Goodbye Jesus

Long Live Richard Dawkins

Dirac

Good old Richard Dawkins. Bit of an arrogant twat, but funny as hell to watch. Just noticed his series "Root of All Evil" is on youtube.com. It's so funny, he slates the living crap of fundyism of all types. Particularly gratifying is the fact that I watched it on TV in the company of Christians. Trouble is, Dawkins (though an atheist) knows his fundyism well, expertly pre-empting their objections. It was beautiful to watch them skirm having been subjected to so much shit for so many years xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGeL1yFeK6I

Does anyone else have vids slating the living crap out of fundyism?

God, the States is hell, awash with lunatics! Much worse than here in the UK.

Yeah, 'Root Of All Evil' is an excellent series! Dawkins knows his fundies, all right.

And yes, America is awash with religious nutjobs. :Doh: No signs of them smartening up, either.

Good old Richard Dawkins. Bit of an arrogant twat

I don't find him arrogant at all. He's my favourite scientist of all time.

Good old Richard Dawkins. Bit of an arrogant twat
I don't find him arrogant at all.
Neither do I. I think he handles himself quite well while conversing with those nutjobs in that video. You could tell that he was a bit pissed when he was talking to that one psycho evangelist though. I forget his name, but he was the one with the huge stage and Holy Media Center™.

Dawkins has clearly had enough of the fundamentalists. I don't think he's all that bad. He's come up with some fairly clever ideas. But he has some biology still yet to discover. He doesn't yet understand it all.

Thanks for posting this link to Richard Dawkins! I watched several of the video clips and had that "surreal" feeling again. I've been there, hands raised, "Amening left and right", entranced in worship and yet watching it now....well, it looks crazy! ;-) I thought Ted Haggard(evangelist in Colorado Springs) came across very arrogant. Those poor "freethinkers" in Colorado Springs really got me to thinking about how evolutionists/aetheists/anyone who isn't a christian canbe/are discriminated against. As a fundamentalist christian(for 40 years) I had been taught and believed that these aetheists were to be feared because they were taking over the school curriculum/stopping prayer in schools/ruining the country,etc.etc.. NOw that I'm "WakingUp" to the lies and bigotry of fundie x-tians, I view these people as brave ones but not people to be feared.

It's amazing how everything looks so different these days.

WakingUp

Cool links, thanks! The third one stopped after one minute twenty seconds though..couldn't get it going again :Hmm:

Hehe, glad people enjoy Dawkins owning fundyism as much I do. Waking Up, yeah, it brought back some memories for me to! God, to think I used to 'dance' like those young lads during church!

I'm still heavily sceptical of the morality arguments put forth in the videos. I've been a skeptic of morality since leaving church. Of course, that doesn't ever stop me practising 'moral' behaviour on a practical level, volunteering at homeless shelters and so on. It would, however, be nice to have a theoretical underpinning to my behaviour!

Here are all teh links xD

Part 1 (1 of 3)

Part 1 (2 of 3)

Part 1 (3 of 3)

Part 2 (1 of 6)

Part 2 (2 of 6)

Part 2 (3 of 6)

Part 2 (4 of 6)

Part 2 (5 of 6)

Part 2 (6 of 6)