheist as there is no underlying belief.

Considering how few atheists there are in the US, compared to the number of Christians and other religious folk, I highly doubt that you've met many at all.

Here is what you are missing, in your ignorance and bliss: Atheists do not have a belief in any god(s). If you don't see the difference, well that just makes you ordinary. And that's a compliment.

Maybe the Atheist community could get together and decide what they are. They all have a diffent definition, as though they can't even agree what an Atheist is.

I think the same could be said for all the different sects of Christianity.

:scratch: Well. Question? Could it be possible they have different opinions in the constant defense of there status, religiously?

I mean, seriously. Everyones on a different level of thought with whatever they believe, or dont believe. Maybe you provoke them a little to providing variety. Just a thought.

Hey Hans-

You think that God doesn't exist because you mock Him and think my logic is faulty. :rollin

Now that's precious.

Huh?

You're making a strawman argument based on an assumption, and that's your evidence that we must be wrong about God's existence?

You asked if your logic was correct, and I say it isn't.

No one have ever said that God doesn't exist because Atheists mock God.

It's non sequitur, it doesn't follow. And more so, is it even an argument? Is it a question? Is it a statement?

We could argue however if there is a truth value to following argument:

P1) If God exists, then he can not be mocked

P2) Atheists mock God

C) Hence God can not exist.

Then at least we have something to work on. (btw, P1 is non sequitur here too, it's an assumption.)

Not an assumption at all, just a casual observation.

Let's see, you've been on the board about 1 day - you've posted around 9 times. Following are some of your words....

"Atheism is for the weak" (Give us concrete proof please - not your assumptions - concrete verifiable proof that "atheism is for the weak".

Athiest logic.

I mock God, therefore there is no God.

If you actually knew atheists as fellow human beings you would know they do not come to the conclusion that there is no God by mere mockery.

This board is about attacking and mocking people who believe in something so don't give me the lecture about serious discussion. Mocking God and the Bible and people who believe something doesn't qualify as serious discussion

Huge assumption here ... InspectoGeneral

1st this board has many members who are something other than Atheist. I myself am Christian, I do believe in a God and a lot of other things. The Atheists on this board disagree with my belief but we are able to co-exist quite nicely, thank you very much. In addition, over the many months I've been on this board I've participated in some very serious and fascinating discussions about spirituality. This board is about two things.

1. Supporting people who have decided to leave Christianity.

2. The expectation that people involved in discussion THINK.

If you don't qualify in one of those two areas - then you will find yourself in the hot-seat. It has nothing to do with "mocking God". It has everything to do with your willingness to THINK about your position and willingness to be supportive of other people in their decisions - even if you don't understand their decisions.

Atheist logic:

Athiests mock God;

Therefore there is no God.

Now that requires a lot of thought.

You're getting a bit repetitive, InspectoGeneral, how much thought does it require to type the same assumption/insult over and over?

You think that God doesn't exist because you mock Him and think my logic is faulty.

Again - same old, same old, same old... assumption and insult.

Now, you have me here, this isn't an assumption. But... you're missing one minor detail... I'm sure the Atheist community would be happy to get together and define itself when the Christian community can do the same, or the Muslim community, or the Buddhist community, or the Hindu community... get my point.

As I've said ... you're right on track with the majority of other fundys who prance in here claiming they have the whole TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH .... :shrug:

I hope you are not a troll, as someone else has suggested. I hope that you are actually seeking after knowledge. My Very Best to you, in your ignorance and bliss.

First of all. I am definitely a troll.

Second, I can think of no knowledge that one would seek here. The term knowledge indicates that there are things one could be certain of. The only thing that is certain on this board is that nothing is certain. Contradictory?

claiming they have the whole TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH

Are you posting on the right thread?

Here is what I said:

1. Atheists do not BELIEVE that "there is no God."

2. Atheists simply DO NOT HAVE A BELIEF in any god(s).

"A belief that there is no God" is a positive statement.

"No belief in the existence of God" is a negative statement.

Semantics. Not that it matters. Every Atheist argues about what an Atheist is, no matter how you define it.

Hans-

No one have ever said that God doesn't exist because Atheists mock God.

Non sequitur much.

Atheists mock God, Christianity, and people who have beliefs.

Athesits claim that God doesn't exist and people who believe He exists are fools.

If there is no connection, then why do they simply mock? Is it logic or insecurity? You decide.

Give us concrete proof please - not your assumptions - concrete verifiable proof that "atheism is for the weak".

Do you have any knowledge about debate? A person who has no position has nothing to defend. As this board illustrates, there is much attack of those who have beliefs.

Therefore, we can't have a conversation.

I'm sure he would care, if he were actually here to try to have a conversation. He's made it quite clear that he isn't, though.

I have read what ya'll call 'conversations' and am sure you can find someone else to mock. Although, I am moved by your feigned disappointment.

I have read what ya'll call 'conversations' and am sure you can find someone else to mock. Although, I am moved by your feigned disappointment.

You, sir, are a shining example of Christian love. :loser:

That's right, I mocked you. Now your head can get a little bigger.