Goodbye Jesus

Judaism/christianity = Genocide

Dirac

This is something which I never have found an answer to. Perhaps a "Real" Christian can provide me with one.

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.
And Saul smote the Amalekites from Havilah until thou comest to Shur, that is over against Egypt. And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

Here is a link to the 1948 UN Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide.

Article 2

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

A. Killing members of the group;

B. Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;

C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;

D. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

E. Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Perhaps a "Real" Christian can explain to me how a supposedly perfect and loving god can order the killing of "sucklings."

alec-suckling-on-pinkie.jpg

Of course I am not saying "Real" Christians are pro-genocide - that would be a deeply, deeply offensive and non-sensical suggestion. I am saying that you are better than your god, and I am saying your god is a genocidal sadist.

The purpose of the picture is not for melodrama. It is to ensure that, when we think about the people we read about in the Bible, we are not entertaining a mythological, misty-eyed view of the past. These were real people. When I was at church I used to think of all the great stories like Moses parting the red seas and so forth and the fact that these were real people got lost in the story. The pictures is a perfect indication of how babies looked back then; we humans haven't changed much over the last few thousands of years.

---

Personally, I am glad that the real God (not the man-made idol) had nothing to do with this. Although I am sure that it happened and will continue to happen, this is on mankind's hands. I don't care where they say they heard the voices from...

Very sweet baby!

I think Christianity and Judaism would still be like this, if it had not been for Jesus himself, who preached peace, and love and not war, and the Renasaince (I spelt that wrong), the Age of Enlignment, the Age of Reason and ultimately the creation of America.

Christianity has been Americanized to the point where it respects life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness, and rejects genocidal ideals like these. It's why these stories are skipped in church and the non-offended non-controversial parts of the story are presented.

So let me get this straight:

Jesus, son of God, part of God, preached against the actions and orders of his Father and Himself?

God changed?

Does the name of this topic mean that Judaism divided by Genocide = Christianity?

Or that Judaism is equal to Genocide multiplied by Christianity?

Hey everyone... that 1Sam quote has a distinct "kill the infidel" flair about it (yes I checked the entire passage), which is exactly what a lot of Xtians (and others) claim of passages in the Qu'ran. So I ask, do we have any other quotes, either NT or OT, that basically say "go kill the infidel"? Exact quotes are appreciated.

Open up to just about anywhere in the old testament and look within 2 chapters; you will usually find something. most of the stuff in Numbers and Judges is stuff like that.

Here's a good one:

Deut 20:16-18.

Read for yourself, it sounds just as bloody as any Sura.