Goodbye Jesus

God's Inferiority Complex

h3lix

The only definitive answer about the reason for our existence I've ever heard from a christian was that the LORD put us here to do his work.

Why?

Why are we, in our frailty and inutility, required to slowly do "the LORD's Work" when he could sneeze or trip over a power cable and all of his "work" would be done accidentally? Does he enjoy watching us suffer and toil and think, look how much harder it is for them to do it than it is for me?

Does God need to feel powerful by watching us toil fruitlessly?

Why also, does God/church demand 10% of our gross income minimum weekly payment from pitiful earthlings who work our asses off for it when the omnipotent God could snap his fingers and have anything he wants?

Has God gotten so bored of making stuff for himself that he wants to see other people give him stuff?

Does God need to feel special for all of these people giving Him their hard-earned assets?

Why won't God help you unless you have faith? You don't see this in any other situations:

Manager: I won't give you this week's paycheck unless you believe and have faith that I'm powerful enough to give you this week's paycheck.

Does God need to feel he can be trusted?

It looks to me like God has some self-esteem issues.

I think it's because, well, even a psychotic omnipotent being with a cruel streak a mile long runs out of toys, and needs to make more. What better way than to just sit back and watch suffering happen?

At the same time, people who grovel can be really, really fun. Many mortal beings like to have their egoes inflated, so it would make sense that a being they devise would share in these qualities.

Fawning flattery basically fills in the void caused from the daily grind of sadism.

-Seth

Those are very good questions and could be very strong evidence of his non existance. Man has to use excuses for why God doesn't do anything so comes up with the idea that we are here to do his work for him. Some food for thought there.

Several months ago, I came up with my own scenario about what God is up to on this earth. For God it's a game:

If I were God who is omnipotent, omnipresent, super super intelligent and all that stuff, I reckon I could become pretty bored pretty easy. So what would I do? Perhaps create a game to keep me entertained. Create a world (or use one that already existed), put some toys on it.... but not just any toys, toys that have a mind of their own and can go about doing what ever they want to do. And then be part of those toys lives and influence them, allow things to happen to them (good or bad). But even better, let's have an opponent in this game. Let's have someone play against me. "Hey Lucifer you jerk, get over here, I'm gonna play this game against you and let's see who wins".

And so I play the game for hundreds of years. Toys come and toys go. Strategies change. "Dang it, Lucifer's winning. I know, I'm gonna wipe out everything with a flood.... except for that character Noah and his family....... Ha ha ha ha ! Centuries later. Ok, things still aren't going to well, Lucifer is still winning. I know, I'm gonna actually make myself part of this game, so I'm gonna become one of those toys. Maybe this way I can better get control of the game and win it. "Ha ha Lucifer I've got you now! I'm one of the characters in the game now - Jesus! You're going down!"

Lucifer has to start cheating to win, so pulls out every dirty trick in the book. And the game continues.....

The only definitive answer about the reason for our existence I've ever heard from a christian was that the LORD put us here to do his work.

Why?

Why are we, in our frailty and inutility, required to slowly do "the LORD's Work" when he could sneeze or trip over a power cable and all of his "work" would be done accidentally? Does he enjoy watching us suffer and toil and think, look how much harder it is for them to do it than it is for me?

Does God need to feel powerful by watching us toil fruitlessly?

Why also, does God/church demand 10% of our gross income minimum weekly payment from pitiful earthlings who work our asses off for it when the omnipotent God could snap his fingers and have anything he wants?

Has God gotten so bored of making stuff for himself that he wants to see other people give him stuff?

Does God need to feel special for all of these people giving Him their hard-earned assets?

Why won't God help you unless you have faith? You don't see this in any other situations:

Manager: I won't give you this week's paycheck unless you believe and have faith that I'm powerful enough to give you this week's paycheck.

Does God need to feel he can be trusted?

It looks to me like God has some self-esteem issues.

All this makes sense once you realize god is just the rich people of the church you want your money, they use the big lie to make themselves rich and live easily comfortable lives.

Even worse, a perfect being shouldn't require anything. In other words a truly perfect being wouldn't create anything as it doesn't desire anything, it's completely self-sufficient... :shrug:

I am still trying to figure out what God needs with a Starship.....

I am still trying to figure out what God needs with a Starship.....

Are you stealing my sig or just being ironic?

:HaHa: