Goodbye Jesus

Yet More Profound Questions Tackled On Christianforums.com Philosphy & Ethics Board

Dirac

Oh why are Christians always so focused on the important issues in life?

Please, Christians, please stop shaming me with your ceaseless, untiring efforts to tackle the most important and compelling philosophical and moral issues of our time.

It is hard enough being an atheist, being such an unthinking, uncaring, short-sighted infidel, without having to watch as you Christians relentlessly construct yet more paradigmatic, awe-inspiring moral codes.

I am in awe of you, I renounce my atheism.

Clickity-Click

---

Skinny dipping with your family? Whaaa? That family needs to listen to Jesus and start hating eachother a little bit more. Good lord, that concept is going to give me nightmares.

All the amazing things in the world they could be discussing.....they wanna hash out skinny-dipping.

I especially like the jerk who basically said the entire purpose of skinny-dipping was for sexual purposes.

I wanna go skinny dipping. Never have. We don't swim our rivers and lakes much here. Too cold. Swimming lessons here are considered an indoor activity.

And the rare times in summer it's hot enough to hop into the rivers...you're also contending with salmon season and there are fisherpersons freaking everywhere. Great way to get hooked. Ouch.

I'm not sure what is funnier, the fact that they are having a lively skinny-dipping debate or the fact we are watching it...

Nothing against skinny-dipping here, but I do like open water, and I don't think I'd like any fishies chomping at my naughty bits.

:lol:

Haha, thanks, I needed a good laugh.

This really goes to show how absurd Christianity is.

:twitch:

Don't forget..it might cause someone to stuble...I wanta stuble, who wants to go skinny dipping?

Just be careful that you do not cause others to stuble by taking your example and thinking nakedness is ok in other contexts.

:twitch:

Tried skinny dipping once. It was okay. (But be forewarned, go on an overcast day or bring decent sunblock. Ouch.)

What's morally wrong about skinny dipping?

You have to be ashamed of the body god gave you. That's part of being a Christian you see.

You have to be ashamed of the body god gave you. That's part of being a Christian you see.

Sad, but very true in a lot of cases.

Skinny dipping with your family?????? Ewwwwwwwww! :ugh:

Ehh, I don't expect that people who remain christians would be into deep thinking, so I'm not surprised that they debate some light-weight topics. (To be fair, some of the discussions on ex-christian.net are not all that heavy, either.)

What gets me is the icons that about 95 percent of the CF members use - those wimpy big-eyed kids that look like those paintings on black velvet which were popular among some people about 40-50 years ago but are now collected only for their kitsch value. What is it with these things? Does CF require their use?