Goodbye Jesus

Did You Ever Witness A Miracle

OnceConvinced

Okay, you try to figure out what happened to me:

I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis at age 13, when a sideways curve started happening in my lower back. Forturnately, like a another poster on this thread, I didn't have to wear a brace, I just did lots of exercises morning and night, was checked often by my mom and dad (who were a doctor and a nurse) and had regular checkups by spine doctors. The only after effect now is one hip is more prominent than the other and my clothes fit weird, though people don't notice unless I point this out to them.

I was in my mid-20s and attending a faith-healing service one Sunday morning. I was sort of skeptical, as we took my depressed father to several faith-healing services and he didn't get better, but I thought I'd go to this service anway. I've always wanted my scoliosis to be healed, so during this service, I was praying for that. The "healer" said, "There's someone in this crowd with irritation in their nose. Come forward." No one did. Again, he said the same thing. I realized that yes, the inside of my nose was irritated and raw. I have chronic sinusitis and when hay fever season hits, the inside of my nose gets raw. (This was before I got on allergy meds) So, I went forward and he prayed for me.

I soon felt a rush of blood to my nose, almost like the sensation when your foot is "asleep" and wakes back up. By the time I got home, a half hour later, I looked in the mirror inside my nose, which is hard to do, and could see that where previously I saw a raw spot, there was now healthy flesh. :eek: And I noticed that my sinuses stayed clear and I didn't have to use nasal decongestant. This lasted for six months. Then, probably from "mind over matter" in a negative way because I was dating a non-xian and thus was convinced I was in sin and didn't deserve this healing any more, my sinuses began to stuff up again and the irritation returned.

So, what to think about this? Did I experience a miracle? I wasn't asking for my nose to be healed but that's what happened, at least for a short period of time.

I was still a xian when the whole Elizabeth Smart kidnapping happened and when she was found, I thought, that it was a miracle. Now after deconverting and thinking with my brains, I know that it was a high profile case, she comes from a family that has money, and they just got lucky as well.

I think it would be hard to witness a miracle and then lose your faith.

Not necessarily. A miracle wouldn't prove the existence of the Christian God. But it may prove the exististence of some higher power. Who was that philosopher that said, "a miracle is just a scientific phenomenon that has yet to be discovered."

I have seen a lot of fake miracles. But there are a few things, that happened outside of church/Christianity, that I can't at this point explain. Don't ask. Long story. Which is why I am agnostic at this point (literally=no knowledge), and not atheist. If there is a God that performs miracles, it's not Yahweh. Of that much I am certain.

On another note

Does anybody know anything about that furious eye twitching thing. I used to see it a lot when people were laid out or getting prayed for.

And what do those little starts below everyone's avatar mean?