Goodbye Jesus

Church Of Reality ...err ...i Mean Cyberspace.

snookums

Check this out......is that an oxymoron or what?

http://www.churchofreality.org/wisdom/welcome_home

Apparently is range...is web only. A bunch of geeky, semi religous nutters....no - strike that...full on religous nutters...operating on the internet (only)...what a scam..they even have a tax exemption.! :eek:

I had the misfortune to bump into a member on Sam Harris chatroom...so I'm aware of their recruiting style......guess what? The 'reality' is they use the same old shit as any xian or xian fundy would.... :HaHa:

this bit at the bottom is a bit of worry...don't know what that is about.

Quotes web page...

Newsflash

Marc Perkel, the founder of the Church of Reality is now listed on the American TSA list as a terrorist suspect. The TSA (US Transportation Security Administration) maintains a "selectee list" which lists people who are flagged for heightened security screening. This list, which has not caught a single real terrorist, is used mostly as a political enemies list against activists who are speaking out against government abuses of power.

"In some ways this is a badge of honor", states Marc Perkel, First One of the Church of Reality. In this environment of repression of non-Christian religions in America, if you aren't on the TSA list you aren't getting your message out. I consider it to be an acknowledgement that I'm doing my job."

This selectee list is not the worst list that the TSA has. Marc is not on the no fly list which would have prevented him from flying at all. This is just a harassment list that the US government keeps to intimidate activists.

As a result, the United States of America is now on the Church of Reality list of nations who are hostile to Realism and Realists and the US is a nation that is moving in a dangerous direction towards oppressing religious freedom.

this bit at the bottom is a bit of worry...don't know what that is about.

Eh, not surprising. A lot of people get added to that list. I doubt it had anything to do with terrorism. I suspect some government official took a look at his website (and possibly his church's recruiting efforts) and thought that he might be at a higher risk of taking something on a plane that he shouldn't. Drugs, let's say. Reading some of these articles... yeah, lots of drugs.

Not that there's, you know, anything wrong with using laws only in place to stop people from killing hundreds of people at a go in order to stop people from indulging in their favorite chemicals. Nothing at all. :Doh:

After a quick scan of the site and "Church Doctrine", I don't really see anything wrong. It's philosophy is very close to mine. What was their recruiting style?

My concern is what econo-politics will of necessity surface eventually. Not that that's a bad thing, only if it doesn't fit with reality. It's been my experience people are rarely both philosophically AND politically logical.