Goodbye Jesus

Atheism Is For The Weak

InspectoGeneral

Deut-

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the Lions den right?

Yes, it is. But mean is mean and your posts here just turn my stomach.

You are either 'joking' as I said earlier, and IMHO it has gone to far, or you really are some kind of believer in something. Either way, you are full of anger, and no one here that I know of can help you until you are ready to be helped. Someone said that earlier. You are an attention whore and it eats at you like just one more drink eats at an alcoholic.

But if there is a God in Heaven, you will find yourself before you hurt somebody (else).

Either way, I hope that your anger doesn't consume you.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InspectoGeneral

• Amanda

• Ouroboros

• Lightbearer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Notice: I used the word touchee.
Notice: You spelled 'touchee' wrong. :grin:

Darn, you beat me to it! :HaHa:

Inspecto, when are you going to reply to my argument that flowers are television?

When are you going to link this 100 page thread on the atheist site you spoke about?

I do not enjoy being ignored, even if it is on the internet.

stop mocking me stop mocking me...typical so typical *said in my best downsyndrome impression.

Notice: You spelled 'touchee' wrong

LOL. Why, yes, yes I did. Thanks for pointing that out.

Deut-

You think that I am mean, surely you jest, and don't call me Shirley. Unfortunately messge boards don't translate sarcasm well. It is a message board, A MESSAGE BOARD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, after all.

My posts are a mixture of seriousness and sarcasm. I really did answer your question seriously. Unfortunately the mods won't let me edit my post, so the Bwahh is stuck on your thread. Sorry. :(

You did not answer the question about the man born blind, and I was interested in your answer. What sayest thou?

Depends. It's logical for a blind man to believe in colors but you can also see his logic not to believe in colors. It's logical because he percieves that other people can test it and prove it's a fact (unlike god who no one can test). It's possible to see the logic of why he can not believe in colors since he can't test it for himself.

Oh and i'd like to alter this post you gave

Is it logical or illogical to believe in the existence of something you cannot prove? Is it logical or illogical for a man born blind to believe that there are different colors?

Is it logical or illogical to believe in the existence of something you (yourself) cannot prove? Is it logical or illogical for a man born without the ever having the tools to see the universe to believe that there are black holes?

Cerise-

You did not answer the question about the man born blind, and I was interested in your answer. What sayest thou?

Ah, sorry I thought I did answer that. Anyway, I was going to say that it's not illogical to believe in what there is evidence for: a blind man believing in colours, for example, can be told about the properties of light and the inner workings of the eye in order to understand about colour, as well as the anecdotal testaments of others, and they will lead him to make a choice about whether or not he believes colour exists. And all in all, this is not a belief that will harm him or others.

Likewise, people gather what they believe are evidences that point towards an existence of God and choose whether or not to have faith. And for some people, the God idea is as harmless as a blind man's faith in colour.

But for some people, their God idea turns out to harm others and I think this is where we draw a line between what has been nicknamed "fundy" behavior and those who are merely "spiritual".

For the record, I don't think the harm that results from certain God-ideas is logical, nor something to be pursued.

13 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Popular thread?

Well it is the one at the top of the page. :grin:

I don't think he is a troll. He posted in another thread that God is a person. One that can't be proved or disproved... but proved to be a person apparently.

You said it duderonomy, nice name by the way, thats why I asked him to state his terms.

Thanks Lightbearer, your nic is cool too.

You may just be right about IG. He posted in a thread I started about grace and just had three lines of "Bwahaha's" with a mockery of the whole board slipped in for good measure for a response to a serious question.

I really hope that the mods just get rid of this person, whatever his motives.

Lightbearer, I don't see why you think this person isn't a troll by the way they posted in that other thread. I thought this person may have been someone here playing a trick, but now I'm leaning towards a troll. IG even admitted they were a troll on this very thread!

Duderonomy, I have been participating on your thread also, yet the way IG has posted, it has messed up the way it is presented on my monitor. It is too wide in order to accommodate his post, which I am suspecting is probably why IG did it that way. Is there any way I can fix the way it is projected onto my monitor so that it is the normal width? :thanks:

To everyone here...

I have to admit to the truth. I am InspectoGeneral, I am diggin', and I am also Duderonomy.

Sometimes, my mind just runs away with me.

Duder

Ah, sorry I thought I did answer that. Anyway, I was going to say that it's not illogical to believe in what there is evidence for: a blind man believing in colours, for example, can be told about the properties of light and the inner workings of the eye in order to understand about colour, as well as the anecdotal testaments of others, and they will lead him to make a choice about whether or not he believes colour exists. And all in all, this is not a belief that will harm him or others.

This is what I was getting at. It depends on whether he trusts others to tell him the truth, as he would have to rely on them. He would have to take their word for it. A matter of trust, not logic.

