Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

No, I don't. I think the label that IG applies to everyone (that we are all heathens of some sort) is accurate.

"But InspectoGeneral you are an Atheist too, because you don't believe in Allah!"

That is what I disagree with. He's an islamic heathen because he doesn't believe in Allah....not an atheist.

Don't insult my label, Hans. :HaHa:

Okay, okay. Damn, I just thought it was kind of funny! :)

Don't the Muslims call Christians infidels?

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are too much for me. The furnace has gotten too hot, I must escape. yada yada yada and blah blah blah.

I keep asking you to define your terms,

If you don't understand plain english, I can't help you.

state your motives

My motives are irrelevant.

and make an arguement for your assertion that athiesm is weak.

The fact that you were unable to comprehend my argument doesn't mean that it wasn't made, only that you were unable to comprehend it. Repeating myself wouldn't raise your level of comprehensioin.

You continue to avoid, evade and make irrational baseless assertions and throw out straw man arguements.

The fact that you were unable to comprehend my argument doesn't mean that it wasn't made, only that you were unable to comprehend it. Repeating myself wouldn't raise your level of comprehensioin. There, did that help?

how week is your faith if you care whether people argee with your god idea or not.

ped -

(I don't know if you got the memo, but there is no faith. It doesn't exist, just ask light)

Sometimes you have to answer fools according to their folly. You can't win the unwinnable or convince the unconvincible.

BTW - I just made up unwinnable and unconvincible.

Their minds are open and their hearts are closed. Unfortunate, really. I was hoping to win them with my brash style and unrelenting sarcasm, but to no avail. I have even stooped to humor. HUMOR I TELL YOU, showing that there was no sacrifice I wouldn't make. These people are just blinded by their own unwillingness to see.

See there. Fresh fodder. Now my motives are known. :)

No, You are irrelevant.

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

After a couple more glasses it will be quite easy to be on IG's level.

for all practicle purposes, it is probably harder to come to the descision that there is no God. because if you are wrong, it comes with serous consequences.

Hi freeday, unusually short post for me, but it the opposite could easily be argued from an atheist position. The serious consequences for someone who follows promises and rewards in some unseen afterlife for obedience to some religious rules, has wasted the one and only life they will ever have. I find thinking for myself and determining my own future the height of being alive. Blindly follows others interpretation of ancients writings is sacrificing the freedom of your life for nothing. That I call serious consequences.

The other side of it, it could be argued from another religion that your not getting their only truth right could have serious consequences too. Given all that confusion, I choose the mind I was fortunate enough to be born with over superstions.

Responding to the InspectorGeneral, what the hell kind of argument was that opening post? Your logic is amost too overwhelming for me to know where to begin with. I'll need to get my neighbor's 8 year old grandson over hear to help me know where to begin with a response to your brilliantly crafted logic argument. :lmao:

After a couple more glasses it will be quite easy to be on IG's level.

I meant InfidelGuy...sorry.

You guys are too much for me. The furnace has gotten too hot, I must escape. yada yada yada and blah blah blah.

-------------------------

--------------------------------------

The fact that you were unable to comprehend my argument doesn't mean that it wasn't made, only that you were unable to comprehend it. Repeating myself wouldn't raise your level of comprehensioin.

--------------------------------

The fact that you were unable to comprehend my argument doesn't mean that it wasn't made, only that you were unable to comprehend it. Repeating myself wouldn't raise your level of comprehensioin. There, did that help?

C'mon... I say this guy isn't real. :nono:

Maybe he is an ExC pushing buttons and laughing. He even admitted earlier in this thread he was a troll! No serious person would make assertions about Atheist that are so untrue. I've never even seen an Atheist on here even mock God! :shrug: And this person, IG, dances around all the questions and never even attempts to make a logical assertion for his points.

I hope you are not a troll, as someone else has suggested. I hope that you are actually seeking after knowledge. My Very Best to you, in your ignorance and bliss.

First of all. I am definitely a troll.

My question... who could this really be? :scratch:

Next you'll say that I'm incomprehesible.

Is that any way to treat someone who just arrived??

Ya'll are rude!!!!!!!!

BTW - Hans, you proved quite readily that serious discussion in this place is an utter joke. You are going to mock those who engage you, and then 'question' their sincerity. Nice. Openminded actually tries to have dialoge whith ya'll, but gets mocked like everyone else. So go ahead and have your pity party, the whole world is against you, blah blah blah. Bunch of cry babies.

I've never even seen an Atheist on here even mock God! :shrug:

I'm an atheist, well sometimes. I'll be the first. Look at me I'm GAWD!! I makes people with dirt adn throw them in fire. I'm just a big stupidy stupid thingy.

There now maybe InspectoGeneral can have a logical arguement since he has proof to back his assertion!

ped -

(I don't know if you got the memo, but there is no faith. It doesn't exist, just ask light)

Sometimes you have to answer fools according to their folly. You can't win the unwinnable or convince the unconvincible.

BTW - I just made up unwinnable and unconvincible.

