Goodbye Jesus

Oh Boy...

Thurisaz

Okay, it's not exactly from a 100 % trustworthy site, but still... :banghead:

Poll on WingNutda... err, worldnetdaily

Polls like these can be very misleading. The poll isn't saying that 56.05% of Americans believe the Bible is literally true, just 56.05% of the people who answered the poll do. Of course, it was a rather science-y article so that means that people who read it are either gonna be scientifically inclined people who wanna keep up on the latest news, non-science-inclined people who just think it's interesting, or people who wanna read it in order to disprove it (I'm sure I'm forgetting some options but oh well). I don't think most Americans who hear this story are really gonna care enough to take the poll. Also, a good chunk of those who do read the article aren't gonna care enough to answer the poll either. So, in the end you're only getting responses from those who care enough and usually they're people with reasons for answering like "I wanna stick it to those damn evilutionists." You're not getting a fair representation of the populace's opinion.

Maybe it could have been a xian posting the link to the poll somewhere so other xians could stuff the poll.

...You're not getting a fair representation of the populace's opinion.

I'm aware of that, but still, seeing this hurts my eyes... :vent:

...You're not getting a fair representation of the populace's opinion.

I'm aware of that, but still, seeing this hurts my eyes... :vent:

Aye

:)Thurisaz, I can't believe it either!

Wow... I wonder why people can't let obvious facts into their mental thinking?

Why can't they accept evolution now, and allow the new scientific revelations into their mentality a lot sooner? It seems like the lesson of the solar system revolving around the earth proved wrong, would have provided a lesson. How can people think that God hides evidence of their own theory and plant evidence to test their faith? What causes this to happen? :twitch: