Goodbye Jesus

The Anti-christ.

Lightbearer

I post this in the Lions Den to attract all the Christian members and readers out there.

The only thing I care about in the Bible anymore is this thing called the Antichrist. I am a big fan of the Left Behind serious and that's what sparked my interests in the Antichrist. My interest grew and I researched alot into the subject, but I see alot of disagreement on the subject.

So that's why I invent all the Christians and ex-Christians to post their thoughts and beliefs about the Antichrist here.

I really want to know...

... because all the kingdoms of the world seem more and more tantalizing to me everday.

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lightbearer

• Crunk Bishop

• mwc

• Scott

Are you looking to take a run at the title?

The bible says all of us non-believers are anti-christs but it looks like you want to be the big "A," big "C."

I say go for it. According to the Rapture websites I believe the application is at the Vatican. :grin:

mwc

2 Thessalonians 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

i believe the bible states it will be someone who proclaims to be the messiah and God.

The Anti-Christ IS Jesus!!! :eek:

...actually, I'm not surprised.

mwc

Lightbearer, if you want to be the Anti-Christ before the end of the world shows up then you might want to hurry up and start worshipping SAAATAAAAN.

If you don't hurry someone may beat you to it.

The Anti-Christ is a metaphor for humanity once they snap out of their religiously indoctrinated stupor caused by Christianity itself.

That's why it's going to be a peaceful time...

Get it? :scratch:

Then, "the man of lawlessness" mentioned in Freeday's post "is revealed". They will be the remnant of Christians who, for obvious biblical reasons, rebel against this time of peace.

Let's face it, the two main 'legs' that Christianity has to stand on is war and hatred. If humanity finds away around those two things, of course it'll lash out against it. :scratch:

Not about the Anti-Christ, but does it disturb anyone, besides me, that Christian's like to get off on the idea of human slaughter that the Left Behind series represents?

Could you imagine the response if such books were from a perspective from any other religion than Christianity? What if an Islamic author wrote a book describing a holy war in detail where all infidels were unmercifully slaughtered by Allah?

No one would want to rush out and get a copy, absorbing it's every word, nor would it be a number one best seller! Most of the world would be outraged and offended, especially Americans!

Tou got that right, Taph. If there's a group that likes the idea of equal treatment...it ain't the xians.

mwc

2 Thessalonians 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

i believe the bible states it will be someone who proclaims to be the messiah and God.

Hmm thanks for the official verses but, is Thessalonians refering to the same Anti-Christ as Revelation.

Also, I don't think you can have a clear understanding of what the anti-something is until you understand the something.

So we have to understand and define what exactly are Christs teaching, values, views, morality codes and all of that before we say what the anti- of that is. Does that make any sense?

About my personal ambitions, well, you need to find the path before you set yourself upon it.

on a side note; i seen that simpsons episode where homer, bart, and lisa see a movie called left below and homer goes on a end of times trip...too funny.

Here's an interesting conundrum for you Freeday. I'm just curious how you would rationalize and figure this out:

Let's say a person shows up and start doing miracles, and preach a good message and it's in compliance with the Bible, but not necessarily with all different version of Christian denominations. How would you know if this person is the True Jesus or the False Jesus? What would be the factor for you to know for sure which one it is?

And also, is there a chance that some true, good and well meaning Christians make the wrong decision, and hence would be condemned?

And lastly, how would you know if this miracle worker is a real human, or real god-son, or just an alien from another planet that play tricks on our minds to fool us into belief?

---

My take on Antichrist is that it represents the Church and organized religion. Faith is personal, should stay personal, and should never become a corporation.

Speaking of the antichrist, something that's fun to do is to take any prominent figure today and google: "[name] is the antichrist"

You will almost always find something.

Here are some examples:

Tom Cruise

Dan Brown

Bill Gates

George Bush

Donald Rumsfeld

Pat Robertson

Jesus

What a waste of the internet...

Other than something to make a mockery of, I don't think about it much.

But if you are looking for information on the AntiChrist, well, I may consent to an interview...

Hmm thanks for the official verses but, is Thessalonians refering to the same Anti-Christ as Revelation.

Also, I don't think you can have a clear understanding of what the anti-something is until you understand the something.

So we have to understand and define what exactly are Christs teaching, values, views, morality codes and all of that before we say what the anti- of that is. Does that make any sense?

About my personal ambitions, well, you need to find the path before you set yourself upon it.

i will have to find it, but there is a verse in 1john that says what the antichrist is, and i think Thessalonians is reffering to the revalation antichrist. i guess they would be the really really bad ones.

on a side note; i seen that simpsons episode where homer, bart, and lisa see a movie called left below and homer goes on a end of times trip...too funny.