Their minds are open and their hearts are closed. Unfortunate, really. I was hoping to win them with my brash style and unrelenting sarcasm, but to no avail. I have even stooped to humor. HUMOR I TELL YOU, showing that there was no sacrifice I wouldn't make. These people are just blinded by their own unwillingness to see.

See there. Fresh fodder. Now my motives are known. :)

Wait...there was HUMOUR somewhere in your posts?

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. *emo tear*

Flashback. Is there anyone here that has a basic understanding of english and can address the limitations of logic and reason?

Other things that are neither logical or illogical-

Music. Is one song more logical or illogical than another? No. You like one kind of music and someone else like another. I have never met anyone who did not like music.

Art. Is one piece of art more logical than another? Is it more logical to like one piece of art more than another? No. Is the color red more logical than the color blue?

Is hope logical or illogical? Neither.

Is love logical or illogical? Niether.

is faith logical or illogical? Neither.

Logic and reason have their place, but they have limitations.

Burnedouts post isn't about logic. The pain he and his wife feel are very real, but have nothing to do with reason or logic. Unfortunately your logic can't address the pain, but it is real just the same.

I'm an atheist, well sometimes. I'll be the first. Look at me I'm GAWD!! I makes people with dirt adn throw them in fire. I'm just a big stupidy stupid thingy.

There now maybe InspectoGeneral can have a logical arguement since he has proof to back his assertion!

:)Taylork, I thought you were just making fun of the delusional logic in taking that God literally. However, I think that most of the Atheists here are willing to be quite patient with debating fairly reasonable assertions. This is certainly NOT the first thread to address this subject here. And for IG, I don't think this person is really who they pretend to be. Do you really think this is the real person? I say it is someone else... but who?

:god:

Flashback. Is there anyone here that has a basic understanding of english and can address the limitations of logic and reason?

Music. Is one song more logical or illogical than another? No. You like one kind of music and someone else like another. I have never met anyone who did not like music.

Art. Is one piece of art more logical than another? Is it more logical to like one piece of art more than another? No. Is the color red more logical than the color blue?

Burnedouts post isn't about logic. The pain he and his wife feel are very real, but have nothing to do with reason or logic. Unfortunately your logic can't address the pain, but it is real just the same.

Of course logic has limitations. People are emotional beings, and there's really nothing wrong with acknowledging that, and the effect emotional responses have on our ability to reason.

But I will protest that the idea of religion stems from logical or reasonable needs rather than emotional needs, and that seems to be part of what most preachers these days are selling.

Oh and about music and art and things, I would like to throw a metaphorical something into the mix?

Can you call anything music or anything art? The sound of traffic at rushhour...is it music? The whirling guts of goldfish in a blender...is it art?

That bearded man who likes to be nosy about the sexual activities of its creations...is it God?

Did you even read my response to this post?

Next you'll say that I'm incomprehesible.

Is that any way to treat someone who just arrived??

Ya'll are rude!!!!!!!!

BTW - Hans, you proved quite readily that serious discussion in this place is an utter joke. You are going to mock those who engage you, and then 'question' their sincerity. Nice. Openminded actually tries to have dialoge whith ya'll, but gets mocked like everyone else. So go ahead and have your pity party, the whole world is against you, blah blah blah. Bunch of cry babies.

Hey Inspecto I have an arguement for you

Flowers are television.

:)Taylork, I thought you were just making fun of the delusional logic in taking that God literally. However, I think that most of the Atheists here are willing to be quite patient with debating fairly reasonable assertions. This is certainly NOT the first thread to address this subject here. And for IG, I don't think this person is really who they pretend to be. Do you really think this is the real person? I say it is someone else... but who?

:god:

I'm guessin a faker as well. It seems like someone who is mimicing a certian poster who kept saying that all we do is make fun of people and hurt their feelings. They too made some arguements that weren't very well done. I have one or two guesses for who it is, but I won't say.

Can you call anything music or anything art?

You deny that music exists? or art?

What is racket to one person, is music to another. What is junk to one person, is art to another.

My point was simply that logic and reason don't apply to everything.

What is racket to one person, is music to another. What is junk to one person, is art to another.

That was logic.

who kept saying that all we do is make fun of people and hurt their feelings.

LOL. You hurt people's feelings??? You bunch of meanies. Why can't you play nice? I guess being ex- anything makes you mean. That's why there are no ex-Marines, just former marines. Ya'll should try being former Christians, see if that helps.

BTW - Ya'll are morons. Why would anyone care what you said?? This is a MESSAGE BOARD I TELL YOU. A M-E-S-S-A-G-E B-O-A-R-D!!!!!!!!!

Damper -

Follow along.

You posted-

That was logic.

When actually I was pointing out that it wasn't logic. That was my point. I will be holding comprehension classes later this week for Lightman, but you can join in too.

BTW - Ya'll are morons. Why would anyone care what you said?? This is a MESSAGE BOARD I TELL YOU. A M-E-S-S-A-G-E B-O-A-R-D!!!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT TRUE, IT'S NOT TRUE!!!! YOU SPEAK LIES!!!