Goodbye Jesus

My thoughts on the Rapture

scotter

Guest JP1283
After the horrendous catastrophe that was the Asian tsunami disaster, there were preachers standing in my town centre warning shoppers passing by that this was indicative of the End Times.  It's quite irresponsible really I feel because there are young children passing by and those of a weak disposition and this could terrify them.

My grandma hopped on the End Times bandwagon when the tsunami hit as well. I was a nervous wreck because of her. I actually try to avoid talking to her now because I know she will start preaching to me (she's a Jehovah's Witness, albeit a hypocritical one.)

Also, my coworkers are known for their End Times babble. Aida's a 7th Day Adventist, and she said to me a couple of weeks after I started working there that "It's the end of the world, and nobody wants to believe it." It was when we had the torrential rainstorms here in LA.

I am so sick of the End Times! I swear, it is so wrong to terrorize and threaten people with the end of the world in order to get them to join your religion. It's so fucking manipulative and fearmongering.