Goodbye Jesus

Did Anyone Else See This?

Warrior_of_god

Executive Order: Responsibilities of the Department of Homeland Security with Respect to Faith-Based and Community Initiatives

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, and in order to help the Federal Government coordinate a national effort to expand opportunities for faith-based and other community organizations and to strengthen their capacity to better meet America's social and community needs, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Full text: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0060307-5.html

Umm...anyone?

404 file not found :shrug:

The first steps to a theocracy...

Guest Shiva H. Vishnu

What is this bullshit office even going to do? I mean, what the fuck does this mean?

(i) a comprehensive analysis of the barriers to the full participation of faith-based and other community organizations in the delivery of social and community services identified pursuant to section 3(a) of this order and the proposed strategies to eliminate those barriers;

What fucking barriers? Seriously! What the hell does this mean?

I'm not sure what to think of it. On the one hand, I'm all for reducing government regulations and barrers. On the other hand, this is Bush doing it. He doesn't have the best track record for that kind of thing. I'm a bit suspicious.

I'm not sure how this does anything more than bureaucratize another sector of society.

The link got messed up when it was posted. Lets try this again:

Doh! :Doh: Thanks.

What is this bullshit office even going to do? I mean, what the fuck does this mean?

Thats exactly what i was thinking, maybe one has to be stupid to figure it out? It barely makes sense...bureaucratize another sector of society? Why? What good would that serve, except maybe to make them slower?

"Faith-base" god-damned double-speak for the dissolution of the separation of church and state...

"Faith-base" god-damned double-speak for the dissolution of the separation of church and state...

Yes, on the site I originally found this on (fundie forums) I saw them saying that we never had sepration of Chrucha nd State. :Doh:

Fuck it. I'm all for Church and State joining forces. The sooner these evil agencies start OPENLY fucking over people's lives, the sooner the PEOPLE will be forced to wake up to the threat and rise in OPEN revolt against them. As it stands most people aren't threatened by religion and the state. They don't see the harm. Okay then. Let's allow them to see the harm FIRST HAND. When we've a theocracy just like Islam or even worse, just like back in the good old days of the Dark Ages of Catholic Church rule, THEN blood will flow, heads will roll, and religion will finally be ended.

True enough Mr. Grinch. I'm constantly amazed by people's inability to learn from OTHER people's mistakes. For some strange reason, history has to repeat two or three times before most people "get it". So I guess we have to have another go-round with the Inquisition now.

Folks just LOVE learning things the hard way, don't they?

Strange; when I was a Christian, I was leery of any type of government support for religion. I thought (and still think) that government aid leads to government control. Aren't there any Christians out there who view this whole Faith-Based Initiative as government interference? If so, they must be few and far between.

The first steps to a theocracy...

More like the 7th step. At least it feels like that to me. :banghead:

Any idea how the upcoming "Jesus salute" will look like? :vent:

Strange; when I was a Christian, I was leery of any type of government support for religion. I thought (and still think) that government aid leads to government control. Aren't there any Christians out there who view this whole Faith-Based Initiative as government interference? If so, they must be few and far between.

Oh, but this is something entirely different! After all, this is for jebus! :vent:

Scary, but not shocking. I feel that with Bush in office, our nation is moving towards a theocracy. Then again, I feel that Bush uses his religious beliefs in his decisions in order to compensate for his own inability to the world in a more complex way. Instead of through his staunch black and white view of the world. :scratch:

I hear ya, Ex-COG. So few fundies seem to understand this - the sword cuts both ways. The reason to keep religion and politics separate is to both avoid theocracies and state-controlled religion. Remember that crazy idea in democracy about freedom of religion? Well, if Big Brother takes over the church, like Hitler/Stalin/Mao did, kiss your religion goodbye. :Doh: