Goodbye Jesus

Make Christians Blush

brad_religion

I have an experiment for you skeptics. We all know the average christian knows dick about what the bible says. Yet, many of them say the bible is the "infallible, inspired word of God". They also say the Quran is "satanic" and "evil" because of the things it says. The odds are they have read neither holy book in depth.

Basically, this is the experiment. Find some obscure biblical passages which say outrageous things like it is okay to rape women, or kill children or sell a daughter into slavery. Then, simply remove the reference of the scripture it is from and pretend the quran says it (make up a chapter and verse like "Surah 8:31"). Odds are most christian fundies won't know this is pretend.

And point out to the christian that the quran is evil because it says such things in it. They will probably be happy to agree with you. Get them to admit how "evil" and "mistaken" such pseudo passages are in the quran. And once you get them to say it is "satanic" and "evil", gently use the punchline, by telling them those verses are actually from the bible, not the Quran. In other words, they just condemned the "inspired, infallible word of God" as being "satanic" and "evil". See how they react.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Joshua 7:19-26 is a good start if you want to do it.

What the conversation might sound like

See there is this story where a father stoled something. But Mohammad found out and said that Allah wouldn't be happy until he and his family were all dead. The children too and even the animals. So first they stoned them to death but Allah wasn't pleased yet. So then they burned them. When Allah saw the family that was stoned to death and burnt he got pleased. Can you see how evil that is. The islamic god is very very very evil don't you think? Can you even imagine what its like stoning a crying child to death for what his dad did?

Oh wait the story wasn't about mohammad, it was Joshua. And the god isn't the muslim god it's yours. Sorry got my stories mixed up.

I couldn't persoanlly do that to someone. I'd just feel bad for doing it. So if you do it tell me how it goes.

Alternately, you could also pick some good verses from the Quran, and pretend they're from the Bible. The concept's pretty similar, there.

I'll hit the library this week and check out their copy, see what interesting things I can dig up to confuse Fundies with...

Hehehe, I like this one - good idea :HaHa:

:woohoo:

What an absolutely "Grinchy" idea! I love it, Brad. I shall now commend this idea to the EAC council for worldwide approval and implementation. (As well as Lady Feline's alteration.) :wicked: