Goodbye Jesus

The Devil And The Flesh Have Won....

Jubilant

The majority of Christians inadvertantly give the devil character and their fleshly ways, more power than the God character. All that shit Jesus supposedly went through to 'defeat' the devil and the devil is the one still in control, in a way, they've made the devil omnipotent and more powerful than jesus and an equal to god. I fail to see the victory supposedly given by christ....but thats just me.

Scare tatics.

The devil/satan/lucifer/mammon are not really ellaborated to much in the Bible. The character you hear about at the pulpit is a fabritcation meant to scare you into accept what the preacher says about your life or the world around you. But the devil is the apparently the king of this world still. And rules over the hearts of men.

My flesh aways wins, because you know... I want to live.

*Cary Grant accent*

Juby, Juby, Juby, what in the world are you doing, dear?

(just checkin') :grin:

just because christians have failed in thier walk with God, doesn't mean Jesus isn't more powerfull. it just shows our lack of faith.

The majority of Christians inadvertantly give the devil character and their fleshly ways, more power than the God character. All that shit Jesus supposedly went through to 'defeat' the devil and the devil is the one still in control, in a way, they've made the devil omnipotent and more powerful than jesus and an equal to god. I fail to see the victory supposedly given by christ....but thats just me.

Yeah, it's another nice lose/lose position for the braindead.

Sooo, Saaataaan™ is lurking at every single corner to tempt us... and gawd doesn't do anything about it? Gee, I guess Saaataaan™ is obviously more powerful than gawd, eh?

"But but but but but our dogma says no!"

Then your gawd clearly cares a shit for us and for this world, for if it did, there'd be no more Saaataaan™ tempting us. Glad to have cleared that up.

"But but but but but our dogma says no!"

Well then, I guess you've got a nice contradiction there, no?

"Oh..."

:lmao:

The dogma says something about God giving this world to satan to rule over, like he let him tempt Job and Jesus.

Christians have an excuse for anything, no matter how shallow (the christian or the excuse). You're right Jubi. Christians once counselled me thus: satan made you do that, or satan is doing this to you, or satan is stopping you from doing god's will, to which I respond, well why didn't God step in? Isn't God more powerful than Satan?

Some christians will stop and think about this, others will blame it on my lack of faith. Despite the vague un-specificity of this excuse, I would respond: Is God so weak that he can't do anything unless he is "fuelled" by my pitifully imperfect (because I'm a sinner) faith? Other fallible humans don't "need" me to have faith in them to do things, they just go and do them. Why does God "need" me to have enough faith in order for him to do stuff. Imagine god watching us from up there in heaven, stumbling around with his hand clutching his chest groaning, "oh, no, I ... can't do it ... he/she .... doesn't have ... enough faith ..."

A god as powerful as christians claim he is doesn't need my or any human's faith in order to achieve things. A god that is dependent on the faith of the sinner is too weak to deserve worship.

Christians have an excuse for anything, no matter how shallow (the christian or the excuse).

"or"?! :Hmm: