Goodbye Jesus

Demons In The World

ricky18

So a woman testified that while sleeping see had itching on her chest.she got advice to keep the bible to her chest.It stopped.Then a pile of paper documents next to her bed was hit to the ground the next day.She put it back together.the next day when she got up the papers were laying on the ground again. The paster prayed for her and told her to pray the anointing on the paper.The next day it didnt happen again. She testifies that it was a demon and god jesus handled the situation. Anyone have an explanation

So a woman testified that while sleeping see had itching on her chest.she got advice to keep the bible to her chest.It stopped.Then a pile of paper documents next to her bed was hit to the ground the next day.She put it back together.the next day when she got up the papers were laying on the ground again. The paster prayed for her and told her to pray the anointing on the paper.The next day it didnt happen again. She testifies that it was a demon and god jesus handled the situation. Anyone have an explanation

An itching on her chest? Annointing on the paper? :scratch: Kind of an incompetent demon. It seems like it's only purpose is to make xtians believe demons are real.

Seriously, this is crap. If you believe in demons, and that they can affect things in the physical world, eventually you'll start blaming demons when you lose your keys. Every illness will be a result of demonic attack. Every random misfortune in your life, big or small, will be the result of Satan and his unholy minions.

I think it's fairly easy to come up with non-demonic reasons for a chest rash and papers falling. :HaHa:

I would highly recommend reading 'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' by Carl Sagan. It will give you a lot of perspective on the incredible claims of demonologists.

She probably did it to herself. She probably had spasms at night and scratched herself. Then she had it again and knocked the papers off the table in her sleep.

Or she could have just wanted it to happen so badly she just believed it happened. Anything that u want to be real can be. Our minds are very powerful at fooling ourselves.

Oh and she could also want attention. Might be looking for an excuse to have the pastor lay his hands on her :wicked: .

I agree with the others here, its a hoax. Evidence, baby, I want evidence. Sometimes you see those tv shows about the paranormal and I honestly do not trust them at all.

I wonder what she'd think it was if she'd never heard of demons?

Sometimes you see those tv shows about the paranormal and I honestly do not trust them at all.

Ditto there. There was this show on the Sci-Fi channel called "Proof positive of the paranormal." Throughout the show they examined three events: Two bars in Chicago that were haunted by ghosts, some noch less-like monster, and a village with constant fires. They concluded that Ness was a fake and there were plenty of theories about the fires, but they did find "positive proof" that the ghosts were real by giving the people who saw strange occurances polygraph tests. Since three out of four weren't lying, ghosts were real.

Seems like you could really speed up a lot of trials that way. "I think he did it and a polygraph test showed I wasn't lying, so he's guilty."

...anyway, back on topic:

I think that subconsciously the woman really wanted to believe in demons or she just wanted attention (a bad assumption to make about anyone, I know; but look how much attention she got).

I would highly recommend reading 'The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark' by Carl Sagan. It will give you a lot of perspective on the incredible claims of demonologists.
You beat me to it, AGF. Before I entered this thread, my intent was to suggest that book.

By the time one is finished reading it, (s)he has a clear understanding of what "demons" really are. :mellow:

I wonder what she'd think it was if she'd never heard of demons?
She would have went to a dermatologist and never unconsciously knocked her papers off of her table with an underlying intent to prove (or a subconscious 'hope') that her religion was real. :mellow:

Yes, I honestly do think that religion makes people do freaky shit like this.

Nothing much to add to what's already been said.

I won't even start to think about that weird crap unless some gives me a reason to think it's not just one of the millions of lies the morontheists commonly tell. :Hmm:

I won't even start to think about that weird crap unless some gives me a reason to think it's not just one of the millions of lies the morontheists commonly tell.

Are they really lies if the person really believes it is true?

To be a lie, the person has to know that what he's saying isn't true.

They're (well, most are) not trying to deceive, they're trying to, as they see it, save/convince you.

I don't see it as a lie, I see it as a misunderstanding.

Is it possible that this woman knew in some part of her mind that wind blows papers and that the annointment was a paperweight and that "demons" have better things to possess than...paper.

If yes, then this woman lied.

I hate that bumper sticker/shirt that says "Darwin Lied"...

Possible. But somehow I'm quite fed up with giving any morontheist the benefit of the doubt, ever again.

It's not a lie if she honestly believed it to be true but that doesn't mean that it should not be challenged. Would she have entertained the thought of demons had someone else not put it there? Could that person not see it for what it was as an (semi)objective outsider? I would think so and there is the source of the lie. Not the poor sheep of a woman but the one putting these thoughts into her head.

mwc

mwc, I think your sig puts it best:

The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth-- persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. -- John F. Kennedy

With a story like this, it doesn't sound like somebody convinced her it was a demon, I think it was her own religion-induced fear that led her to believe her paper was possessed.

This religion-induced fear is what somebody put into her head (most likely at a very young age).

The person who put this fear into her most likely saw it as healthy and really believed what he was teaching.