Likewise, people gather what they believe are evidences that point towards an existence of God and choose whether or not to have faith. And for some people, the God idea is as harmless as a blind man's faith in colour. But for some people, their God idea turns out to harm others and I think this is where we draw a line between what has been nicknamed "fundy" behavior and those who are merely "spiritual".

Whether something is harmful, in your opinion, has no bearing on whether it is logical or not.

Amanda, you said,

"Duderonomy, I have been participating on your thread also, yet the way IG has posted, it has messed up the way it is presented on my monitor. It is too wide in order to accommodate his post, which I am suspecting is probably why IG did it that way. Is there any way I can fix the way it is projected onto my monitor so that it is the normal width?"

Me too! The 'grace' thread, right? I thought it was something I did when I started the thread! What the heck??

The mods will have to fix the thread. I have no power to edit it.

Attn mods, can you fix the grace thread?

I can see why my troll comment confused you.

What I mean is that some trolls are just people who come and cause trouble for troubles sake. IG, as you call this entity, seems to be doing that. But he/she seems to be trying to discuss other things.

This is another reponse where Inspecto has ignored me. I see right through him. It's in his sig.

Hahahaha... you are truly pathetic InspectoGeneral. Nice try, you are accomplishing it, but it won't last for long.

Whether something is harmful, in your opinion, has no bearing on whether it is logical or not.

Except it wouldn't be very logical for a creator to harm its creations, would it?

Also:

To everyone here...

I have to admit to the truth. I am InspectoGeneral, I am diggin', and I am also Duderonomy.

Duder

...whut?

To everyone here...

Duder

Why would I lie?

You guys are logged on at the same time.

If you are InspectoGeneral, duder, stop posting.

That might prove it and might be *gasp* logical!

Except it wouldn't be very logical for a creator to harm its creations, would it?

It would if they deserved it. And based on these threads alone, we all deserve it. LOL

This is what I was getting at. It depends on whether he trusts others to tell him the truth, as he would have to rely on them. He would have to take their word for it. A matter of trust, not logic.

No colors can be tested unlike like god. Just because a blind man can't test colors himself doesn't mean he is not using logic and is only using trust. I for example can't test black holes exist. I've never seen them just like the blind man has never seen colors. But knowledge that it can be tested and knowledge that it's accepted by the scientific community as fact leads me to believe that the black hole is real (just like a blind man believing in colors). Am I using logic in believing black holes are real?

Maybe I got two phone lines? Duh.

You all have to choose what you believe in.

By the way, some people can type pretty fast.

Tay-

A blind man cannot test for colors. He can't see, you see, he's blind. :) (Sorry, I have to use them when the come to me) NO OPTICAL DISCERNMENT. He would have to trust someone else to tell him that colors exist. Have you ever tried explaining colors to someone born blind?

Tay-

A blind man cannot test for colors. He can't see, you see, he's blind. :) (Sorry, I have to use them when the come to me) NO OPTICAL DISCERNMENT. He would have to trust someone else to tell him that colors exist. Have you ever tried explaining colors to someone born blind?

Right a blind man cannot test colors but he knows they can be tested and proven. I can't prove black holes exist (it would take time and energy and luck to find one) but I know it can be tested and proven. God on the other hand cannot be tested and proven.

Because I asked you, duder, to stop posting as Inspecto if thats you. To prove your claim. Inspecto just posted, so it's probaly not you. :grin:

Notice: InspectoGeneral is still not replying to my arguement that "flowers are television!"

It would if they deserved it. And based on these threads alone, we all deserve it. LOL

If we do things deserving of harm, it would only be because a creator made us imperfectly. wouldn't that just mean the creator should harm itself for failing?

If I paint a crappy picture, it's not logical for me to blame the picture and tear the canvass.

inspector general, why are you avoiding me? You know I'm right. You only avoid me because you can't face me. I'm the one that loves you and sleeps with you and tells you to stay awake when you're driving.

I'm tired of running. It's time that I face myself.

I already made my confession. You run for your life, because you hold it so dear. God told you not to worry about it.

LB,

How can I post as IG, with my avatar on the left side of your monitor showing clearly that I qam DUDERONOMY?

You guys are like the family I never wanted.....Mmmm wait .... no that's not it. NM

Speaking of people born blind. Did you know that Jesus was the first one to open the eyes of the blind? No one in the Old Testament ever open the eyes of the blind. It was a fulfillment of the prophecy in "Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

In fact, when John the Baptist asked whether Jesus was the one who should come, He responded with "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

BTW - Have any of you ever tried to describe colors to someone born blind?

You guys are like the family I never wanted.....Mmmm wait .... no that's not it. NM

Speaking of people born blind. Did you know that Jesus was the first one to open the eyes of the blind? No one in the Old Testament ever open the eyes of the blind. It was a fulfillment of the prophecy in "Isa 42:7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house."

In fact, when John the Baptist asked whether Jesus was the one who should come, He responded with "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them."

BTW - Have any of you ever tried to describe colors to someone born blind?

I've never really spoken to anyone born blind, so no.