Goodbye Jesus

Chariots Of The Red Sea

Guest Reesa

Guest Reesa

Hi.. Sorry if this has been posted before.. i did search it, but couldnt find anything..

Anywaysssss.. My friend who is a devoit christian is in my ear about some damn chariots they found in the red sea!!??.. Does anyone know about this??

There's an old article here about something like that.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=33168

I would be very sceptical even if there were chariots there. For one thing, it doesn't necessarily mean they belonged to the army that chased Moses. Secondly it's very unlikely that it was the actual Red Sea Moses parted. Apparently the Hebrew text in the Old Testament refer to it as the Sea of Reeds, which is a different place all together. Also recent investigations have suggested that Moses actually went across a totally different area somewhere else.

Hi.. Sorry if this has been posted before.. i did search it, but couldnt find anything..

Anywaysssss.. My friend who is a devoit christian is in my ear about some damn chariots they found in the red sea!!??.. Does anyone know about this??

http://s93614334.onlinehome.us/religion/Ex...aled/index.html

"[The wife of an] assignment editor of a major television station in [Nashville]... was told by one of Ron Wyatt's sons [either Ronny or Danny] that the chariot wheels that Ron supposedly discovered in the Gulf of Aqaba were planted there by Ron..." --Gary Amirault in Dew From Mt. Hermon periodical

"Wyatt Archaeological Research Fraud Documentation... we are dealing here with nothing short of an outright scam... I have telephone interviewed most of the people on WAR's Noah's Ark video. Not one single person I spoke with on that video presently believes that Ron Wyatt's site is Noah's Ark. Some are outraged that Wyatt is still using film clips which make them look like they are substantiating Wyatt's claims when, in fact, the opposite is the case.... Which museum is housing the ancient chariot wheels he claimed to have been from the Red Sea Crossing? There is no evidence because the video is a fraud. On the Noah's Ark video, all the so-called scientific data cannot be duplicated, a clear sign that what was given the labs was false data..."

Guest Mr. XC

Very good find, Taylork45.

I would also like to point out that just because the history of mankind seems to be correct in the bible, does not mean that the spiritual parts that it contains are also correct.

For thousands of years, mankind has been trying to explain lightning. And while their theories were false (except for our current theory of lightning, of course), they are able to correctly record when lightning strikes. So it is important to separate the physical claims from the spiritual claims.

Yeah, these guys find lots and lots of "proof" of things but absolutely none of it ends up in the hands of anyone to be actually verified. There's no peer review of their finds at all. The next thing you know they'll have spotted the Great Pumpkin rising from the pumpkin patch on Halloween.

mwc

I would be very sceptical even if there were chariots there. For one thing, it doesn't necessarily mean they belonged to the army that chased Moses. Secondly it's very unlikely that it was the actual Red Sea Moses parted. Apparently the Hebrew text in the Old Testament refer to it as the Sea of Reeds, which is a different place all together. Also recent investigations have suggested that Moses actually went across a totally different area somewhere else.

Please cite your references. Thank you.

chaz

Chaz, look up Exodus 10:19, and look up the definition of the word of "Red Sea" in Strong's Lex, "soof" means "reed, rush, water plant, rushes, sea of rushes". Same word is used in Jonah 2:5, the "weeds" that wrapped around his head.

Let's clarify this a little.

The Red Sea extends along the west coast of Arabia, and is given the name Yam Suph in Hebrew, which means "sea-weed". It was given the name "Red Sea" by the Greeks, probably because of the zoophytes giving it a red color. So both translations are correct, but most people think of "sea" as a deep place, and as soon as you realize this is place which had reed, you instantly think of shallow waters.

So the Red or Reed doesn't deny or confirm anything. Except that by using the correct Hebrew name "sea of reed" people will get a different view how "miraculous" (or not) this event was.

chaz

I know I should keep links to this material, but I'm a bit of a slacker. I found out about the Sea of Reeds by conversing with a Jewish man who new Hebrew.

As for the place in the bible being a totally different place than the red sea, it was through watching a DVD my father had, which I think was called "The Search for the Real Mt Sinai". I don't remember where they claimed the crossing occurred, but they back it up by visiting all the places along the line, which matched up with what it said in the bible, to a Mountain some where in the Middle East which was blocked off by the Muslim military. It was an enthralling documentary and one I'm sure you'd get a boost of faith from watching.

chaz

I know I should keep links to this material, but I'm a bit of a slacker. I found out about the Sea of Reeds by conversing with a Jewish man who new Hebrew.

As for the place in the bible being a totally different place than the red sea, it was through watching a DVD my father had, which I think was called "The Search for the Real Mt Sinai". I don't remember where they claimed the crossing occurred, but they back it up by visiting all the places along the line, which matched up with what it said in the bible, to a Mountain some where in the Middle East which was blocked off by the Muslim military. It was an enthralling documentary and one I'm sure you'd get a boost of faith from watching.

This documentary is done by these same guys that found the chariot wheels we're talking about. Lots of drama (as I had to recall they had "make a break for it" at one point) and in the end came back with no real evidence of anything. They're trying to be biblical Indiana Jones types.

The real mountain is a volcano (of course there are many to choose from in the whole region...just not any on the peninsula itself).

mwc

• 2 weeks later...

the parting of the Sea (Yamm Suph) also parallel's Canaanite stories (The Epic of Ba'al in which the god Ba'al battles his nemesis, a river monster "Yamm," also echoed in Psalm 74:12-17 and Ps. 89:5-18.