Best quote from that episode:

[Homer ranting in the street] "God loves you! He's gonna kill you!" :lmao:

Also, everyone knows Johnny Rotten was the Antichrist. Remember 'Anarchy In The UK'?

I am an Antichrist

I am an anarchist

Don't know what I want

But I know how to get it

I wanna destroy the passerby

'Cause I wanna be Anarchy

Now don't worry

Anarchy for the UK

It's coming sometime and maybe

I give a wrong time stop a traffic line

Your future dream is a shopping scheme

In the city

How many ways to get what you want

I use the best

I use the rest

I use the N.M.E

I use Anarchy

It's the only way to be

Is this the M.P.L.A or

Is this the U.D.A or

Is this the I.R.A

I thought it was the UK

Or just another country

Another council tenancy

I wanna be Anarchy

And I wanna be Anarchy

(Oh what a name)

And I wanna be an anarchist

(I get pissed, destroy!)

:58::Duivel::jesus:

mwc

:lmao:

mwc

:lmao:

I know. It's funny now that you see the joke he's pulled on the world. It's so obvious you kind of feel like an ass for falling for it.

mwc

It's kind of funny how many people are labeled the Anti-christ.

Now alot of prophecy watching circles think that Islam is the one-world religion of revelation and the Anti-christ is going to be a Muslim.

But Muslims believe the Anti-christ might be a Christian but, more then likely a Jew.

It's like a finger-pointing game.

Well doesn't make sense because something can't be something and anti-something at the same time.

It's too much of a contradiction.

The Antichrist is not an actual person. So forget about stuff like the Omen and Left Behind movies.

The Antichrist is more like a spirit. And you have the spirit of antichrist if you reject christ, it's as simple as that. This number of the beast stuff is simply symbolic. You either have Christ's number or the Beast's number.

most biblical scholars believe that "the Beast" from Revelation was none other than Nero Caesar.

basically, the NT has different concepts of the anti-Christ. 2 Thess is about the "man of lawlessness" who figured in Paul's eschatology, but we don't have a complete view of Paul's eschatology from his writings since they were only letters. One of John's letters says that anyone who denies the bodily existence of Christ is "an anti christ," this meaning Gnostics who claimed that Jesus couldn't be perfect if he had a physical body (docetists). Revelation referred to "the Beast" who would rule over a unified world kingdom. Any wonder that Revelation was written right smack in the middle of persecutions initiated against Christians by the Roman Emperor Nero???

personally, i think the concept of "anti-Christ" has hindered peace in the world, because historically Christians have been suspicious of peacemakers because of the so-called "false peace" written about in the psuedo-Pauline letters.

you guys should watch Jack Van Impe for up-to-the-minute fundie end-time speculations!!!!

See that's the thing, no one seems to even agree with what the anti-Christ. I think it's meant to be a person because Christ was a person in the Bible.

And if it was Nero that still doesn't sastify the prophecy because it's over the whole world, not the Roman empire, everyone knew there was worlds outside the empire.

I really couldn't see it being a world wide antichrist at all, even when I was into all this "end times" stuff. Nobody in the Western world would tolerate some dictator appearing and trying to rule the world. The only way it would work is if the dictator was behind the scenes, pulling strings, no public face. But then I think that would contradict what people believe the bible is saying about him being like some kind of "Savior". That's why I always believed the antichrist is a symbolic type of thing.

but Rome was "the world" at the time as far as anybody in the Empire was concerned. They knew about India, "Russia" and China but believed them to be politically inconsequential barbarian lands. Those places only concerned merchants and heretics in the West.

Many Roman emperors, Nero included, wouldn't grant you a certificate to trade in the agora unless you had offered sacrifices to his genius and proven your loyalty to the Empire. That was the so-called "mark of the beast."

I really think that Revelation should be interpreted from the perspective of a preterist.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/

http://www.preteristarchive.com/StudyArchi...eror-beast.html

The second site shows how Nero's name equals 666 and 616 (because the oldest manuscripts of Revelation actually disagree about the Number)

The preterist view definitely makes far more sense than a futurist view, if you want to take Revelations literally, no doubts about that.

I'm inclined to believe that anywhere the "Earth" or the "world" is mentioned in the bible, it's referring to the known world (the local area they knew of). That's all they ever would have believed existed as they couldn't travel any further than that, (especially considering they thought the world was flat). There are many examples in scripture which seem to suggest this. eg, when the devil took Jesus to a high place and tempted him, showing him the "whole world". And of course the example of the great flood, which could not possibly have been the entire world.