Goodbye Jesus

Grim Ruminations, Morbid Cogitations

Llwellyn

I spend a lot of my time in a kind of morose thinking, where I interpret things that happen around me in a very negative way. I also have a lot of mental "loops" where I try to comfort myself into thinking that the Christian idea of hell is not true and is unlikely. It is very unpleasant and does not bring a lot of joy.

I just wonder if any of you feel some of the same things I do!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Can you elaborate at all? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "loops".

But on the face of it - it sounds like you're kind of unhappy with your present situation and you're looking to see if it's "normal" by seeing if other ex-c's experience the same thing. Being unhappy all the time should never be viewed as "normal" regardless of your circumstances. I think you should talk it over with a professional counsellor.

I spend a lot of my time in a kind of morose thinking, where I interpret things that happen around me in a very negative way. I also have a lot of mental "loops" where I try to comfort myself into thinking that the Christian idea of hell is not true and is unlikely. It is very unpleasant and does not bring a lot of joy.

I just wonder if any of you feel some of the same things I do!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Kinda sounds like the way I went over bad shit...when I was suffering from a bout of depression.

It also sounds like you are trying ot stop the tape in your head mid way......*shrugs*

yeah...might be a good idea to check out depression to see if it fits what you are doing.

but at the same time......its possible you are going through a process of getting rid of the xian shit in your head?

:dumbo: SOme people freak out at the slightest bit of 'dark' stuff......to me its kinda spooky for everyone to expect life to be always 'happyclappy'...24/7

chillout!

Happened to me a lot for a while after I left. Keep reading, keep thinking, and all that I found that helped was time. Took years to get that into your head, it's probably going to take a similar time to get it out.